What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a damp and dreary start here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of chicken parmesan came in at 5.8 this am.

A day of stomping around in the damp yesterday wearing waterproof clothing and welly boots. By early afternoon, we had all had enough and took shelter to crowd round the dining room table with paper, pencils, scissors and glue to make all manner or things. Little Miss Pamplemouse decided that you can’t here a Pteradactyl in the bathrooom because it has a silent ‘P’ - contact her for other tips about chortles - I know not if she fully understands the joke, her being only six years old but you never know.

Art bit - another country scene, have a great day if you can, I shall now make koffy.

View attachment 50652
Some great art today @dunelm
I am liking this series...
Enjoy your coffee...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. Dull here. Yes, both myself and the weather. 4.5 via Swipey. Longish drive to Southampton soon for a party in the park - No 3 granddaughter. Pit stop in a hotel - worrying if I'm honest - then home Sunday in time for No 2 grandson, all God willing obviously. Little Miss Pamplemouse sounds like a superstar in the making @dunelm and another fine piece of art from you. Popeye the guard cat is looking remarkably spry @gennepher. I'm glad your bungalow, or bungle as No 1 son called them, is cooler. I'm off to deliver two gazebos to a place called Netley Park, eat a couple of Heck sausages, smile sweetly, sleep as well as possible and rentrer chez nous asap. Will I find somewhere to watch the rugby? Y'all take care now, I absolutely insist.
Thanks @ianpspurs
Popeye says Miaow!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 this morning. Yesterday I had my fitbit charging in a USB slot on my PC. It disappeared completely. Couldn't find it anywhere. .Mr K came to the rescue and eventually retrieved it with the help of a coat hanger made into a hook. My computer station is like a wardrobe and the desk and drawers pull out on wheels. It had gone to the very back of the desk and looked like we would not be able to retrieve it without dismantling the desk. I was really happy to be reunited with it.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are not sure about today.

A pain induced 7.9 this morning, yeah a right pain in the neck, literally. Never mind, just have to get on with things.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers, 4 children's shields to make, car and motorcycle to wash and fill in the form to renew my driving license, plus the usual plinky plonky and walking, busy day me thinks. All subject to being able to move my head. Whoops forgot to mention drink koffy, black no sugar thanks

Stay apart and have a great day all, safe travels to those travelling.

lindisfel

Expert
Good morning all. Dull here. Yes, both myself and the weather. 4.5 via Swipey. Longish drive to Southampton soon for a party in the park - No 3 granddaughter. Pit stop in a hotel - worrying if I'm honest - then home Sunday in time for No 2 grandson, all God willing obviously. Little Miss Pamplemouse sounds like a superstar in the making @dunelm and another fine piece of art from you. Popeye the guard cat is looking remarkably spry @gennepher. I'm glad your bungalow, or bungle as No 1 son called them, is cooler. I'm off to deliver two gazebos to a place called Netley Park, eat a couple of Heck sausages, smile sweetly, sleep as well as possible and rentrer chez nous asap. Will I find somewhere to watch the rugby? Y'all take care now, I absolutely insist.
Have a good and safe trip, Ian.
Hope the weather is ok and it is an enjoyeable day away.
D.

lindisfel

Expert
4.9 this morning. Yesterday I had my fitbit charging in a USB slot on my PC. It disappeared completely. Couldn't find it anywhere. .Mr K came to the rescue and eventually retrieved it with the help of a coat hanger made into a hook. My computer station is like a wardrobe and the desk and drawers pull out on wheels. It had gone to the very back of the desk and looked like we would not be able to retrieve it without dismantling the desk. I was really happy to be reunited with it.
Not like my s.i.l when he was doing IT. He was called to a work station where the keyboard would not work and found the round plug for the keyboard was pushed into a hole in the wall plaster which it just fitted.:)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good afternoon all. fbs this morning was 9.4. :arghh: My own doing this time. Stressful day yesterday led me to comfort eat far too many carby snacks. Will try harder today!:angelic: Have a good week-end whatever you may be doing and wherever you are going. :)

Reactions: karen8967

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.4 today

we have a family of what look like European starlings scarfing our fat balls in the garden today, those beaks really are long and sharp ;)
anyone else finding it a bit of a challenge to get comfortable with going anywhere you haven't been for a while?
I was thinking about my art and it's 'sameyness' at the moment and I've decided that it's usually fairly peaceful and that's perhaps what I'm in need of :sorry:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - glad Popeye is OK and back on guard ;)

@dunelm - lovely country scene I do enjoy it thank you :joyful:

@ianpspurs - safe trip :)

@alf_Josiah - hope your neck eases soon :)

art bit - a bit minimal ;)

upload_2021-7-31_12-47-15.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope your trip goes well.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.4 today

we have a family of what look like European starlings scarfing our fat balls in the garden today, those beaks really are long and sharp ;)
anyone else finding it a bit of a challenge to get comfortable with going anywhere you haven't been for a while?
I was thinking about my art and it's 'sameyness' at the moment and I've decided that it's usually fairly peaceful and that's perhaps what I'm in need of :sorry:

View attachment 50655

Yes @geefull I am making all the excuses under the sun so I don't have to go to a place I used to often go before Covid landed with its lockdowns....

You said " I was thinking about my art and it's 'sameyness' at the moment and I've decided that it's usually fairly peaceful and that's perhaps what I'm in need of :sorry: "
Your work is peaceful and beautiful and relaxing, and we are all in need of peace and relaxation. So please continue the way you are painting if it makes you content to paint the way you are doing so.
Thanks for Popeye's wishes.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.4 today

View attachment 50655
Thank you @geefull and perhaps we are all in need of a bit of peace and ‘sameyness’ right now to keep us grounded. I like the minimalist piece from you.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a not so quiet start today here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of some Thai deliciousness cooked by my daughter in law came in at 5.2 this am

Lots of rain yesterday but managed to dodge quite a bit of it. We did take waterproof coats so no big deal. RNLI surf watch not very busy as hardly anyone on the beach. Today looks better so we will all traipse down there later this morning. Son and family leaving this afternoon to visit maternal grandmother further up into the northern wasteland of Durham.

Art bit - go tell it on the mountain. Have a wonderful day if you can. Double koffy on the brew.

upload_2021-8-1_7-37-42.jpeg

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

Another pain and lack of sleep induced reading of 7.6 this morning. It's amazing how much small things can upset our readings, but what works for one might not work for another, we are all different. How people that are in constant pain cope I know not. Hats off to you.

My plans for today are on hold and tomorrow's motorcycle ride is going to be cancelled, riding motorbikes and also bicycles relies on you constantly looking around, mirrors just are not good enough. If you can't move your head best stay away from riding.

Have a great day fellow posters, painters and gamers. Stay apart.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

Another pain and lack of sleep induced reading of 7.6 this morning. It's amazing how much small things can upset our readings, but what works for one might not work for another, we are all different. How people that are in constant pain cope I know not. Hats off to you.

My plans for today are on hold and tomorrow's motorcycle ride is going to be cancelled, riding motorbikes and also bicycles relies on you constantly looking around, mirrors just are not good enough. If you can't move your head best stay away from riding.

Have a great day fellow posters, painters and gamers. Stay apart.
Hope the pain settles down @alf_Josiah . Very wise to cancel the motorbike ride.

Reactions: alf_Josiah