What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
Good morning everyone from another overcast start tho the day here on the swan and goose infested Thames.
The wonder wheel of excitement and anticipation rocked home at a spiced up 5.4 this am

Despite a bit of drizzle at times, a very pleasant walk along the Thames with refreshments in one of those outdoor beach hut things that has sprung up in pub gardens. We are off to Bristol this morning so see one of my brothers, he as booked us into an Indian restaurant that he has recently ‘discovered’ - all very John Cabot.

Hope that everyone has a very pleasant day, another tree, another koffee.

View attachment 50796
Feral geese can be a menace. Canada Geese in particular can be problematical.
Perhaps they might be used to improve the diets of the poor of the parish! ;)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from another overcast start tho the day here on the swan and goose infested Thames.
The wonder wheel of excitement and anticipation rocked home at a spiced up 5.4 this am

Despite a bit of drizzle at times, a very pleasant walk along the Thames with refreshments in one of those outdoor beach hut things that has sprung up in pub gardens. We are off to Bristol this morning so see one of my brothers, he as booked us into an Indian restaurant that he has recently ‘discovered’ - all very John Cabot.

Hope that everyone has a very pleasant day, another tree, another koffee.

View attachment 50796
Brilliant tree @dunelm
Enjoy your day

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Have always thought that Canada goose would be good eating.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.3

A busy night.
I woke up at 1.30 am from a dream (nightmare?) where my head was in a bowl of gravy ?¿?
Phew, it wasn't.
I remembered there were shooting stars.
So opened bedroom door into my garden (after previously putting cat food down for cat to keep him occupied).
Took 3 nightsight photos on Pixel (top row), then suddenly the cat climbs on to my shoulders, his paws and head on my head. I have a Davy Crockett hat...which suddenly slides down my back, and so I shut the bedroom door quickly before he can get out. I did manage to see one shooting star out of the corner of my eye.
So then I look for cat.
Panic stations.
Where is he?
I am about to get search lights for the garden, when I notice an extra 'pillow' at the top of my bed on the right (bottom left photo). Phew...
Then I decide to take a photo to explain the weird nighttime green photo I took yesterday. Bottom right, it was two fairies on my wardrobe.
Went and made a cuppa, and as I finish it I realise there are a lot of wispy feathery clouds in the dawn sky. And so I take two photos (middle row).
And then I go into collage app, then Snapseed to blend the photo edges...
A clear blue sky out there now, sun, with not a single cloud...
Have a good day...

8A153E4E-2F9B-457E-AEA0-2E50E26E55B4.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: SlimLizzy

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The geese and swans have done very well training the locals to provide sustenance. I think that these are Egyptian geese so word is spreading

upload_2021-8-13_8-27-12.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.3

A busy night.
I woke up at 1.30 am from a dream (nightmare?) where my head was in a bowl of gravy ?¿?
Phew, it wasn't.
I remembered there were shooting stars.
So opened bedroom door into my garden (after previously putting cat food down for cat to keep him occupied).
Took 3 nightsight photos on Pixel (top row), then suddenly the cat climbs on to my shoulders, his paws and head on my head. I have a Davy Crockett hat...which suddenly slides down my back, and so I shut the bedroom door quickly before he can get out. I did managed to see one shooting star out of the corner of my eye.
So then I look for cat.
Panic stations.
Where is he?
I am about to get search lights for the garden, when I notice an extra 'pillow' at the top of my bed on the right (bottom left photo). Phew...
Then I decide to take a photo to explain the weird nighttime green photo I took yesterday. Bottom right, it was two fairies on my wardrobe.
Went and made a cuppa, and as I finish it I realise there are a lot of wispy feathery clouds in the dawn sky. And so I take two photos (middle row).
And then I go into collage app, then Snapseed to blend the photo edges...
A clear blue sky out there now, sun, with not a single cloud...
Have a good day...

View attachment 50797
Wonderful illustrated story telling

Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. It is so lovely to have daughter and family staying with us. We are off to Pensthorpe shortly. Grandchildren are really looking forward to seeing the red squirrels.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I should have added I wouldnt have them at any price!
Mr K won 't have them at any price either. He was put on statins some years ago but did not connect the muscle pain with taking the statins and just accepted it as a part of growing older.

When I was severely affected by them he realised that they were highly likely to be the cause of all his pain. He came off them. No more pain.

When he told his doctor that he had stopped taking the statins his doctor said that it was fine as his cholesterol was low before he started taking statins. Why then, as we both had low cholesterol, were we put on statins.

We were so stupid back then. Why didn't either of us question why we were being put on these drugs or do any research on possible side effects. We both still feel really cross with ourselves that we were so naive. We question everything now.

