What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone from a propellers in a clear blue sky here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel shook off it’s mortal coil during the night and has now been consigned to the recycling bin of doom. I may attach a clone in a while - no rush but it’s on the list of things best forgotten.

Birthdays today, my mum won first prize in the raffle so best click that link on social media that informs you of such events - better still, a card - virtual and more virtuous but not too far along the virtue scale to give her a heart attach if, for the first time ever, an actual card in an actual envelope dropped into her actual letter box - still, a zoom call later - I will wear a hat, probably a red one that doesn’t suit me and doesn’t go. And read her a poem by John Cooper Clark. Probably Haiku - mustn’t spin it out too much.
To-con-vey one’s mood
In sev-en-teen syll-able-s
Is ve-ry dif-fic

So, just a birthday card today, black with red splodges. Hope everyones aches and pangs are less of a nuisance today than they were jesterday. Late, but still time for koffy.

View attachment 50686
happy birthday dunelms mum xx

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

In lazy mode this morning.
Filled the suet ball cages.
Fed the outside menagerie of cats, Merryweather and Jade (Jade appears to be a permanent resident in my garden, so I will call her Jade in honour of my Jade). They know their names now, or is it the sound of my voice calling them?

Back to bed with a coffee and a tea. Cat on bed, so photographed him. He looks so small like that. Stuck hand and Pixel phone out of bedroom window and took photos of flying sparrows (yes I am still comfy in bed). These were the two that worked the best. I still need to improve on my flying sparrows, but not sure how when I have Pixel set to portrait to enlarge the sparrows, and a lot of these photos are taken blind because there is no way I can find the sparrow on my phone screen when it is enlarged this much. So, I am pointing in a general direction and if I think a sparrow is about to take off then I start shouting pics....

All is well (apart from this darn skin itching). The sun is on my thatched swing, so I can't sit on that until the sun has turned a corner and put it in shade.Temperature outside was 12C in the early hours, but has now risen to 17C (at 8:30 am). And I need another cuppa tea, and then on to coffee drinking (still trying out some different flavoured coffee bags I got for my birthday).

Composite photo of 2 different flying sparrows and a dreaming cat on my bed...

Take care...

C31D4EEC-3B87-4A82-BC4F-3136ECD24CFF.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all on a morning for which I can't conjure any love of the weather here in Forest Heath. No new Swipey and I even eschewed the scales today. How very louche or Bohemian or just plain slack. Truly wonderful seascape @geefull. Unlike some others I'm far happier with my seaside experience being virtual so yours work splendidly for me. Amazing birthday card @dunelm and many happy returns to your mum. As you say, no shocks at this stage of her life is the best policy. Hug for the neck issue @alf_Josiah and the lingering fybro issue @gennepher. Wonderful fbg and yesterday @Krystyna23040. Ah, the old doors myth. I find they do tend to open onto a precipitous drop to one's doom. Safest to walk away quickly. Hope I've cheered you all up.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another fab selection of photo’s - hope that this current Fibromyalgia episode calms very soon for you.
Thanks very much @dunelm
I am having to pace myself very much to keep it at bay. I hate pacing myself. I want to continue acting like I have the energy and stamina of a17 year old.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all on a morning for which I can't conjure any love of the weather here in Forest Heath. No new Swipey and I even eschewed the scales today. How very louche or Bohemian or just plain slack. Truly wonderful seascape @geefull. Unlike some others I'm far happier with my seaside experience being virtual so yours work splendidly for me. Amazing birthday card @dunelm and many happy returns to your mum. As you say, no shocks at this stage of her life is the best policy. Hug for the neck issue @alf_Josiah and the lingering fybro issue @gennepher. Wonderful fbg and yesterday @Krystyna23040. Ah, the old doors myth. I find they do tend to open onto a precipitous drop to one's doom. Safest to walk away quickly. Hope I've cheered you all up.
Thanks @ianpspurs
:)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Fed the outside menagerie of cats, Merryweather and Jade (Jade appears to be a permanent resident in my garden, so I will call her Jade in honour of my Jade). They know their names now, or is it the sound of my voice calling them?

Back to bed with a coffee and a tea. Cat on bed, so photographed him. He looks so small like that. Stuck hand and Pixel phone out of bedroom window and took photos of flying sparrows (yes I am still comfy in bed). These were the two that worked the best. I still need to improve on my flying sparrows, but not sure how when I have Pixel set to portrait to enlarge the sparrows, and a lot of these photos are taken blind because there is no way I can find the sparrow on my phone screen when it is enlarged this much. So, I am pointing in a general direction and if I think a sparrow is about to take off then I start shouting pics....

All is well (apart from this darn skin itching). The sun is on my thatched swing, so I can't sit on that until the sun has turned a corner and put it in shade.Temperature outside was 12C in the early hours, but has now risen to 17C (at 8:30 am). And I need another cuppa tea, and then on to coffee drinking (still trying out some different flavoured coffee bags I got for my birthday).

Take care...

View attachment 50687
@gennepher - good that the fibromyalgia is setting down. Hope the skin itching settles down soon also.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
From the outside you seem to have the energy to put a 17 year old to shame.
Thank you @ianpspurs. You might possibly be right. In 2002 I was on a course in London and we were asked how many Pilates classes did we run. When I mentioned how many classes and 1:1s I ran the teacher was horrified and told me that I would be 'burnt out' within 4 years. As that prediction didn't come true I must either have the energy of a 17 year old or be as 'tough as old boots'.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you @ianpspurs. You might possibly be right. In 2002 I was on a course in London and we were asked how many Pilates classes did we run. When I mentioned how many classes and 1:1s I ran the teacher was horrified and told me that I would be 'burnt out' within 4 years. As that prediction didn't come true I must either have the energy of a 17 year old or be as 'tough as old boots'.
I will go with the energy of a 17 year old, but 'tough as old boots' is also a compliment :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Take care...

View attachment 50687
Smashing photo’s again - koffy drinking - excellent. I can some days make a cafetière of koffy before I even have any koffy to start me off. Monsooned Malabar is a favorite - I love the idea of calling the process of drying ‘monsooning’ and it tastes great.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks very much @dunelm
I am having to pace myself very much to keep it at bay. I hate pacing myself. I want to continue acting like I have the energy and stamina of a17 year old.
I have the same issue - my body is so cantankerous and different parts decide to ache just when another part has settled down - brian is still stuck in 1967.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You have painted a really lovely birthday card for your mum.
Thank you @Krystyna23040 - I sent it to her just before we had our zoom call - she has now gone off for lunch with dad, one of my sisters and her daughter, to a Moroccan restaurant which sits on the side of the river Charente near where they live.