What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.3 today

mostly very quiet here today for a Bank Holiday change, probably because the weather was cooler and cloudy ;) so quiet we could hear our 'sociable' newest neighbours across the road in their garden distantly chatting and laughing with friends.

Mr gee and I spent some time today sorting out stuff' from the big cupboard under the stairs, I think perhaps it 'grows' in the dark whilst we're not looking :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm nice sumi-e style tree, I especially like the foliage :)
What a nice idea to create a photo album for the family :)

@gennepher - a hug for the tinnitus and a winner for your peaceful day ;)
You're right about your Snapseed, it does look like a restful cool forest :)

@alf_Josiah - hugs for the fbg, hope the barbeque is enjoyable :)

art bit - inspired by something seen on the internet (unfortunately I've misplaced the reference :sorry:)

View attachment 50990
Thank you @geefull and the photo album was being constantly passed around. Wonderfully understated yet complex tree from you today. So delicately done.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.6

Was feeling too lazy to get the solar badger 'eye' light, didn't feel like getting out of bed!
So I used the nearest thing to hand. A woollen hat I wear in bed in winter.

I played in Snapseed, and initially I wasn't happy with it, but then I managed to introduce a bit of blue using curves tool. I had initially taken the photo in black&white. I have a soft spot for black&white photos.

So, an abstract!

View attachment 50999
Hat’s off to the abstract

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on another dismal and breezy start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of a deconstructed omelette in the style of half a full English came in at 5.4 this am

A damp and dampening trudge round the park yesterday - waterproofs still doing their jobs and then just sort of mooching about as the rain settled in for the day. Car in for servicing today - Mrs Miggins’ department - I don’t have a car and prefer the luxury of of sitting shotgun in the front, practicing my back seat driver routines and giving a running commentary about things of interest that we have just passed, real or otherwise.

Art bit today - another tree, this one screaming for attention, or so it seems. Have a splendid day if you can. Koffy is now being served.

upload_2021-8-31_8-21-31.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to the end of August which is wet, dreary and very much not to my liking here. 16 gms carbs and an hour to an hour and a half later, my first reading produced a 5.8 on Swipey. Plain and simple fail in terms of bg management. Very standard menu for me, tea and a weak coffee with 30 mls cream until 14.00, flaxseed porridge with fat free Fage, mackerel salad at 18.00, plus supplements. Probably rinse and repeat today. I have the discipline just no love of nor any great trust in LC. That menu is about the extent of what I'd eat given a choice of any LC food, except salmon. Two years ago yesterday I had my T U R B T - much more trustworthy for me. @gennepher amazing transformation once again. @geefull what skill in that artwork. Interesting how others can see beauty in such scenery where I just see death and decay - cheery soul me. Of course I'm blessed the op worked and LC has kept me sub T2 level for 6 years - doesn't mean I wear rose tinted specs.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 today. Yesterday was an excellent admin day. Got loads done and was especially pleased that I did the August bank reconciliation. End of year accounts will soon be ready for the accountant.

Much too much time spent sitting at the computer though and even with two dog walks my step count wasn't that good.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on another dismal and breezy start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of a deconstructed omelette in the style of half a full English came in at 5.4 this am

A damp and dampening trudge round the park yesterday - waterproofs still doing their jobs and then just sort of mooching about as the rain settled in for the day. Car in for servicing today - Mrs Miggins’ department - I don’t have a car and prefer the luxury of of sitting shotgun in the front, practicing my back seat driver routines and giving a running commentary about things of interest that we have just passed, real or otherwise.

Art bit today - another tree, this one screaming for attention, or so it seems. Have a splendid day if you can. Koffy is now being served.

View attachment 51000
Great tree once again @dunelm - still alive so all good for me.. Mooching about - that and sloping about are very redolent of my late father.

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another winner at the cul-de-sac of riotous assembly, these Snapseed works are producing some great pieces of art - have you figured out the tinnitus dog bark? How annoying.
Thanks @dunelm
My tinnitus often takes on the last noise it heard through the processor additionally to whatever noises it is making. But when I put my Processor on, and took it off quickly because of the noisy neighbours, there was no dog barking at that moment. So, whether Tinnitus dog decided to fill the gap, I have no idea...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 51000
An attention seeking tree @dunelm
I hope it finds company with one of your other lone trees.
Nicely done. ...
I like it.

