What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher that does sound as though it is the best way forward.
Yes @Krystyna23040

If I explained all the ins and outs of it so you can understand better why this is the case, this would be a very long post.

But I did do that to a hearing friend. And she told me to keep a copy of what I had emailed/sent to her so that when I/we implantees are allowed to meet again then we can compare notes what happened during lockdown and Covid.

Us implantees for this wider area of North Wales used to meet to compare notes and stuff and for a gossip, but it was an informal arrangement between us (we met in a pub once a month, and had outings and lunches) and nothing to do with the hospital. Yet the hospital told us we were not allowed to continue to meet even when lockdowns were lifted. And are still telling us right now that we are not allowed to meet each other. In this time some of our group have died (cancer), a couple have disappeared off the face of the earth, and I only have the contact number of one now. I texted her recently and said let's have a coffee, but she was sticking to what the hospital said, and not meeting.

We implantees have all been meeting for well more than a decade now. And now it seems the group has been wiped out.

I feel so isolated in this. And this is probably one reason why I talk about it on here.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes @Krystyna23040

If I explained all the ins and outs of it so you can understand better why this is the case, this would be a very long post.

But I did do that to a hearing friend. And she told me to keep a copy of what I had emailed/sent to her so that when I/we implantees are allowed to meet again then we can compare notes what happened during lockdown and Covid.

Us implantees for this wider area of North Wales used to meet to compare notes and stuff and for a gossip, but it was an informal arrangement between us (we met in a pub once a month, and had outings and lunches) and nothing to do with the hospital. Yet the hospital told us we were not allowed to continue to meet even when lockdowns were lifted. And are still telling us right now that we are not allowed to meet each other. In this time some of our group have died (cancer), a couple have disappeared off the face of the earth, and I only have the contact number of one now. I texted her recently and said let's have a coffee, but she was sticking to what the hospital said, and not meeting.

We implantees have all been meeting for well more than a decade now. And now it seems the group has been wiped out.

I feel so isolated in this. And this is probably one reason why I talk about it on here.
So what’s the reasoning behind this? Are you more vulnerable to Covid if you are an implantee? Looks a bit dodgy on the surface.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a nice quiet start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of not much going on in the eating department after 5pm came in at 5.2 this am

A day of two halves yesterday. I only managed in London over the weekend with the aid of a walking stick. So, Sunday at the Cenotaph became too much of a task. We tried instead to have a wander round Covent Garden but that also proved a bit too much. So, it was mainly sitting in a couple of pubs waiting for the train and then home. Never mind, the Festival of Remembrance at Alberts Hall was well worth it and Mrs Miggins had booked a nice little box just for the four of us that were on the trip. Saw a few friends, made a few more. Job’s a good ‘un. Have to wait until 8am not so that I get in touch with our GP surgery and book an appointment.

Art today - some splashes and splodges, have a great day. Now where is that cafetière.

upload_2021-11-15_7-21-31.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So what’s the reasoning behind this? Are you more vulnerable to Covid if you are an implantee? Looks a bit dodgy on the surface.
I don't know the reasoning behind this @dunelm
The hospital simply say that we are not allowed to meet, and we are reminded by email/letter from time to time, and I had a very recent reminder. I have asked the hospital specifically why, but was just told again that we are not allowed to meet at this time, but never given a specific reason why.
I have never received any information to say that we are more vulnerable to Covid if we are an implantee.

Yesterday when I was Skyping my daughter in Australia, she was absolutely horrified when I told her. They can't stop you meeting, she said and a whole lot more. Meet the one you do have a contact number for she said. I told her I tried but she was sticking with the hospital instructions.

Your last sentence...
My mind has been going a place, but I was trying not to think it. But just prior to the first Covid lockdowns, there were two implantees I knew personally from our group, that over a period of time their implants had failed, leading to devastating consequences for the individuals.

Okay, I need to go further with this. Thank you for those words. They are spurring me into action, I was probably trying to avoid. I need to find a man who can get me facts and figures for this. And any other information. I haven't communicated with him in a few years. He is in another country...

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes @Krystyna23040

That is such a shame @gennepher. The hospital banning your informal get togethers even though lockdown has ended makes absolutely no sense whatsoever especially as the group were so supportive of each other.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a nice quiet start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of not much going on in the eating department after 5pm came in at 5.2 this am

A day of two halves yesterday. I only managed in London over the weekend with the aid of a walking stick. So, Sunday at the Cenotaph became too much of a task. We tried instead to have a wander round Covent Garden but that also proved a bit too much. So, it was mainly sitting in a couple of pubs waiting for the train and then home. Never mind, the Festival of Remembrance at Alberts Hall was well worth it and Mrs Miggins had booked a nice little box just for the four of us that were on the trip. Saw a few friends, made a few more. Job’s a good ‘un. Have to wait until 8am not so that I get in touch with our GP surgery and book an appointment.

Art today - some splashes and splodges, have a great day. Now where is that cafetière.

View attachment 52071
Hugs for your walking problems @dunelm
But it looks like you still had a successful trip.

I like your art. I look forward to it every day.
Enjoy your coffee.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 52071
It sounds like you had a wonderful trip to London @dunelm .

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Creative today...
From a photo my friend sent me of the corridors of her hotel with a medieval man in armour...

Yay, the man I was searching for is still in the same profession, and still about. I have messaged him....
Hopefully, I might find some answers with him...

Edit: I had a job finding Popeyes's face in here, but just found it, so I have re done that and re posting my sketch...

DA48E0C9-235F-45AA-9A27-88BDC5A873C6.jpeg

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Drat, overslept again, schedule shot to pieces…..
Blood sugars 5.0 this morning.

@gennepher I am not happy about your hospital banning your social meet ups. Later this afternoon I shall send you a pm, but the only excuse I can think of is they don’t want you sharing information. A sign of weakness.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Drat, overslept again, schedule shot to pieces…..
Blood sugars 5.0 this morning.

@gennepher I am not happy about your hospital banning your social meet ups. Later this afternoon I shall send you a pm, but the only excuse I can think of is they don’t want you sharing information. A sign of weakness.
Thanks @alf_Josiah
I will look out for it.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings all - almost midday here in very sunny Pafos. No known fbg for me. @gennepher hug for the odd banning of social meetings but if all it takes is perseverance you have that in spades. Best wishes for your investigations and thank you for the creative. @dunelm thank you for the creative, hug for the need to walk with a stick and winner for the stoicism hidden in that post. I hope the Drs can provide help. @Krystyna23040 great fbg and take it as easy as someone as full of concern for others can ever manage. Take care, I'm off to a waiting JKP and sunbed, brave soul that I am.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Greetings all - almost midday here in very sunny Pafos. No known fbg for me. @gennepher hug for the odd banning of social meetings but if all it takes is perseverance you have that in spades. Best wishes for your investigations and thank you for the creative. @dunelm thank you for the creative, hug for the need to walk with a stick and winner for the stoicism hidden in that post. I hope the Drs can provide help. @Krystyna23040 great fbg and take it as easy as someone as full of concern for others can ever manage. Take care, I'm off to a waiting JKP and sunbed, brave soul that I am.
Thanks @ianpspurs
Enjoy yourself
t119001.gif
t119002.gif
t119003.gif