Reactions: lindisfel

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all on yet another unseasonal day, in Forest Heath at least. Swipey said call it 5.2 for cash - mates rates. Too high for a Swipey reading (at least +.5) but I'm seemingly not driving this train at the moment so it thunders on. Some wonderful adventures planned for today by forumites. Enjoy Bristol, meeting your brother and the Indian meal @dunelm. Have a magical time at Penshurst creating priceless memories of those Grandchildren @Krystyna23040. Great story and montage @gennepher. Super salmon salad day, 2 grandchildren, trip to a wild and windy dog play park and maybe Test Match highlights then foot the ball here. You must be beside yourself with joy that soccer has returned young Alfred. Am I the only one who is content to swallow a statin? I can't detect any side effects - possibly the vitamn D supplement- and the only male in my close family who has lived past 80 happily took them. The others were statin deniers and I prefer course and distance winners from the same stable. @lindisfel economy vs Darwin.? Have you been asleep for about 50 years? Tinkety Tonk Old Fruits.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

A 4.9 this morening, more calculations, sucking of teeth noises and kicking of tyres.

Must go things to do.

Have a great day

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
On a serious subject the program on dementia tomorrow R.4 at 2000 may be interesting.
It concerns Jonathan Miller.
Being clever is no guarantee to not having the affliction, as we know.
I do think it is difficult for families to deal with and needs an awful lot of compassion for the patient because they feel so completely and utterly lost.

I remember my b.i.l. said my sister asked him, where mother was? over 40 times in the space of ten mins or so on one occasion.

It must get very difficult if one was to note all the abnormal behaviour.

He eventually felt justified in putting her in a home against her wishes.
It is sad he hadn't looked more carefully, it was a terrible place which later was closed.
D.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice visual summary of the P:E approach which is gaining advocates on here and DD. I am trying to eat this way. I can happily eat some of the protein sources, (fish, chicken, whey, game and seafood) and am fine with the salad form of fibre. Hot food and red meat are problematic. Miles from where I started off on LC. I hardly eat eggs or bacon anymore - big change. Anyhow, I hope the graphic helps someone and don't be surprised if your food likes and dislikes change with time on LC.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-13 10.15.00.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-13 10.15.00.png
    113 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good morning all on yet another unseasonal day, in Forest Heath at least. Swipey said call it 5.2 for cash - mates rates. Too high for a Swipey reading (at least +.5) but I'm seemingly not driving this train at the moment so it thunders on. Some wonderful adventures planned for today by forumites. Enjoy Bristol, meeting your brother and the Indian meal @dunelm. Have a magical time at Penshurst creating priceless memories of those Grandchildren @Krystyna23040. Great story and montage @gennepher. Super salmon salad day, 2 grandchildren, trip to a wild and windy dog play park and maybe Test Match highlights then foot the ball here. You must be beside yourself with joy that soccer has returned young Alfred. Am I the only one who is content to swallow a statin? I can't detect any side effects - possibly the vitamn D supplement- and the only male in my close family who has lived past 80 happily took them. The others were statin deniers and I prefer course and distance winners from the same stable. @lindisfel economy vs Darwin.? Have you been asleep for about 50 years? Tinkety Tonk Old Fruits.

"Foot the ball" can't stand watching the game, the inane commentaries and the hype. But absolutely love the politics behind the game.

Here's my take on statins.
For me fairly innocuous, yes I am on statins, but when I got told at a liver clinic at my transplant hospital, my liver wouldn't kill me, but the side effects of my anti rejection drugs would, it kind of focuses your thinking processes and you concentrate on the big stuff first.

Reactions: ianpspurs

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
On a serious subject the program on dementia tomorrow R.4 at 2000 may be interesting.
It concerns Jonathan Miller.
Being clever is no guarantee to not having the affliction, as we know.
I do think it is difficult for families to deal with and needs an awful lot of compassion for the patient because they feel so completely and utterly lost.

I remember my b.i.l. said my sister asked him, where mother was? over 40 times in the space of ten mins or so on one occasion.

It must get very difficult if one was to note all the abnormal behaviour.

He eventually felt justified in putting her in a home against her wishes.
It is sad he hadn't looked more carefully, it was a terrible place which later was closed.
D.
i used to work in a care home and its heartbreaking for the families as well as the resident x

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Am I the only one who is content to swallow a statin? I can't detect any side effects - possibly the vitamin D supplement-
Sadly the vitamin D supplement didn't stop our statin side effects. A lot of studies show there are real benefits to taking statins, so you are really lucky that you have no side effects and can continue to take them.

It is so fascinating just how differently we react to things. Many years ago I worked with someone who couldn't even have one cup of coffee or he had severe palpitations. He never had palpitations at any other time.

Other colleagues couldn't sleep if they had coffee in the afternoon whereas I can have many cups of coffee at anytime of the day or night and it has none of these effects. Apparently if you have a certain gene coffee doesn't affect you.

@lindisfel that is interesting that they can test to see who is genetically prone to side effects from statins

Reactions: lindisfel