What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,
Got my dentures repaired at Silloth this am, the guy was operating from a converted kitchen room as a repair shop. A professional job I guess its pocket money and he has another source of income. Just charged £25 and did them whilst we spent a hour on the front car park looking at the sea.

There was a continuous flow of Sand Martins and Swallows...oh dear the migrant year will soon be over and Pinkfooted Geese will be coming south over the house from Iceland heading for Lancashire and Norfolk.
D.
Good to know the soup diet is on hold.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all,
Got my dentures repaired at Silloth this am, the guy was operating from a converted kitchen room as a repair shop. A professional job I guess its pocket money and he has another source of income. Just charged £25 and did them whilst we spent a hour on the front car park looking at the sea.

There was a continuous flow of Sand Martins and Swallows...oh dear the migrant year will soon be over and Pinkfooted Geese will be coming south over the house from Iceland heading for Lancashire and Norfolk.
D.

I am glad the gnashers were sorted @lindisfel
t16408.png

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

I had stayed indoors all day yesterday, and I didn't wear my cochlear sound processor all day (for peace from AH neighbour). So when I went out in the garden late afternoon, I realised I could see well above his 7 foot fence, the whole of his driveway behind his high front gates up to where his garage is, by my potting shed, is absolutely packed with mature bamboo and trees and leylandi and tall grasses and much more, a few thousand pounds of plants. Where is he going to put the leylandi? All that, especially the leylandi are going to be blocking light from someone.

I am safe because between me and him is his concrete driveway. So, I can't see anything for me to be concerned about. But yet he cut into my garden months ago, destroying my plants and half my cherry tree and bird nests which were being used, and nothing had been growing over that low breeze block wall. I had made sure of that. Between him and the bungalow the other side of him is soil to plant stuff there, but he put the high fence there also, so my assumption is they are safe from the leylandi. Nothing can overlook him that way. I don't overlook him either. The only houses (2 storey) that do overlook him are the houses down the the road next to my back garden, that back on to his massive long garden.

He already has an acre of forest at the end of his garden, packed with mature trees...which leads on to ancient woodland.

So those people in the 2 storey houses now enjoy a view of the ancient woodlands going down to Badgers Rise (hence all my badgers), and those people can see the river, and they can see the island in the river, and see England. In fact on a very clear day they can actually just make out the mountains, in the Lake District.

Are they getting the leylandi?

My 2nd friend came up with a course of action over the thing that bothered me over AH neighbour. It includes involving the CAB. And that I am doing.

Photograph today is the solar 'eye' globe which I photographed in the darkened hallway and its reflection on the white door. I played with it in Snapseed, in curves, and hey presto!

87D44FC9-D870-445F-AD61-2194E2D194D8.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: mojo37

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
R;
Fbg 6.7

This is what a full trug of red apples looked like when I extracted it from Snapseed....
Now I am about to do my morning War Dance that is supposed to get rid of troublesome neighbours, especially AH neighbour.
With what horrendous noise came from his garden yesterday, I am apprehensively awaiting a battle of neighbours....it's going to happen soon...it has not stopped being daily for months now, even Sundays...
I told a friend and she was shocked the thing what I related to her.
I only put my sound processor on twice later during the day to see if the noise etc had stopped, then I can wear it for a couple hours and listen to the birds...

View attachment 51019
Spooky art - wear as a mask when doing your war dance

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just got back.
The problem/incident I mentioned with AH neighbour in my earlier post but didn't elaborate or specify, I talked over with another friend. 1st friend thinks I should report to police. This 2nd friend is very concerned but says tread very warily in this.
But I have a problem when reporting to police. I am deaf. As soon as I tell the police, it then becomes 'if you're deaf you couldn't have heard this. You misheard.'

Some things I can hear clearly, some things I can't. Simple very short sentences I can often hear unseen, but a conversation is not possible for me to hear unseen with my cochlear hearing processor.

So in that way I can be discredited.

Same with lipreading, even lipreading in conversation face to face (this was before I had the cochlear implant), and police there took what I said with a pinch of salt, even though J came with me to the police station many times. But when the tragedy happened, and the police had egg on their faces, blame was shifted to me for not reporting it. But I did. They badly needed a scapegoat. It was a nightmare time for me. Especially when I found out that I was to have joined the tragedy...I won't ever totally get rid of that nightmare.

Now, this next door with AH neighbour.

I am talking with two different friends over this at the moment. See what we come up with.

