What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

Bloods this morning were 4.5, drat, blast etc

Now on another thread on this site that I populate " weekly weigh in " here's what Me and me's writted, there was a bit of discussion about reporting in using kilograms..........

## Good Morening fellow scale crushers.
14st 2lb this morning.

Now I am old, very hairy and according to the current Mrs J ( of 43 years ) very grumpy, running around in my unreal reality I have 6 personalities, as written about on the other thread I use on this site.
Please, please don't make things anymore complicated, by insisting that me and me's switch over to SI units, ie kilograms. My grip on this reality is tenuous on a good day, kilograms would probably be the final straw.

Anyway, have a great week stay safe. ##

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. Many thanks for the good wishes for MIL who is still in hospital, as far as we know still on oxygen in AAU but fighting and planning her Wales trip. Weather here dull but we are promised 4 to 5 days of summer next week by the regional weather gel. My fbg could well be the 6.9 Swipey claimed but statistically highly unlikely based on 6 years of data. Certainly not from 12 gms carb or 73 kgs unless those two theories are manure - couldn't possibly be, obs:angelic:. Worst course of action would be to panic, fast and precipitate something worse than the current ailment in my opinion. Extra childcare today, hand foot and mouth and chicken pox riddled nursery. Enjoy your day if at all possible but above all be honest about things.
Glad MIL is fighting @ianpspurs
Hugs for you all

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 this morning. Yesterday was a really busy first day back at work. In spite of all my good intentions my diary is absolutely choc a block for the next few weeks. I definitely need to try harder to get my work life balance right.

Even though it was such a busy day yesterday - I do feel energised and happy today. I think that is the problem. I love what I am doing but it does spiral out of control.
If you enjoy what you do then it does energise you @Krystyna23040
It did me.
But on the flip side, it can lead to burn out if you don't keep a watchful eye on it. It didn't with me because I learnt from watching someone else who thought she was invincible because of her energy she got from it.. But it can catch up with you oneday.
Going with the flow is absolutely amazing, which is what you are doing, but take care.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Now on another thread on this site that I populate " weekly weigh in " here's what Me and me's writted, there was a bit of discussion about reporting in using kilograms..........

14st 2lb this morning.

Now I am old, very hairy and according to the current Mrs J ( of 43 years ) very grumpy, running around in my unreal reality I have 6 personalities, as written about on the other thread I use on this site.
Please, please don't make things anymore complicated, by insisting that me and me's switch over to SI units, ie kilograms. My grip on this reality is tenuous on a good day, kilograms would probably be the final straw.

Feet and inches rule with me as well @alf_Josiah

Now, if only I could get back down to the 8 stones 7 lbs I used to be 40 years ago...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Feet and inches rule with me as well @alf_Josiah

Now, if only I could get back down to the 8 stones 7 lbs I used to be 40 years ago...
Is there any need to be 8 S 7 Lbs anymore? @alf_Josiah, my 73 kgs is 11 S 7Lbs - this tool helps convert (oddly, my bmi is lower in cms and kgs but cms are more precise for my height) and the same as I weighed 50 years ago. No idea if maintaining weight at that level is at all "healthy" but it is easy with Elsie as the food is largely execrable.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

14st 2lb this morning.

I blame that Planck constant - nothing can be that constant, surely. I certainly can’t move in metres per second as my stones, pounds and ounces would fall about laughing. I tried the United States Prototype kilogram once but think that it only works in places like Philadelphia. Troy weight works, but only if you are as good as gold.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs all round but good to read that MIL is still planning that Wales trip - keeps her mind sharp I expect. Bit of an outlier on Swipey the disc of lies and japes. Enjoy the child care.
This virus seems to be preying on the weakest of the Ps and associates. 91 yo MIL in hospital in West Suffolk. Month old today grandson now being checked over in Cambridge with something very similar. * Proving a pig for me to shake off as well so Swipey could be telling it as it is. Elsie has been caught with her scanties down. Well tested MIL doesn't have COVID - until she catches it in hospital - or the roof falls in on her. Would it be very wrong to wish for less interesting times?
*Both in hospital needing oxygen:bigtears:

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Life can be funny. The day after I broke my top set my android phone couldn't load Google on powering so I tried to bring it up in safe mode, however I gave it a hard reset accidentally instead!
Serve me right for saying my eye surgeon was ham fisted! :)
You would think it all would now come up with plenty of space and would be ok?

Not at all,
it came up with some of the preloaded apps like play store missing. I spent hours trying to work round it and one can't as I see it, so my phone is junk now. But a new one is long over due so I have had to treat myself. :)
I think that at least three things went wrong last week!
Life is such fun when you use smart phones. To think I once thought the BBC micro was a peak in technology!
D.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you enjoy what you do then it does energise you @Krystyna23040
It did me.
But on the flip side, it can lead to burn out if you don't keep a watchful eye on it. It didn't with me because I learnt from watching someone else who thought she was invincible because of her energy she got from it.. But it can catch up with you oneday.
Going with the flow is absolutely amazing, which is what you are doing, but take care.
Thank you @gennepher. Yes, you are right, I must take care as it could very easily catch up with me. I am definitely not invincible.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This virus seems to be preying on the weakest of the Ps and associates. 91 yo MIL in hospital in West Suffolk. Month old today grandson now being checked over in Cambridge with something very similar. * Proving a pig for me to shake off as well so Swipey could be telling it as it is. Elsie has been caught with her scanties down. Well tested MIL doesn't have COVID - until she catches it in hospital - or the roof falls in on her. Would it be very wrong to wish for less interesting times?
*Both in hospital needing oxygen:bigtears:
Even though not Covid it is a horrible virus. I do hope they are both a lot better very soon.
It does sound as though it is causing your higher numbers also.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Life can be funny. The day after I broke my top set my android phone couldn't load Google on powering so I tried to bring it up in safe mode, however I gave it a hard reset accidentally instead!

