What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.5 today

thank you @gennepher we're all ok, my anxiety is bothering me a bit at the moment is all so I haven't been posting much, hope to be back to more normal soon

hope your day is treating you well :)
Glad you are all ok. Take the very best care of yourself and post as and when you feel able. It is our privilege to share your art, menus and inspiration. Everyone will still be here waiting for you with the welcome you deserve,

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another start under the azure in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of nibbles and whine (famous comedy duo) came in at 5.4 this am - couldn’t be bothered to prepare a one plate standard (average for 2021) meal so anitpasti like things.

Far too hot yesterday so daughter brought the girl in the bubble round and we sat in the garden. Son in law and his best mate from schooldays are having a golfing weekend. Said bubble girl is now fine but not exactly liking the heat. Still, excitement being held up to strum wind chimes and fascinated when a small frog appeared. She also did some plein air - mostly on her self - good job she was wearing her wipe down art top.

Art today - about one third A4 landscape, ink on unsized rice paper. I hope you are all surviving in this heat. Time for an early koffy.

upload_2021-7-18_6-22-34.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. More summer here:woot: For those who don't like the heat, hug and I empathise - autumn, spring, winter and much of a standard UK summer probably make me feel the same. I'll fit a new Swipey bedtime but on this date in 2015 my fbg on Stabbington Bear was 4.3 with a daily average of 4.525 - or thereabouts;). Your art is incredibly detailed for such a small "canvas" @dunelm and yesterday with family sounds divine. Snap for antipasti - Fenboys do like the traditional dish of chargrilled artichoke hearts - always took some under their caps when hoeing beet. Remarkable how they found a W'''''se in Grunty Fen. 91 yo MIL likes lamb so roast lamb shoulder today, with salad for me - see how that works. Pork chop marinated , 3 days, in h/m barbeque sauce was unexpectedly pleasing yesterday - LC tabbouleh is tasty and summery IMHO. Julie watched 3 Hunger Games filums yesterday. All I saw was Trump and Johnson - I need help:angelic:. Slip. slap. slop, wear an 'att, keep hydrated, take the Harvest Festivals orf Granma and chill the whatsit out.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who wonder what today has planned for them. Do we all wander off to the coast and mingle with the covid riddled masses? Don't think so, it will filled up with media film crews to do reports on how busy the resorts are..........with film crews!

A 5.3 this morning on that scheming meter.

Very shortly I shall be togging up in my protective gear and going out for a ride on my motorcycle, I have a destination that could well satisfy my craving for healthy vegan bacon sarnies, being 70% vegan, 30% carnivore and 15% neanderthal I can eat this sort of thing, but please don't try this at home. The aim is to get home before the general public get out and about, oh and hordes of Wiggins in their lycra shorts and booties.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers stay cool, stay safe and stay away from cabinet ministers.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who wonder what today has planned for them. Do we all wander off to the coast and mingle with the covid riddled masses? Don't think so, it will filled up with media film crews to do reports on how busy the resorts are..........with film crews!

A 5.3 this morning on that scheming meter.

Very shortly I shall be togging up in my protective gear and going out for a ride on my motorcycle, I have a destination that could well satisfy my craving for healthy vegan bacon sarnies, being 70% vegan, 30% carnivore and 15% neanderthal I can eat this sort of thing, but please don't try this at home. The aim is to get home before the general public get out and about, oh and hordes of Wiggins in their lycra shorts and booties.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers stay cool, stay safe and stay away from cabinet ministers.
Enjoy your ride out, whatever viands you consume, return safely to Mrs A J. Shall you be watching the T20? I imagine you are more of a five day purist:angelic: Abergavenny is a beautiful cricket ground. I played there once on tour. A "fast" - vivid imagination - bowler with a potty mouth. To my eternal shame I did rather wind him up but tried to protect others from him.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 this morning. I am much more confident now that the P.E. Diet has got rid of dawn phenomenon, which has been stubbornly reluctant to go away up to now, even though I have stayed well below 20g carbs since 2017.

Today we are going really early to Sheringham Park. The met office forecasts that it is much cooler there than here in Dereham probably because of a cooling breeze from the ses. We will stay in the shade of the trees and just do a slow amble through the woodland so that the dogs will be OK.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 this morning. I am much more confident now that the P.E. Diet has got rid of dawn phenomenon, which has been stubbornly reluctant to go away up to now, even though I have stayed well below 20g carbs since 2017.

Today we are going really early to Sheringham Park. The met office forecasts that it is much cooler there than here in Dereham probably because of a cooling breeze from the ses. We will stay in the shade of the trees and just do a slow amble through the woodland so that the dogs will be OK.
Great news on P.E. and Dawny. Enjoy Sheringham Park, we must go but probably next year. Early start and shade sounds just the kind of common sense one expects from Mr K. Young hot head like yourself did so well there :angelic:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Good morning everyone from another start under the azure in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of nibbles and whine (famous comedy duo) came in at 5.4 this am - couldn’t be bothered to prepare a one plate standard (average for 2021) meal so anitpasti like things.