I need to meditate...
Record - add date and times - report to council

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A3 sized painting!
Phew, you do like to challenge yourself!
However, I do find a large Chinese painting easier to do than a small one, but I too am out of practice.
Maybe you could find a Chinese poem to go down the side?
Cathy Wu would give us poems to write out with our paintings, but she said if the word was repeated, in my case I recall plum blossom being repeated a few times, and I was arguing I don't know Chinese and I could be altering it to a rude word. But Cathy Wu was insistent. The others in the painting class were all whinging about this exercise, and they were Chinese! So, I thought in for a penny, in for a pound, and I went for it. Mine was the best because I didn't hesitate. It is only copying the characters. But when you have a painting (you have spent time on), attached to where you are also writing the characters, you can get very precious about it.
I don't know if this is any help, or I am just talking nonsense...

I like your landscape very much.
The tree looks a lot lighter with just a few Ax Cut strokes @dunelm
Thank you @gennepher - I have the four characters for the word ‘marriage’ from my Cathy Wu book and then the 2 characters for each first name so I think that eight characters will be enough. I intend to draw a grid and place under the paper to keep me straight.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.6

I had stayed indoors all day yesterday, and I didn't wear my cochlear sound processor all day (for peace from AH neighbour). So when I went out in the garden late afternoon, I realised I could see well above his 7 foot fence, the whole of his driveway behind his high front gates up to where his garage is, by my potting shed, is absolutely packed with mature bamboo and trees and leylandi and tall grasses and much more, a few thousand pounds of plants. Where is he going to put the leylandi? All that, especially the leylandi are going to be blocking light from someone.

I am safe because between me and him is his concrete driveway. So, I can't see anything for me to be concerned about. But yet he cut into my garden months ago, destroying my plants and half my cherry tree and bird nests which were being used, and nothing had been growing over that low breeze block wall. I had made sure of that. Between him and the bungalow the other side of him is soil to plant stuff there, but he put the high fence there also, so my assumption is they are safe from the leylandi. Nothing can overlook him that way. I don't overlook him either. The only houses (2 storey) that do overlook him are the houses down the the road next to my back garden, that back on to his massive long garden.

He already has an acre of forest at the end of his garden, packed with mature trees...which leads on to ancient woodland.

So those people in the 2 storey houses now enjoy a view of the ancient woodlands going down to Badgers Rise (hence all my badgers), and those people can see the river, and they can see the island in the river, and see England. In fact on a very clear day they can actually just make out the mountains, in the Lake District.

Are they getting the leylandi?

My 2nd friend came up with a course of action over the thing that bothered me over AH neighbour. It includes involving the CAB. And that I am doing.

Photograph today is the solar 'eye' globe which I photographed in the darkened hallway and its reflection on the white door. I played with it in Snapseed, in curves, and hey presto!

View attachment 51023
Smashing snapseed art - I hope that the CAB can help - leylandi - that will soon get out of hand unless it is cut back into a hedge every year.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a promised precipitationless yet gloomy day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of far too much to eat last night came in at 5.9 to slap my leg (got to love a free slapped leg).

Heating - Mrs Miggins switched it on last night - and it still works after all that dormancy throughout the year. I expect that the log burner will be next, followed by the coal fire in the front room (parlour). We had the babblingly interesting girl in the bubble yesterday and now, in her 22nd month, is starting to produce some startlingly interesting facts to point out to us ignorant adults - fabulous (make sure you look startled). Mother called yesterday, she is driving dad up to La Rochelle for a weekend break in a car that is shared with my sister (I hope she doesn’t break it). Dad want’s to shop for winter pyjamas, as you do when visiting La Rochelle at this time of year.

Art bit - another tree practicing Ax Cut for bark texture. Hope everyone has a great Friday, we are going to play at putting up a tent. Firstly though, koffy.

upload_2021-9-3_7-49-48.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
R;

Spooky art - wear as a mask when doing your war dance
Good idea @dunelm !!!

Record - add date and times - report to council
Thanks sounds a sensible idea

Thank you @gennepher - I have the four characters for the word ‘marriage’ from my Cathy Wu book and then the 2 characters for each first name so I think that eight characters will be enough. I intend to draw a grid and place under the paper to keep me straight.

You have a good plan.
It is going to be brilliant.

Smashing snapseed art - I hope that the CAB can help - leylandi - that will soon get out of hand unless it is cut back into a hedge every year.

Thanks for the Snapseed compliment. I enjoy doing these.

I suppose I shall find out his intentions with the leylandi when he plants them. I am guessing he is keeping his privacy with that leylandi, but it is going to be tears for someone I think.
My cousin, some 30 years ago, planted a row of leylandi at the back of his neighbours gardens when they objected to planning permission on his farm, thus destroying their view of the pleasant countryside...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a promised precipitationless yet gloomy day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of far too much to eat last night came in at 5.9 to slap my leg (got to love a free slapped leg).