Not at all,
it came up with some of the preloaded apps like play store missing. I spent hours trying to work round it and one can't as I see it, so my phone is junk now. But a new one is long over due so I have had to treat myself. :)
Life is such fun when you use smart phones. To think I once thought the BBC micro was a peak in technology!
D.
Oh dear, is everything backed up - or in need of backing up? Good hunting for a replacement.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the mostly cloudy centre here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of German treats and sauces came in at 5.6 this am

Tent putting up practice yesterday at brother in laws - we have borrowed their camping gear for a weekend away next week. I did camp out a bit when I was in the military, so did Mrs Miggins, so we know what to do - mainly dig a hole and get wet. It’s our annual cousins get together (postponed last year) . Previous to that it was hire a big building, self cater, black tie for Saturday night - this time it’s tents, trailer tents and for the posh folk, campers and, like Ronnie Corbett in the Frost Report Class Sketch, “I know my place.”
Still, should be great fun. We have electric hook ups, duvets, camp cots and heaters, exclusive use of the site, a marquee and phrases like “Saturday hog roast” and “there is a bar” were mentioned by the organisers (one of my cousins and her husband). It’s also one of our Aunts birthdays and they have a camper so will be joining us.

Anther tree scene - done quite quickly and without any notion of a plan, just see what emerges. Have a safe and pleasant Saturday, time for some koffy.

upload_2021-9-4_7-4-59.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Another hectic day today. Dog walk first - that's if 15 year old Archie isn't too tired after chasing Poppy round and round the house this morning. He is fast asleep at the moment.

Off to Norwich at 9am for classes then back home to do a Zoom class and finally finish at 6pm. I shall then relax on the sofa. We will probably watch the Yorkshire Vet which as we still have a few more episodes to watch.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Not at all,
D.
Oh dear @lindisfel
Hugs for the 'fun' with the old phone.

t8821.gif

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from the mostly cloudy centre here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of German treats and sauces came in at 5.6 this am

Tent putting up practice yesterday at brother in laws - we have borrowed their camping gear for a weekend away next week. I did camp out a bit when I was in the military, so did Mrs Miggins, so we know what to do - mainly dig a hole and get wet. It’s our annual cousins get together (postponed last year) . Previous to that it was hire a big building, self cater, black tie for Saturday night - this time it’s tents, trailer tents and for the posh folk, campers and, like Ronnie Corbett in the Frost Report Class Sketch, “I know my place.”
Still, should be great fun. We have electric hook ups, duvets, camp cots and heaters, exclusive use of the site, a marquee and phrases like “Saturday hog roast” and “there is a bar” were mentioned by the organisers (one of my cousins and her husband). It’s also one of our Aunts birthdays and they have a camper so will be joining us.

Anther tree scene - done quite quickly and without any notion of a plan, just see what emerges. Have a safe and pleasant Saturday, time for some koffy.

View attachment 51028
Sounds as though it is going to be a great weekend away @dunelm

Sometimes no plans are best. See what unfolds...
I like this free flow painting. Brilliant!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 6.2 was the best Swipey could offer but since I'm not in hospital on oxygen that seems like a bonus. This virus has been circulating since July. Our sons are big and strong but they can't shake it easily either. One had chest x-rays and all sorts of tests but "nothing more" than a virus. Enjoy the camping and family get together @dunelm . Am I right that a memory of a relative and a good cause are involved? @Krystyna23040 build in time to relax, you can't pour from an empty cup. Byee.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

Sleepless night.
My tinnitus took a bad turn, and kept me wide awake.
I seem to be getting a few firsts with my tinnitus at the moment.
It was a cacophony of monks voices (no music), chanting in Latin (?). And different sections of the Tinnitus Choir singing low, then another section with rising voices. A few minutes is fine, but not 8 full hours nonstop. The Tinnitus Monk Choir stopped singing when it got light. And my tinnitus decided to scream full blast from my left ear resounding round my head...
Cat is exhausted as well, because he was trying everything he could to help me, because he could tell I was distressed.

I am going out in the garden in a minute, and I hope that AH neighbour doesn't arrive early and starts his industrial sounding machinery...

Kaleidoscope today. This was from a painting I did a few years ago. I made some alcohol inks with food colouring and isopropyl alcohol. It was very successful and fun to do, but nearly 3 years later I have a whole pile of paintings stacked between blotting paper in the garage because they never dried. You can pick the paintings up today and your hand is covered in that indelible food colouring...

Sigh...

But they are useful for taking photographs of and then playing with them digitally, or making kaleidoscopes as I have done today...
2836DBF8-6A2E-4C0A-B612-6A14384B1DB0.jpeg

023CAE74-4F2D-4635-BD94-E347EA7405A5.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 6.2 was the best Swipey could offer but since I'm not in hospital on oxygen that seems like a bonus. This virus has been circulating since July. Our sons are big and strong but they can't shake it easily either. One had chest x-rays and all sorts of tests but "nothing more" than a virus. Enjoy the camping and family get together. Am I right that a memory of a relative and a good cause are involved? @Krystyna23040 build in time to relax, you can't pour water for others from an empty glass. Byee.
Ah, the memory of a relative and fund raising for Cystic Fibrosis is our family weekend - takes place in May. This is just a bunch of cousins trying to catch up with family gossip. Unfortunately the ones from the EU won’t be coming this year and together with the ones that were transported will be zoom calling I think.

Reactions: mojo37