What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings all - almost midday here in very sunny Pafos. No known fbg for me. @gennepher hug for the odd banning of social meetings but if all it takes is perseverance you have that in spades. Best wishes for your investigations and thank you for the creative. @dunelm thank you for the creative, hug for the need to walk with a stick and winner for the stoicism hidden in that post. I hope the Drs can provide help. @Krystyna23040 great fbg and take it as easy as someone as full of concern for others can ever manage. Take care, I'm off to a waiting JKP and sunbed, brave soul that I am.
@ianpspurs i am at the moment relaxing with a coffee in the re-vamped pub across the road from where I teach. The meal was lovely also. Now it has re-opened I am going to make sure that I have some downtime during the day to relax and recuperate while in Norwich.

So pleased that you are having a lovely holiday.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Thanks @alf_Josiah
I will look out for it.

Thanks for your detailed reply, sounds if you will excuse the pun, like an incompetent trying to hide. If there is a national forum, perhaps publishing on there might help others and also help you move away from your hospital.
I had similar problem at one time with my referring hospital and by writing to the nursing manager ( not a nurse ) got changes made, but I did have the help of my transplanting hospital.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for your detailed reply, sounds if you will excuse the pun, like an incompetent trying to hide. If there is a national forum, perhaps publishing on there might help others and also help you move away from your hospital.
I had similar problem at one time with my referring hospital and by writing to the nursing manager ( not a nurse ) got changes made, but I did have the help of my transplanting hospital.
I agree, an incompetent trying to hide...
My overseas friend can help me with that one.
He runs a lot of forums all over, even UK based ones...
Changes need to happen...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.30 uk but +2 hrs here so I'm off to the gym then shower and breakfast poolside. It would be rude to keep refusing to taste their champagne for them - one shouldn't offend one's hosts so openly. Since the previous twice we have been here my fbg has always been in the mid 5s i'mma going with 5.mid. Y'all wouldn't like it here it is sunny, all sorts of helpful people wait on you hand and foot and definitely not run by a clown. I'm taking one for the team - no thanks required.:angelic:

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Creative today...
From a photo my friend sent me of the corridors of her hotel with a medieval man in armour...

Yay, the man I was searching for is still in the same profession, and still about. I have messaged him....
Hopefully, I might find some answers with him...

Edit: I had a job finding Popeyes's face in here, but just found it, so I have re done that and re posting my sketch...

View attachment 52075
Smashing

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.30 uk but +2 hrs here so I'm off to the gym then shower and breakfast poolside. It would be rude to keep refusing to taste their champagne for them - one shouldn't offend one's hosts so openly. Since the previous twice we have been here my fbg has always been in the mid 5s i'mma going with 5.mid. Y'all wouldn't like it here it is sunny, all sorts of helpful people wait on you hand and foot and definitely not run by a clown. I'm taking one for the team - no thanks required.:angelic:
Sounds dreadful, we’re ever so ‘umble Mr Copperfield.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
g76001.gif

Reactions: dogslife

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Creative this morning...
It is a jet black pen until water is added, and then it turns purple, and it turns my fingers to turquoise...
FA358555-38DB-44FA-B316-6C1E7EEAB87B.jpeg

However, I took this photo while it was still wet. And the paper was still absorbing the ink.

I had an hour's nap, and I just woke up...
It now looks like this...

B869BC9A-39B7-40A4-B0EC-79B6AF2F8F11.jpeg

All the definition has gone...
I like the first pic best...

Which do you like?
Answers on a postcard please...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a perfectly quiet start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of Heck sausages on https://queenketo.com/low-carb-swede-puree/ with onion gravy and peas came in at 5.3 this am.

GP appointments. We now have 2 GP’s off with a dash of Covid so nothing available until 30th - well I will take that and raise you a private GP this Friday. We need to get a scan organised toot sweets with Dr Van Dyke. Naproxen. Should it always be taken with strong koffy? Supplementary. Is that really more effective than tramadol or Codeine Phosphate? Boxes are piling up and in inverse correlation to cupboard contents. All my available clothes are now in a single suitcase ready to go over to daughters place on Thursday. I say Thursday but time is in the hands of Mrs Miggins and a firm marker on her timeline is always subject to adjustments for no apparent reason. Liverpool - not a sensible place to visit when tinkering about with giant fireworks, you might hurt yourself and end up crispy. Well done that man.