Heating - Mrs Miggins switched it on last night - and it still works after all that dormancy throughout the year. I expect that the log burner will be next, followed by the coal fire in the front room (parlour). We had the babblingly interesting girl in the bubble yesterday and now, in her 22nd month, is starting to produce some startlingly interesting facts to point out to us ignorant adults - fabulous (make sure you look startled). Mother called yesterday, she is driving dad up to La Rochelle for a weekend break in a car that is shared with my sister (I hope she doesn’t break it). Dad want’s to shop for winter pyjamas, as you do when visiting La Rochelle at this time of year.

Art bit - another tree practicing Ax Cut for bark texture. Hope everyone has a great Friday, we are going to play at putting up a tent. Firstly though, koffy.

View attachment 51024
You are right, it is so gloomy at the moment. So dark. Making the days look short at both ends @dunelm

You tree and landscape are brilliant.
I do enjoy them each morning.
An uplift to the day.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Many thanks for the good wishes for MIL who is still in hospital, as far as we know still on oxygen in AAU but fighting and planning her Wales trip. Weather here dull but we are promised 4 to 5 days of summer next week by the regional weather gel. My fbg could well be the 6.9 Swipey claimed but statistically highly unlikely based on 6 years of data. Certainly not from 12 gms carb or 73 kgs unless those two theories are manure - couldn't possibly be, obs:angelic:. Worst course of action would be to panic, fast and precipitate something worse than the current ailment in my opinion. Extra childcare today, hand foot and mouth and chicken pox riddled nursery. Enjoy your day if at all possible but above all be honest about things.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Many thanks for the good wishes for MIL who is still in hospital, as far as we know still on oxygen in AAU but fighting and planning her Wales trip. Weather here dull but we are promised 4 to 5 days of summer next week by the regional weather gel. My fbg could well be the 6.9 Swipey claimed but statistically highly unlikely based on 6 years of data. Certainly not from 12 gms carb or 73 kgs unless those two theories are manure - couldn't possibly obs. Worst course of action would be to panic, fast and precipitate something worse than the current ailment in my opinion. Extra childcare today, hand foot and mouth and chicken pox riddled nursery. Enjoy your day if at all possible but above all be honest about things.
Good news that MIL is still fighting and planning her Wales trip but really stressful for all of you. I am not surprised that your fbs is so high this morning.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,

D.
That's really good news. I think that you were lucky to get them repaired so quickly.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent taste Mr K just look at his taste in gels. These are all good, we have (most of) the ingredients* but precise quantities are difficult to calculate. I can deal with Waitrose 1 darkest choc and some imported Keto choc from Dr Almond (loved their Advent calendar) but they are more keto than protein or fibre dominant. Maybe compromise for the greater good? Oh, just seen the new bars from the Fatt guys - is it light at the end of this tunnel or the 8.15 express? Enjoy your return to work.
*citrus powder??
These look interesting. Thank you for the link.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good news that MIL is still fighting and planning her Wales trip but really stressful for all of you. I am not surprised that your fbs is so high this morning.
Thanks @Krystyna23040. There is also another big family issue playing out but I have never really noticed much impact on my bg levels from "externals." Always a first time though. Salmon day today. Won't solve a darn thing but will taste mighty fine with the crispy skin and a big salad. I ordered cookies and caramel bars from Fatt yesterday. No point wearing sackcloth and ashes just to be a purist.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Yesterday was a really busy first day back at work. In spite of all my good intentions my diary is absolutely choc a block for the next few weeks. I definitely need to try harder to get my work life balance right.

Even though it was such a busy day yesterday - I do feel energised and happy today. I think that is the problem. I love what I am doing but it does spiral out of control.

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Krystyna23040. There is also another big family issue playing out but I have never really noticed much impact on my bg levels from "externals." Always a first time though. Salmon day today. Won't solve a darn thing but will taste mighty fine with the crispy skin and a big salad. I ordered cookies and caramel bars from Fatt yesterday. No point wearing sackcloth and ashes just to be a purist.
Yes, there is always a first time. The cookies and caramel bars from Fatt look absolutely delicious. definitely no point wearing sackcloth and ashes just to be a purist.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Many thanks for the good wishes for MIL who is still in hospital, as far as we know still on oxygen in AAU but fighting and planning her Wales trip. Weather here dull but we are promised 4 to 5 days of summer next week by the regional weather gel. My fbg could well be the 6.9 Swipey claimed but statistically highly unlikely based on 6 years of data. Certainly not from 12 gms carb or 73 kgs unless those two theories are manure - couldn't possibly obs. Worst course of action would be to panic, fast and precipitate something worse than the current ailment in my opinion. Extra childcare today, hand foot and mouth and chicken pox riddled nursery. Enjoy your day if at all possible but above all be honest about things.
Hugs all round but good to read that MIL is still planning that Wales trip - keeps her mind sharp I expect. Bit of an outlier on Swipey the disc of lies and japes. Enjoy the child care.