What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Great fbg and I'm so glad there is no fog. No 3 son tells me the fog was bad 'twixt Cambs and Suffolk last night. The road he used isn't good in perfect conditions anyhow. @dunelm thanks for the art in such adverse conditions. Hugs for your concern over your sister and prayers for her, you and all worried about what the future holds for her.
Glad that No 3 son got home safely. Fog.and a bad road is not a good combination.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Good morning...

Creative today...still looking forward to sun (the sun went back to bed yesterday morning and I needed the lights on all day), longer days and spring...
Pastel.

Take care...

8CB89BE1-E96A-4241-83D3-9ABE867B1139.jpeg

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

Big Sunday cooked breakfast awaits. Oversupplied with mushrooms, think these will be sauteed in butter.
FBG 8.6 Weight loss slowing. Some kind of plateau? Drink more water, keep calm and carry on, methinks.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings one and all. No Swipey, won't use Stabbo so unknown fbg.@karen8967 fabbo meme and fbg.
O-ipmOWMjIS8-k664MgzdIF0df8Dotd1XFOj7Iicjir6sa4ZihSoWGKZDEwucTYsEp8jt4LgaMjrPG42H0dnjyGGBVMNkaKwgyzbMO-ELuB1tQnTxYJC_kOT9zxj15juvy8NewpW
Yesterday was like George Herbert's poem The Glance crossed with Grevel Lindop's The Moons. Lindop's would have been good for you yesterday @gennepher. I chuckled at the sun going back to bed and am very thankful for the art. Yesterday? Unplanned but all the ingredients were there as if a higher power knew something. Look up Everything Holds together by Malcolm Guite. Like meeting JKP, our boys or my best sporting performances not planned by me but so obviously my deepest wishes and needs. O Sapientia vs "reason" only ever has one winner. @True Blue your team helped, Give it beans today crew.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Great fbg and I'm so glad there is no fog. No 3 son tells me the fog was bad 'twixt Cambs and Suffolk last night. The road he used isn't good in perfect conditions anyhow. @dunelm thanks for the art in such adverse conditions. Hugs for your concern over your sister and prayers for her, you and all worried about what the future holds for her.
Thank you @ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Dunelm,
I hope your Omicron proves to be mild and you both get through it unscathed. Some are worse than others.
Best wishes
Derek
Thank you @lindisfel (Derek) - mine is somewhat like a mild flue (not a raging man flue of course). Mrs Miggins has no symptoms.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Like your painting my husband loves to paint it’s been great for him during the last 2 years the ones we like he’s framed up and they adorn our hall and living room love them, he’s always been arty but only took it up more since he retired.K
Thank you @Granny_grump_ - I paint to keep my sanity from wandering off (well, most of it). At the beginning of the pandemic, my mother sent me a box of Chinese art materials from her studio in France and told me to start painting. I have done at least one each day since. Good to know that someone else is finding pleasure in painting.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Beautifully constructed and minimalist.
My meter is an old tee2 and registering different to others on here haven’t got a comparison to understand the differences but it does seem good readings. Perhaps I should buy myself a new meter but mine is working and my doctor gives me prescription for strips so I’m fortunate enough to get them for free. Read on here if you purchase your own the strips are expensive.K

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. We are off to Redwings horse sanctuary shortly. We sponsor a pony called Cookie and we haven't been to see him for ages. Redwings is dog friendly and has got a nice cafe.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a bit of an overcast start after the show with the norther lights over the past few nights. We have a food deliver this morning, 10am if you can believe the email and only one item substituted, far better this way than a dash round the Co-Op with a suitcase. I am designating Sunday as a day of rest. So tiring listening to Mrs Miggins lagging loft spaces, stripping wallpaper with the noisy hiss of a steam punk thing and then the waft of paint being applied. Still, it’s one of her favourite things to do - decorating - I have in the past come home from a bike tour in Europe to find a completely different looking house. “Do you play cricket?” - “Tennis actually.” - “Ah tennis, I used to play cricket……” or so the Monty Python sketch goes - and go you must my cobber my lad.
No idea what is going on here, I applied inks to some rice paper and then sprayed with water - left it to dry and then did the same again a couple more times. May experiment more. Have the best of times that you can. In fact recite A Tale Of Two Cities in the style of Chris Eubank (you can find instructions by Greg Davies on YouTube) - time for koffy.
upload_2022-1-16_8-57-2.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a bit of an overcast start after the show with the norther lights over the past few nights. We have a food deliver this morning, 10am if you can believe the email and only one item substituted, far better this way than a dash round the Co-Op with a suitcase. I am designating Sunday as a day of rest. So tiring listening to Mrs Miggins lagging loft spaces, stripping wallpaper with the noisy hiss of a steam punk thing and then the waft of paint being applied. Still, it’s one of her favourite things to do - decorating - I have in the past come home from a bike tour in Europe to find a completely different looking house. “Do you play cricket?” - “Tennis actually.” - “Ah tennis, I used to play cricket……” or so the Monty Python sketch goes - and go you must my cobber my lad.
No idea what is going on here, I applied inks to some rice paper and then sprayed with water - left it to dry and then did the same again a couple more times. May experiment more. Have the best of times that you can. In fact recite A Tale Of Two Cities in the style of Chris Eubank (you can find instructions by Greg Davies on YouTube) - time for koffy.
View attachment 52909
Thanks for the art and congratulations to the C21st virtual Hunter Gatherer. Decorating? £250 per day is a price well worth paying someone to do for me. May come from having had a builder father who instantly spotted anything remotely sub optimal. No words needed the face told all. JKP always thinks we can do it ourselves and often tries:arghh: He would have been useless at teaching Normalisation to Y13 but it never bothered him in the same way. I wouldn't ever go as far as Larkin - not Pop - but I get his drift. So was it Stanley or the late Charlotte? What I have seen or read of the siblings makes me wonder what happened to Alex.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak and dunelm

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My meter is an old tee2 and registering different to others on here haven’t got a comparison to understand the differences but it does seem good readings. Perhaps I should buy myself a new meter but mine is working and my doctor gives me prescription for strips so I’m fortunate enough to get them for free. Read on here if you purchase your own the strips are expensive.K
Hello K. If you give me your unit of measurement I can give you a conversion factor to mmo/lt which most UK meters have as the default.

Reactions: alf_Josiah