What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We had a long consultation with the vet. Looked at the xrays together. She does not recommend an operation because it might actually make things worse for him. So we are back to antibiotics, he had a jab today and we start on pills again tomorrow evening. He will need drops in his ears as well for the infection there. To me it seems as if he was suffering more pain from the prosaic ear infection than from the now healed over wounds the pellets made. Poor Errant He will never get his voice back.
On the other side of the coin, MrSlim has stopped saying he doesnt like the cat.
Tonight he was cooking Pot au feu, Errant is round his ankles begging in his silly little whisper. (Poor starving animal has already had four meals today.)
MrSlim says to him, "Just wait, I'll give you some in a minute", and he did. I dont suppose this indulgent mood will last for long, but Errant had a bit of beef, every time the stew was tasted.
Hugs for Errant. I love Pot au feu. My brother has a little place in the kitchen chimney that you put coals under just for Pot au feu.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon everyone, a bit late today but other things have gotten in the way.
No idea what my bs reading was this morning so I will guess at anything between 4.5 and 6.5 plus or minus gravity at sea level but not counting the pull of the moon or the mass of Mercury.
Anyhow, must look up all these fermented cabbage recipes. Is it still Friday? Can I still have koffy in the afternoon? Oh! A gothic ink splotching of a place just down the coast.

upload_2021-10-22_13-1-28.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good afternoon everyone, a bit late today but other things have gotten in the way.
No idea what my bs reading was this morning so I will guess at anything between 4.5 and 6.5 plus or minus gravity at sea level but not counting the pull of the moon or the mass of Mercury.
Anyhow, must look up all these fermented cabbage recipes. Is it still Friday? Can I still have koffy in the afternoon? Oh! A gothic ink splotching of a place just down the coast.

View attachment 51712
This painting is wonderful @dunelm
I espy something that looks like Whitby Abbey...
That is brilliant!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
. Is it still Friday? Can I still have koffy in the afternoon?
Yes and yes but be socially responsible. Maybe use a mask with sealed aperture for a straw or just be like JRM and spray manure, progeny and disinformation everywhere - especially Balmoral. Spiffing art my man.

Reactions: gennepher

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not my day today. My cochlear sound processor is not working, or my cochlear implant in my head has failed/has problems. No way of testing at home. Emailed and texted hospital, but it's Friday so no reply yet...

I am not having another op if it has gone wrong.

So might this be hello hearing, goodbye hearing, it was nice knowing you while it lasted...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes and yes but be socially responsible. Maybe use a mask with sealed aperture for a straw or just be like JRM and spray manure, progeny and disinformation everywhere - especially Balmoral. Spiffing art my man.
Thank’s @ianpspurs. I used to spread progeny, especially that Firestarter number

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not my day today. My cochlear sound processor is not working, or my cochlear implant in my head has failed/has problems. No way of testing at home. Emailed and texted hospital, but it's Friday so no reply yet...

I am not having another op if it has gone wrong.

So might this be hello hearing, goodbye hearing, it was nice knowing you while it lasted...
Hope they get back to you today but with these sort of things it could well be Monday.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
these sort of things
POETS/ golf course day. That was the experience of my mum's time in hospital. Anyone capable of taking a decision missing until midday Monday. Really hope things are different for you Genn and one would hope COVID has changed all that.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope they get back to you today but with these sort of things it could well be Monday.
Thanks @dunelm
Most probably.

You would think with no ears I wouldn't 'hear'/'know' about the noises AH neighbour makes. He has just dropped a heavy (concrete?) something in his concrete driveway. I felt the vibration come up through the couch and hit my legs. My body is adjusting very quickly back to no sound, and reintroducing all the environmental cues I have had all my life...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a very early start here in the dark and dangerous north - why 0430, just why? What’s so important about 0430?
Wonder wheel of surprised wakening decided upon an upward trend frozen at 4.8 at the time of taking - chocolate orange chia pud, thank you.
Funny old day - Mrs Miggins bought a car. She sold her’s early in the week having been offered quite a bit more for it than she paid for it a year ago. So, SIL, who knows about all this sort of stuff, found half a dozen contenders and then at lunchtime he emailed over one just down the road which he considered to be an excellent buy. Mrs Miggins on the case, appointment made, out for a drive in it, job done after dragging the salesman round the car and making him write everything down that needed fixing on it’s out inspection including taking photos - poor guy, the car had only come into the garage yesterday as a two year old part exchange. So, Kia Sportage it is.
Regimental reunion 2019 actually happening tonight. This event organised by Mrs Miggins so we will be over at the venue by 5pm probably just to make sure everything is in place. I have been ‘advised’ to get a haircut and beard trim.

Art bit - something that I started a while back from a photo that my sister took somewhere in France. Have a wonderful day if you can, I am already on koffy number two.

upload_2021-10-23_6-0-55.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a very early start here in the dark and dangerous north - why 0430, just why? What’s so important about 0430?
Wonder wheel of surprised wakening decided upon an upward trend frozen at 4.8 at the time of taking - chocolate orange chia pud, thank you.
Funny old day - Mrs Miggins bought a car. She sold her’s early in the week having been offered quite a bit more for it than she paid for it a year ago. So, SIL, who knows about all this sort of stuff, found half a dozen contenders and then at lunchtime he emailed over one just down the road which he considered to be an excellent buy. Mrs Miggins on the case, appointment made, out for a drive in it, job done after dragging the salesman round the car and making him write everything down that needed fixing on it’s out inspection including taking photos - poor guy, the car had only come into the garage yesterday as a two year old part exchange. So, Kia Sportage it is.
Regimental reunion 2019 actually happening tonight. This event organised by Mrs Miggins so we will be over at the venue by 5pm probably just to make sure everything is in place. I have been ‘advised’ to get a haircut and beard trim.

Art bit - something that I started a while back from a photo that my sister took somewhere in France. Have a wonderful day if you can, I am already on koffy number two.

View attachment 51722
Mrs Miggins did a good job with selling her car for more than she bought it for. I have only ever managed to do it on one car in all my years, it had become a cult car in the few years I had it.

You should look good after your beard and haircut trim. But then I am sure you look goos anyway...

Very powerful majestic gorge @dunelm
Like it.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Cat Popeye has died in my arms at home. I am upset, but he had a long healthy life. It was just since Covid began when there were difficulties accessing a vet for a feral cat attack that he began to go downhill, although he made many comebacks.

Here is a celebration of his life.

747DBE31-E12A-48A2-9815-403310EBB563.jpeg

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fbg 6.5

Cat Popeye has died in my arms at home. I am upset, but he had a long healthy life. It was just since Covid began when there were difficulties accessing a vet for a feral cat attack that he began to go downhill, although he made many comebacks.

View attachment 51723
So sorry to hear this gennepher sending love and hugs xx

lindisfel

Expert
Fbg 6.5

View attachment 51723
Sorry to hear that genepher, he must have had one of the best lives a cat can have, and given you untold pleasure but you can't help being sad at his passing.
God bless you.
Derek

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

View attachment 51723
So sorry to read that @gennepher Anyone following this thread knows how much you love(d) Popeye and just how caring and considerate towards him you were. @lindisfel hit the nail on the head.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Grandson had a school geography trip to the Yorkshire Esk yesterday. He is not very forthcoming of late but when they come to stay for a few days on Sunday we may find out.
Fish and chips at Whitby would be real high point for me and I doubt they will get that benefit. I can't see the pleasure the class will get in getting wet at this time of year and having a change of clothes ready!
D.