What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
Fbg 7.1

Tired today, so slept on couch.
Only just done pastel painting.
But I went in back garden for inspiration.
Saw the moon, cradled by my 35 foot rose tree. I don't know where the rose tree came from, the birds must have dropped a seed aeons ago, and it just grew straight upwards, not sideways like a rose bush usually does..

Good night.
After a hard days dozing on the couch by the sunny window, I am ready for bed...night night...

View attachment 52882
Popeye really does remind me of Korky the cat in the Beano or was it the Dandy?
Derek

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a chill in the air start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. All windows that open are now open since we found out that the horse had bolted during the night. Both of us tested positive this morning - boo, hiss. How do I get my supplies of wine delivered now - oh! Online of course. We are going to need a veg box as well. Best get onto a supermarket then.
A bit more mellow yellow in today’s picture. Stay well. Must drink more koffy.

View attachment 52885
Hugs @dunelm and winner for the painting. It is beautifully done...

lindisfel

Expert
Popeye really does remind me of Korky the cat in the Beano or was it the Dandy?
Derek
You see gennepher you had him so long one still thinks of him as with you still and I guess you feel similar. And I guess he will have a cherished place in you thoughts always.
Derek

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Folks

Finished my leaflet postings, 182 households, no big problems/ One dangerous dog, one sealed letterbox, three instances of plastic grass and only three EV chargers seen (could be more inside closed garages). Latter scarcity shows how far we have to go EV-wise. All properties are less than five years' old.

Had a lovely tuna salad for lunch, and two hours later I have a BG of 8.3 mmo/lt. Not a problem as I'm losing weight and still on dry Jan. The glucose must be coming from somewhere!

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Has I said I would post last nights evening meal of salad and cheese my bloods went up to 9.1 it was probably the sandwich in afternoon has I have this meal regularly it doesn’t usually go up more than 2 units.K
I really can’t do carbs even a small amount like half a slice of wholemeal toast with a bratwurst sausage a slice bacon and a poached egg for lunch today my BG before I eat was 4.7 after food my blood glucose levels were 6.5 although these readings are not bad 2.2 units.without the half a toast they would be in range. Think we’re they would be if I’d had a whole slice toast, that’s 22years type2 diabetic for you.K

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
I really can’t do carbs even a small amount like half a slice of wholemeal toast with a bratwurst sausage a slice bacon and a poached egg for lunch today my BG before I eat was 4.7 after food my blood glucose levels were 6.5 although these readings are not bad 2.2 units.without the half a toast they would be in range. Think we’re they would be if I’d had a whole slice toast, that’s 22years type2 diabetic for you.K

Carbs, love them, hate them. Me personally cannot function without some carbs, some on here go for the the lowest possible, some went for the total elimination and wondered why they felt terrible. It’s all a balance, but you already know that I guess.

Reactions: Granny_grump_

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Carbs, love them, hate them. Me personally cannot function without some carbs, some on here go for the the lowest possible, some went for the total elimination and wondered why they felt terrible. It’s all a balance, but you already know that I guess.
Hi Alf_Josiah, I understand about carbs and brain fog if you eliminated them all from your diet but even the smallest amount now affects my glucose levels. Some on here have called my circumstances has Burnout my pancreas is barely working and can’t deal with carbs after 22years diabetic type2. Doctor has put me on Gliclizide to try and help been on them 2 months now occasionally they work but not always so now I take it one hour before food it seems to work better. But I’ve no doubt if I don’t work hard to lower my BG with diet and reduce or cut out carbs doctors will increase meds has I lose control. I don’t want to be on meds rest of my life so diet is all I have left. It’s doing what you need to regain control it’s not forever .K

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You see gennepher you had him so long one still thinks of him as with you still and I guess you feel similar. And I guess he will have a cherished place in you thoughts always.
Derek
Yes, that is very true @lindisfel
He was nearly 30 years old.
And I do still feel him here, especially in bed and I can feel a movement at the side of me, so I automatically still shift over in my half sleep to give him more room. He still has half the bed...
But, I suppose the movement I felt was the blankets shifting a bit...

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good Morning BG @ 5.05am was 6.4
Pleased with this has its been stuck at 6.7 for a few days and much lower than a couple of months ago.K

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8
Finally down into the 6's!

I saw this sunset outside my front window last night...
So, it is my pastel for today.

I bought a new pate from the Polish shop. I know what the word is for pate now!
When I got home I used camera translate to find out what pate it was....

Goldfish pate?!?!?!?!?

No, no way...

All I could see on the front of the pate was a goldfish swimming towards me...my brain was playing tricks, there was no such picture on the pate...

I ended up trying to Google the actual product, and finally came up with a list of ingredients in English...

Salmon pate it was...

Phew...but I still cannot unsee a goldfish swimming towards me each time I look at it. It is a good job the expiry date is 2024, because it is going in a cupboard in the meantime...

6AE6C679-D148-4CB6-A47F-11FA463A4B60.jpeg

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

Back ache after all that bending down for ankle-level letterboxes. Posties of the world have my respect.

FBG 8.2 mmo/lt at 0630. Slowly coming down from off-the-rails 10+. Need to get the weight off and then see if the meds need adjustment. I find that metformin can have undesirable side effects, so am not keen on upping my daily dose.

Have a great day.