What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Isigny butter, and President brie
I quite like President butter it is what we buy here - not that I eat much. I don't mind brie but now much prefer Époisses and Comte. Le mans Rillettes du porc is/are so moreish. Is it easy to get almond milk and mackerel in olive oil in France in case we ever accept some of the offers to visit?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from quiet and grey skies here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of bavette steaks - 2 minutes either side - rocked in at 4.4 this am

Far too much rain yesterday - Delugeday - a new day name that can be slotted in whenever needed. Girl in the bubble over for her fortnightly sleepover, she will be collected this morning - we are driving south to our child catcher handover RV point to pick up the Ninky Nonks and Little Miss Pamplemouse, then it’s over to the little house on the prairie for a few day. Fun an frolicks all round.

Art bit - another tree, taken from an old print. Have a great day. My koffy is ready.

upload_2021-8-22_6-54-42.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from quiet and grey skies here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of bavette steaks - 2 minutes either side - rocked in at 4.4 this am

Far too much rain yesterday - Delugeday - a new day name that can be slotted in whenever needed. Girl in the bubble over for her fortnightly sleepover, she will be collected this morning - we are driving south to our child catcher handover RV point to pick up the Ninky Nonks and Little Miss Pamplemouse, then it’s over to the little house on the prairie for a few day. Fun an frolicks all round.

Art bit - another tree, taken from an old print. Have a great day. My koffy is ready.

View attachment 50881
A brilliant tree and scenery and someone relaxing on the rocks. And not a drop of rain in sight...
Have fun at the little house on the prairie @dunelm

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Had a strange dream. Cat woke me up by sitting upright like a black Egyptian cat on my upper rib cage. Very powerful those 4 paw pads.
2 teas and two coffees later as well as a meditation (a nap really), and wake up enough I take a photo of the ventilation grid on my boiler cupboard because it is still raining outside. And cat refuses to model for photos...

So the ventilation grid. I am trying everything in Snapseed to do something creative with it, and I am failing miserably. Then I try the double exposure tool, and I reduce the picture within, And I take the same picture again within the double exposure tool.

And create an abstract. This pic will do for today.

Time for more tea and coffee and dare I say it...another nap. Cat concurs.

Take care
>^..^<
0489E18E-B204-4DC8-94FA-D090846FC3F2.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning. Raining at the moment. Probably will keep our dog walking local today.

Yesterday did lots of walking and exercise, coffee drinking, reading, Suduko and Mah Jong and not enough work so hopefully will get cracking with the lesson planning today. Although I still feel that I am in the holiday mode rather than the work mode so am not sure if I really will do much work.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. The skies betoken rain hereabouts but yesterday's promised wetness was derisory. Three week old (tomorrow) grandson coming for lunch but probably not to sample brisket's last chance. Said joint cooking since well before 6, low slow and hopefully finally edible. 5.3 on Swipey - the best a (this) man can get, it seems.:meh: Genuinely all I can do to manage The Dster given the totality of my circumstances just now. There may be better ways to eat for low numbers but there are limits to what I can force myself to eat just to placate a sensor. Wonderful times ahead @dunelm. Creative enough for me @gennepher. Not propitious for a walk and NT sausage roll @Krystyna23040 if N Norfolk is like Forest Heath. Y'all be careful now.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who have time to scratch their head and wonder whether dark matter really matters.

Mrs J update this Sunday morning.
Physically slow moving about, mental progress is fine, nagging and demanding fully recovered, today I shall be taking her for a long walk off a short plank.

The words " Yes dear when I've finished your last demand " seem to annoy her for some reason.

Must go and hide out of earshot.
Stay safe

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who have time to scratch their head and wonder whether dark matter really matters.

Mrs J update this Sunday morning.
Physically slow moving about, mental progress is fine, nagging and demanding fully recovered, today I shall be taking her for a long walk off a short plank.

The words " Yes dear when I've finished your last demand " seem to annoy her for some reason.

Must go and hide out of earshot.
Stay safe
Oh Alfred the Irascible, thou art such a wag. What was the score on that scheming meter? Hugs from us all for Mrs A J - stoicism personified.

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
I was 5.7 again, but 5.5 just before breakfast an hour later, and 5.8 two hours afterwards. All in all I'm happy with the 5's and seeing my DN very soon for the first time since my 80 mile move in July last year. I never had 5's before this LC/HF diet that I'm now six weeks into. Do I mention that to her or just keep quiet I ask myself. Maybe just play it by ear.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was 5.7 again, but 5.5 just before breakfast an hour later, and 5.8 two hours afterwards. All in all I'm happy with the 5's and seeing my DN very soon for the first time since my 80 mile move in July last year. I never had 5's before this LC/HF diet that I'm now six weeks into. Do I mention that to her or just keep quiet I ask myself. Maybe just play it by ear.
Welcome @coby. A quick look at the DN should tell you all you need to know about the likely reception to news of your LC/HF.

Reactions: HurricaneHippo

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome to this thread @coby

Reactions: coby

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
I quite like President butter it is what we buy here - not that I eat much. I don't mind brie but now much prefer Époisses and Comte. Le mans Rillettes du porc is/are so moreish. Is it easy to get almond milk and mackerel in olive oil in France in case we ever accept some of the offers to visit?
Almond milk yes. Not sure about mackerel in olive oil, think most likely will be readily available. There is a huge variety of tinned fish in every large supermarket.
Enjoy comte as well, will have to try the other cheese you mention, when we get back.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes

Welcome to our quiet corner of this useful site, hope you enjoy yourself. Please don't follow my example of nodding sweetly at the DN and ignoring everything said, but my medical problems are such that I don't fit the standard they have been trained to.

@ianpspurs
So under the thumb this morning, I forgot to post my reading this morning on that evil scheming meter of deception and plotting. 5.3.

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
Welcome to our quiet corner of this useful site, hope you enjoy yourself. Please don't follow my example of nodding sweetly at the DN and ignoring everything said, but my medical problems are such that I don't fit the standard they have been trained to.

@ianpspurs
So under the thumb this morning, I forgot to post my reading this morning on that evil scheming meter of deception and plotting. 5.3.
No alf Josiah, I will try to form a good relationship with her, and show interest in what she says, and hope that it will be the start of a good relationship going forward. It's a bit nerve wracking having never met anyone yet from my new practice!

HurricaneHippo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No alf Josiah, I will try to form a good relationship with her, and show interest in what she says, and hope that it will be the start of a good relationship going forward. It's a bit nerve wracking having never met anyone yet from my new practice!

What does DN stand for?