What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds just like my son...and they don't change with age...

My son is in his 40's now, not married, and is not very communicative. His sisters text me saying we can't get hold of him, he doesn't reply. They are worried.

So I text son, "Are you alive?"
Son's immediate answer, "Yes". (Well are least I got a response, my grown up daughters didn't)
Silence, so I text, "Where are you?"
Son's answer, "Here."
I text back, "Where is here?"
Silence, son doesn't reply...he is off the radar for the next few months...

At least he appears to be alive...

Daughters text me back to ask if he is okay, I forward them the conversation. Daughters text me back saying he still won't reply to us...

I am a mother. I have intuition to know if my kids are okay. He does not want mithering...he will be in touch with me soon enough if he wants something...even at his age...

>^..^<

You could track his phone if you wanted to and if it's a smartphone I think.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Could the blue flowers be campanula? I don’t think we can see the leaves that belong to the flowers, but campanula comes in a few different forms and sizes. It is flowering now.

Just Googled campanula and yes, I think you’re right, it does look a lot like that. I’m very impressed you recognised it from just that background shot.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning All. 5.7 also I am in good company. Laundry day and need to sort out two black sacks of clothes son left for charity shop. Looks like a dry week here in south so endless watering of garden in store.
Safe travels @Viv19 @karen8967 and @jjraak.
Have the best Monday you can. Stay well, stay safe and cool.
Thanks penguinmum i go tomorrow

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It is obviously a 5.7 day today as that was my reading too. No sign of the sun but I can offer some grey cloud if anyone is interested.
@DJC3 a lovely pic. Make the most of the puppy time it passes very quickly.
Off to work and then on a shopping extravaganza to Ableworld with my mother. I know, you are all so jealous of my rock and roll life
Take care

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.8 this morning
Slept badly, on and off.

Having a day with no ears today. Cochlear speech processor keeps crashing, and I have to twist it in two and reconnect to get it on again. But then the app that controls that controls it keeps crashing, and then crashes my phone, and messes up phone settings. I have a list for going back to the hospital again, but I have already been back twice on this and they are clueless. They just say it’s new technology and still Is in the process of being developed. The app for working this processor has many appalling reviews with exactly the same issues I have.

After the umpteenth time yesterday and I got the speech processor back working again, but my neighbour had now started a barbecue, and another neighbour with an incredibly penetrating voice (as though it is in my ear) had joined them. And my neighbour with the barbecue (also with an incredibly loud carrying voice)is yelling at his dog (as he usually does every day). I’ve heard it so many times now I know (worked out) what he is yelling.

It starts, ‘come here’
Dog barks
Then it’s ‘COME HERE’
Dog barks furiously
Then it’s ‘COME HERE’ but raise those letters 4 foot high.
Dog goes ballistic with barking
Then it’s the unmentionable words...haven’t worked them out yet but can guess at a couple.
Dog obviously still doesn’t obey...constant barking...dog has won...man has lost...

It was a beautiful dog, with a lovely nature, when he first got it from a rescue place. But a few years later it is now nasty and loud and aggressive like my neighbour is.

So no ears today, but I have constant tinnitus like a battlefield of noises. Kettles whistling, morse code, different continuous tones, 20 lane motorways (each lane travelling in a different direction), and many more noises all the time and non stop.

When I wear the Cochlear speech processor, so I can hear sound, stops some of this tinnitus.

So it’s a trade off. The penetrating sounds of neighbour and dog OR the penetrating tinnitus inside my head.....

>^..^<

Reactions: Viv19

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning and it has stayed at 5.1 since late yesterday afternoon - at least 14 hours. It didn't vary at all each time I tested. Maybe my meter had got stuck!

Am working between 9am and 9pm today with a four hour break in the middle. So shall walk to a nearby garden centre and relax with coffee and my newspaper in their lovely cafe.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It was a beautiful dog, with a lovely nature, when he first got it from a rescue place. But a few years later it is now nasty and loud and aggressive like my neighbour is.
We have noticed that dogs often become very much like their owners.
So sorry that your problems with the speech processor are continuing. Hopefully the experts will find a solution soon.

Viv19

9.8 this morning
Slept badly, on and off.

Having a day with no ears today. Cochlear speech processor keeps crashing, and I have to twist it in two and reconnect to get it on again. But then the app that controls that controls it keeps crashing, and then crashes my phone, and messes up phone settings. I have a list for going back to the hospital again, but I have already been back twice on this and they are clueless. They just say it’s new technology and still Is in the process of being developed. The app for working this processor has many appalling reviews with exactly the same issues I have.

After the umpteenth time yesterday and I got the speech processor back working again, but my neighbour had now started a barbecue, and another neighbour with an incredibly penetrating voice (as though it is in my ear) had joined them. And my neighbour with the barbecue (also with an incredibly loud carrying voice)is yelling at his dog (as he usually does every day). I’ve heard it so many times now I know (worked out) what he is yelling.

It starts, ‘come here’
Dog barks
Then it’s ‘COME HERE’
Dog barks furiously
Then it’s ‘COME HERE’ but raise those letters 4 foot high.
Dog goes ballistic with barking
Then it’s the unmentionable words...haven’t worked them out yet but can guess at a couple.
Dog obviously still doesn’t obey...constant barking...dog has won...man has lost...

So no ears today, but I have constant tinnitus like a battlefield of noises. Kettles whistling, morse code, different continuous tones, 20 lane motorways (each lane travelling in a different direction), and many more noises all the time and non stop.

When I wear the Cochlear speech processor, so I can hear sound, stops some of this tinnitus.

So it’s a trade off. The penetrating sounds of neighbour and dog OR the penetrating tinnitus inside my head.....

>^..^<

That sounds really maddening gennepher. I hope today is quieter for you.
This morning followed the pattern of higher fbg with a 7.2, same as last night. Quite cheesed off with this as I watch friends and family eating food that I have refused. There has to be some reward surely!! Come on test strips - be kinder!