Far too hot yesterday so daughter brought the girl in the bubble round and we sat in the garden. Son in law and his best mate from schooldays are having a golfing weekend. Said bubble girl is now fine but not exactly liking the heat. Still, excitement being held up to strum wind chimes and fascinated when a small frog appeared. She also did some plein air - mostly on her self - good job she was wearing her wipe down art top.

Art today - about one third A4 landscape, ink on unsized rice paper. I hope you are all surviving in this heat. Time for an early koffy.

View attachment 50485
Good to read GIB is back on form.

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 50485
Glad G in B is doing okay @dunelm

I like this painting with the trees drawing my eyes far into the distance...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

Photo collage of Popeye searching for shade. He vanished at one point, 5 minutes later still hidden where I cannot reach. Got some nice chilled jelly cat food for him. Placed it on the path, and he saunters out of his hiding place...
Why do cats like dirty water?
I have plenty of nice drinking water in the garden in various bowls and bird baths...

Now to find shade for me...

037B0785-B43E-4C04-B233-DC3E4421B54F.jpeg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
7.20am FBG 7.0 hmm. Lemon tea only for you Lizzy! And had better finish clearing up.
9.15 am BG 5.9
Apéro chez nous last night.
Did make an effort with LC nibbles
Goats cheese log slices topped with smoked salmon
Eggs and anchovies,
Sausage slices
Nuts ( except they got forgotten)
Cheese ofc served with bread and butter
But there were also other pastry items and after a few glasses of wine resistance is low.
MrSlim proclaimed the evening to be a success. Our guests, who had not previously met, stayed for over six hours. We must be doing something right:cat:
And
Tonight we are guests at our neighbours Apéro. More wine and nibbles will be consumed :greedy:

Enjoy the sunshine peeps.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.20am FBG 7.0 hmm. Lemon tea only for you Lizzy! And had better finish clearing up.
9.15 am BG 5.9
Apéro chez nous last night.
Did make an effort with LC nibbles
Goats cheese log slices topped with smoked salmon
Eggs and anchovies,
Sausage slices
Nuts ( except they got forgotten)
Cheese ofc served with bread and butter
But there were also other pastry items and after a few glasses of wine resistance is low.
MrSlim proclaimed the evening to be a success. Our guests, who had not previously met, stayed for over six hours. We must be doing something right:cat:
And
Tonight we are guests at our neighbours Apéro. More wine and nibbles will be consumed :greedy:

Enjoy the sunshine peeps.
The winner isn't for the initial fbg which bugs you but the 5.9 is fine. The Apéro sounds as though it was a huge success.:) Goats cheese log slices topped with smoked salmon + Eggs and anchovies. Divine darling, simply divine :woot::woot::woot:

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The winner isn't for the initial fbg which bugs you but the 5.9 is fine. The Apéro sounds as though it was a huge success.:) Goats cheese log slices topped with smoked salmon + Eggs and anchovies. Divine darling, simply divine :woot::woot::woot:
  • Thank you @ianpspurs Have just found a plate of mini mozzarella balls skewered with ham and cherry tomatoes . MrSlim decided we had too much food so popped then in the fridge, uncovered, now the ham has crispy edges. They are looking like lunch. Certainly not fit to donate to tonights soirée. Grrr could have done with those to help keep me off the sushi, bread and pastries.

Reactions: dunelm and jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
  • Thank you @ianpspurs Have just found a plate of mini mozzarella balls skewered with ham and cherry tomatoes . MrSlim decided we had too much food so popped then in the fridge, uncovered, now the ham has crispy edges. They are looking like lunch. Certainly not fit to donate to tonights soirée. Grrr could have done with those to help keep me off the sushi, bread and pastries.
Sashimi is the way forward. Ham and mozzarella probably a winner as well. No 2 son loves Jambon de Bayonne. I love the seafood in Lacanua. Enjoy this evening and let the wind carry you for fbg tomorrow.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Amazing amount of damage from such a small number of loony tunes. Still, USA and UK both know what carnage a single rogue elephant shopping trolley can cause.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-18 11.51.46.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-18 11.51.46.png
    187.5 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Amazing amount of damage from such a small number of loony tunes. Still, USA and UK both know what carnage a single rogue elephant can cause.
Interesting.

As you say one rogue elephant :wideyed:

And before I lose it a link that I thought perfectly explained the govts NHS programme to move it to an insurance model

https://consortiumnews.com/2021/07/14/sicko-uk/

A lot more safe & sensible, then the link sounds honest
(Apparently sicko was a Michael Moore movie )

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting.

As you say one rogue elephant :wideyed:

And before I lose it a link that I thought perfectly explained the govts NHS programme to move it to an insurance model

https://consortiumnews.com/2021/07/14/sicko-uk/

A lot more safe & sensible, then the link sounds honest
(Apparently sicko was a Michael Moore movie )
Useful link. I updated the post - Cummings now refers to our rogue elephant as a shopping trolley.:hilarious: See image below.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-18 11.51.46.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-18 11.51.46.png
    187.5 KB · Views: 77