Art bit - back to trees for a bit. I’m afraid. Have a marvelous day if you can. I shall be mainly lounging about and drinking koffy.

upload_2021-11-16_6-34-58.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Creative this morning...
It is a jet black pen until water is added, and then it turns purple, and it turns my fingers to turquoise...
View attachment 52086
However, I took this photo while it was still wet. And the paper was still absorbing the ink.

I had an hour's nap, and I just woke up...
It now looks like this...

View attachment 52087

All the definition has gone...
I like the first pic best...

Which do you like?
Answers on a postcard please...
Choices, choices. But I like them both. I like the detailed lines in the first one but then the overall shape in the second one is champion.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a perfectly quiet start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of Heck sausages on https://queenketo.com/low-carb-swede-puree/ with onion gravy and peas came in at 5.3 this am.

GP appointments. We now have 2 GP’s off with a dash of Covid so nothing available until 30th - well I will take that and raise you a private GP this Friday. We need to get a scan organised toot sweets with Dr Van Dyke. Naproxen. Should it always be taken with strong koffy? Supplementary. Is that really more effective than tramadol or Codeine Phosphate? Boxes are piling up and in inverse correlation to cupboard contents. All my available clothes are now in a single suitcase ready to go over to daughters place on Thursday. I say Thursday but time is in the hands of Mrs Miggins and a firm marker on her timeline is always subject to adjustments for no apparent reason. Liverpool - not a sensible place to visit when tinkering about with giant fireworks, you might hurt yourself and end up crispy. Well done that man.

Art bit - back to trees for a bit. I’m afraid. Have a marvelous day if you can. I shall be mainly lounging about and drinking koffy.

View attachment 52088
Your trees are always brilliant @dunelm
May your selection of clothes for your suitcase be just perfect...
I was going to meet a friend in Liverpool this week for Christmas shopping at alternative shops, like News From Nowhere, and I was looking forward to it, however I have changed the location to the other side of the water...but it did appear to have all the power of a damp squib. Even so, I don’t want to be standing next to one...
Enjoy your coffee
698F75FD-915B-4971-A7AD-608C84D59CF8.gif

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs i am at the moment relaxing with a coffee in the re-vamped pub across the road from where I teach. The meal was lovely also. Now it has re-opened I am going to make sure that I have some downtime during the day to relax and recuperate while in Norwich.

So pleased that you are having a lovely holiday.
great news that you now have somewhere nearby to relax in during your day. So important.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Your trees are always brilliant @dunelm
May your selection of clothes for your suitcase be just perfect...
I was going to meet a friend in Liverpool this week for Christmas shopping at alternative shops, like News From Nowhere, and I was looking forward to it, however I have changed the location to the other side of the water...but it did appear to have all the power of a damp squib. Even so, I don’t want to be standing next to one...
Enjoy your coffee
View attachment 52089
Thank you @gennepher - I don’t think that I will be living it large any time soon so mainly t-shirts, shorts and jeans. Looked up News From Nowhere - looks like a marvel of a bookstore.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you @gennepher - I don’t think that I will be living it large any time soon so mainly t-shirts, shorts and jeans. Looked up News From Nowhere - looks like a marvel of a bookstore.
It is an amazing bookstore, and they can get/source any book or magazine etc for you. I spend ages in there @dunelm
I was looking forward to touching real books...

Reactions: dunelm

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all wonder what this country is going through.

A troublesome 4.2, then an hour and a half later a 4.7, hmmmm steam driven sliderule, log tables, tea bag reading mug a glance at the weather forecast and a good old guess to calculate my insulin dosage, again sympathy is not required.

@gennepher me and me’s prefer the second one, @dunelm a hug for the vagaries of female lord and masters, pain, pain in the bottom GP’s, and lastly a house move, at least you can drink copious amounts of koffy. Now me and me’s must move on and stay safe all.