What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a a pleasant garden watering morning here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of garlic butter chicken with a heap of sautéed cabbage, onion and pea thing mixed with mint and coriander and lashings of gravy came in at 5.4 this am

Another quite warm day yesterday so kept under the trees in the park for a brisk stroll and then a slow meander down the beach - a bit repetitive I know but it gets us out. Mr Pickle’s team won this weeks footy tournament - another one next week. It’s good that sporting activities are put on over the school holidays.

Bit of a dilemma yesterday - when do you stop and put your brushes down? A bit of dry into wet on rice paper and then fiddled about with it - you choose. Have a Fabulous Friday. Koffy is on the go.

View attachment 50733

View attachment 50731
I like the black and white top one , but that is just me.
Bottom one with the red is great too @dunelm
Each of us is going to like something different.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Rain rain rain and so I took a photo of outdoors from inside where I was nice and dry. Coffee now...and a nap...

20C9921E-140B-451B-82F4-BD24B4AF4838.jpeg

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Shhhh, got to quick and quiet this Morening, the grandchildren are imminent, they will be here in wet Tilehurst Towers for a sleep over.
New surrogate granddaughter arrived yesterday, typical female.....late. I don't have the details yet.

A straight 7 this morning, not good, not bad either.
Must go and start the day, with a koffy mug in hand.
Belarus paf child's play, you try living under the watchful all seeing eye of Mrs J.

Stay safe.
Congratulatiins alf xx

Reactions: alf_Josiah

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Many a holiday we've crossed the Wirral, gone over Queensferry and gone up into the Welsh hills to Bala as the next toilet stop on our way to Cardigan bay and Newgale in Pembrokeshire. Great hols when the family was young.
I remember your bit well.

D.
Newgale beach was the site of several family holiday dramas when I was a child. There was the time my we tried out the dingy my father and brother had built. None of us had sailed before and we consistently failed to get beyond the breakers. Retuning occaisionally to the beach to empty out the water. Someone thought we were in difficulty and called out the coastguards. Oops. We did eventually get it right and then zipped along at a breathtaking speed. Hugely exciting for my teenaged self and rewarding all the evenings and weekends of construction for my Father and brother. Later on Mum fell during a ball game on the beach.... perhaps the origin of all her shoulder troubles since?
At the time my parents had four children, two cars, a caravan and a boat to get home. My father drove Mum home, with the dingy and the two boys, leaving myself and my sister in the caravan. He returned by train three days later to collect us.
While he was away my sister and I walked from the caravan, parked at Nolton Haven to Newgale and swam in the sea. There was a hailstorm which we ignored ( oh to be young again) when we emerged from the sea, we surprised a young man in a chip van by appearing out of the weather still in our bikinis. Think we were the only people on the beach that day.

Reactions: lindisfel

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
8.45am FBG 5.8
Weight 50.3kg
Errant weight 4.2kg
His battle scars from last week are healing, small tufts of fur falling out as they do.
He has been having the same amount of food for three weeks now, but last week he put some weight on.
My battle with the black dog continues.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Newgale beach was the site of several family holiday dramas when I was a child. There was the time my we tried out the dingy my father and brother had built. None of us had sailed before and we consistently failed to get beyond the breakers. Retuning occaisionally to the beach to empty out the water. Someone thought we were in difficulty and called out the coastguards. Oops. We did eventually get it right and then zipped along at a breathtaking speed. Hugely exciting for my teenaged self and rewarding all the evenings and weekends of construction for my Father and brother. Later on Mum fell during a ball game on the beach.... perhaps the origin of all her shoulder troubles since?
At the time my parents had four children, two cars, a caravan and a boat to get home. My father drove Mum home, with the dingy and the two boys, leaving myself and my sister in the caravan. He returned by train three days later to collect us.
While he was away my sister and I walked from the caravan, parked at Nolton Haven to Newgale and swam in the sea. There was a hailstorm which we ignored ( oh to be young again) when we emerged from the sea, we surprised a young man in a chip van by appearing out of the weather still in our bikinis. Think we were the only people on the beach that day.
Wonderful memories

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
8.45am FBG 5.8
Weight 50.3kg
Errant weight 4.2kg
His battle scars from last week are healing, small tufts of fur falling out as they do.
He has been having the same amount of food for three weeks now, but last week he put some weight on.
My battle with the black dog continues.
That Errant has a secret stash - or a begging bowl. Do you have the support of someone to talk to when black dog visits?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
This is a rant, but this guy talks sense, dont get caught out. I am up for getting my heated jacket and trousers! ;)

You can hire your local MP who will pump out more hot air than a heat pump. Keep it in a soundproof shed and poke John Gummer burgers in every now and again.

lindisfel

Expert
It keeps raining here today in short sharp showers, we have been waiting since April.
So I exercised between the showers.

A young Anthony Rolley was outside the patio door at lunch time and then we had a field vole try to get up the back steps.
Such action, its all too much!
D.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a quiet after the rain start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of supervising Mr Pickle to make a bolognese sauce came in at 5.3 this am

Cut my middle finger on left hand ( not looking what I was doing making small dice carrot) and then an annoying cut on my right thumb (micro grating parmesan) - touch typing has never felt this good. The life of a Commis Chef is fraught with with danger.

Art bit - my mother commented yesterday that there is a saying in Chinese painting and it is this; “leave enough space in your painting for a horse and cart”. OK mum, here you go. Have a fabulous Saturday if you can. I need some koffy.

upload_2021-8-7_7-15-39.jpeg

Reactions: SlimLizzy

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.4 this morning. Last day of term and then 3½ weeks off. Today is truly mad. This is the last time I schedule a day with no breaks (9am to 6pm). The only problem is that I have been saying this since the year 2000 - hopefully I will get it right sometime soon.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds as though today requires a mahoosive group hug for humings and felines. Cut fingers, overbooked Pilates, #foodgate, moody days ( Danny Dyer ???) and generally dealing with The D in Woosterworld:arghh: I intend to drink my tea, eat my salad - with avo-, ogle Ho, ho,ho lympics, cricket and rugby, move about somewhat, fit a new sensor and sleep. Have a spiffing day chums but respect "the situation"

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen from a grandchildren infested Tilehurst Towers.

A late night sausage snacking 6.8 this morning.

Well the day is a voyage into the unknown, I think I shall name today as the voyage of the dawn mayhem.

Treats to plan, sneaking them past the ever watchful eye of their nanny ( Mrs J ), supervised woodworking, light sabers to finish and paint, climbing frames to climb, go carts to make go.
Whoops their mother is now checking up, I shall tell the truth, but omit the naughty bits hehehehehe

Stay etc, etc, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: SlimLizzy