Reactions: jjraak

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all who didn't pay the ferryman, if you did then condolences to your families.

A cheeky little 5.1 this morning.

Now the pop festival fans have departed, it was almost safe to nip into Reading to pick up my new reading glasses, but Reading is now full of mothers taking their children shopping for new school equipment.

Home drinking koffy, ahh wonderful. Best begin my afternoon nap. Night nite all.

lindisfel

Expert
I have false teeth at the top but not at the bottom.

Last night when I was brushing them they jumped out of my hand and landed in our enameled cast iron bath and didn't bounce.
So I went to the dental technicians workshop this pm in Wigton with no success, apparently the still extant pandemic has stopped them doing work for casual customers so I am off to sunny Silloth on thursday am to see a guy who will fix them up again.

Having said sunny, there has not been much sun for a day or two and it is distincly cool.
But it will be a sunny day anyway when my topset are filling my cakehole again.
Hope all ok with you guys?
Atb
D.

Reactions: karen8967

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.0 today

cloudy but dry today, we went out to check out a new pet shop over the firth to see what range of doggy dinners and other things they sell ;)

Not so many people about today in the village but we saw lots arriving for a big funeral whilst we were out, some very posh attendees, first time I've seen what is called a 'falcon' winged Tesla (those doors used to be called 'gull winged' but I guess that wasn't fancy enough), a quick google shows that they start at £90,000+ :rolleyes: bit rich for our blood I'm afraid :hilarious:

I afraid I exclaimed 'that's the first gull winged car I've seen here today' outloud which earned me a glare from the owner who was putting on his black tie whilst someone held his suit jacket :sorry::D

@gennepher - I wouldn't have guessed what the original inspiration was, it's made a pleasing abstract :)

@dunelm - a really dynamic use of perspective in today's tree, very striking, it really has impressive height :)

art bit - either all cloud or quiet skies here at the moment;)

upload_2021-8-31_20-40-28.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Last night when I was brushing them they jumped out of my hand and landed in our enameled cast iron bath and didn't bounce.
So I went to the dental technicians workshop this pm in Wigton with no success, apparently the still extant pandemic has stopped them doing work for casual customers so I am off to sunny Silloth on thursday am to see a guy who will fix them up again.

Having said sunny, there has not been much sun for a day or two and it is distincly cool.
Atb
D.
Oh dear @lindisfel
I hope they get fixed up.
Take care.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.0 today

cloudy but dry today, we went out to check out a new pet shop over the firth to see what range of doggy dinners and other things they sell ;)

Not so many people about today in the village but we saw lots arriving for a big funeral whilst we were out, some very posh attendees, first time I've seen what is called a 'falcon' winged Tesla (those doors used to be called 'gull winged' but I guess that wasn't fancy enough), a quick google shows that they start at £90,000+ :rolleyes: bit rich for our blood I'm afraid :hilarious:

I afraid I exclaimed 'that's the first gull winged car I've seen here today' outloud which earned me a glare from the owner who was putting on his black tie whilst someone held his suit jacket :sorry::D

@gennepher - I wouldn't have guessed what the original inspiration was, it's made a pleasing abstract :)

@dunelm - a really dynamic use of perspective in today's tree, very striking, it really has impressive height :)

View attachment 51008
Oopsie @geefull I think you upset someone ;) with ‘gull winged’. I think they are absolutely ridiculous. And apparently those doors can leak a bit...

Thanks for the painting compliment.

A beautiful peaceful seascape from you. Perfect.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I

Atb
D.
Oops! Hope the guy is Silloth gets the job done or it’s the famous soup diet for you.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.0 today

View attachment 51008
Thank you for your painting complement @geefull. Ah well, you can’t please some folk - perhaps you should have said “gannet winged”. Whatever the weather, your seascapes are always a pleasure to see. Quite calming.