What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Gave winner as so agree.

Too little info at DX.
Agree about personal BG range
4 has me feeling very rough.

Everyone has I believe a natural balance.
I think we all, if sensible have a "sweet spot" for most things.

Recent hospital stay, bay of 4

3 of us T2D.
Others no idea about their health, sadly.

Nurses rather amused I knew what my scores re BG & temp & weight usually / actually are.

Any variance above 36.5 had my ears prick up, covid, infection etc.

And the casual "under 10 BG is good," carried no weight here..no siree.

Got it down once I got to grips with menu choices. Mind you plethora of meds didn't help.

Explaining to the 2 other why they tested higher then expected, because of food choice, was a surprising lesson for them, and they began taking s little more notice and I tried to educate a little about the effects of carbs/sugars etc

I hope a seed was planted

Much work to be done on far too many, sadly.

And as for the forum, I wonder if aiming for unsuitable scores is often counter productive to a happier/Healthier life, imho.

Anyway, a big hug for the need for appointment.
Hope all goes well and Dr ox surprises you.

Good luck .
Hi @jjraak
I agree with all you say.
For each of us this is a personal journey.
But the medical info we are mostly given, is sadly lacking.
And is not a one size fits all.
So, this becomes a personal journey of discovery, and experimentation.
As you say @jjraak we need to fit in our happiness into this lifestyle and with our food choices.
m0111.gif
m0112.gif

m0148.gif
m0182.gif

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.4

My happiness when I wake up is a mug of tea and a mug of coffee. Alternate sips from each! And doing a painting. It is 4:22 am now, and I have been awake since 3:08 am.
My creative is now done.
A sunrise in iPastel, with a little help in Procreate with the tree detail, and the flowers. Then into Snapseed for frame and name.

My mug of coffee and mug of tea is now finished, and I need to make another mug of tea...

Where is your morning happiness?

0E2F8346-0D1D-4210-A478-3E1D92D242FB.jpeg

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

Escaping storms here on the South Coast. Mild temperature too. So boat upgrade today. Will the new, bigger, engine start battery fit in the new enlarged space? Tape measure says yes.

FBG 6.6 mmo/lt at 0645.

Have a great day.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Remarkable how today's morning worship readings, or at least what I took from them, and posts I hadn't read cohere. @jjraak your post on judgement calls and evolving situations is spot on. "All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any." As you say also, your healing has altered what is optimal for you just now. @gennepher thank you for the creative, so bright and cheerful. Personally, what makes me happy isn't the point since "by reason of the frailty of our nature we cannot always stand upright." This is a non biblical version IMHO. What seems to be an issue is that no one person has an overview of the big picture - health wise - for most of us. This often results in ad hoc efforts to firefight one problem such as bg levels or back issues without considering the whole ecosystem. @True Blue best wishes for #batterygate. @Krystyna23040 good news on the LFT and recovery but do take things as gently as you will ever do today. Did Micah (not Hyde) ever foresee our current Captain and crew? "what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? " Of course that is today's aim for me. I'll fail, I'm only human eh Rag and Bone Man, be forgiven, Jess Glynne has a song about that and have another go tomorrow - Vera Lynn?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.4

My happiness when I wake up is a mug of tea and a mug of coffee. Alternate sips from each! And doing a painting. It is 4:22 am now, and I have been awake since 3:08 am.
My creative is now done.
A sunrise in iPastel, with a little help in Procreate with the tree detail, and the flowers. Then into Snapseed for frame and name.

My mug of coffee and mug of tea is now finished, and I need to make another mug of tea...

View attachment 53133
Beautiful sunrise over the water. We get similar ones here. My morning happiness is surviving the night - then a mug of tea and then a cafetière of koffy.
upload_2022-1-30_8-22-32.jpeg

Reactions: mojo37

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all.

Escaping storms here on the South Coast. Mild temperature too. So boat upgrade today. Will the new, bigger, engine start battery fit in the new enlarged space? Tape measure says yes.

FBG 6.6 mmo/lt at 0645.

Have a great day.
All the best with the new engine start battery

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from under and entry level sunrise here in the dark and dangerous north
Wind has dropped - I think we just caught the edge of it. A couple of things decided to fall over in the garden but that was all. Just a blow hard breeze really. Mrs Miggins went up to the container yesterday and brought back a van load of ‘stuff’, including a couple of beds which, now that the upstairs rooms are finished, are now in situ.
Managed to clear a space for a few items of art materials so splashed some ink into a mountain. Hope you all have a splendid Sunday. I shall now make koffy.

upload_2022-1-30_8-32-21.jpeg

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening, sorry no time again, a life to live, a stuff not to give and a 5.5 this Morening, if me and me’s are lucky we’ll be back.
But time to wish you all a good day, stay etc, etc, etc.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from under and entry level sunrise here in the dark and dangerous north
Wind has dropped - I think we just caught the edge of it. A couple of things decided to fall over in the garden but that was all. Just a blow hard breeze really. Mrs Miggins went up to the container yesterday and brought back a van load of ‘stuff’, including a couple of beds which, now that the upstairs rooms are finished, are now in situ.
Managed to clear a space for a few items of art materials so splashed some ink into a mountain. Hope you all have a splendid Sunday. I shall now make koffy.

View attachment 53140
Thank you for sharing the art and well done on clearing some space for art materials. Koffy time is 11.00 am but The D and D North remains a law unto itself behind that infamous Wall. Presumably purple now but hardly a purple patch in the history of that region one fears. Jon Snow still up there?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for sharing the art and well done on clearing some space for art materials. Koffy time is 11.00 am but The D and D North remains a law unto itself behind that infamous Wall. Presumably purple now but hardly a purple patch in the history of that region one fears. Jon Snow still up there?
Thank you @ianpspurs - he know nothing that Jon Snow

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning. Blood sugars coming back down to normal after the bug. I was so hungry this morning and really enjoyed my breakfast and coffee.

@ianpspurs that is exactly what Mr K said - so we are not doing our normal Sunday 4 mile walk around National Trust parkland today. Instead we did have a lovely dog walk in the sunshine around our local park. Mr K wanted me to rest at home, but I vetoed that suggestion as l thought a gentle walk in the sunshine was just what I needed.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs that is exactly what Mr K said

Impossible for him to go any higher in my estimation. Very impulsive (stubborn?) young lady vetoing his suggestion but we all three know that. JKP is exactly the same and bridles at the word stubborn:banghead:. She likes to feel she has won small victories but I find this highly effective. I've never met Mr K but I'd wager a goodly sum he also has that off pat. Oh dear. That sounds suspiciously condescending like you know who. In my defence I was born on June 19th.

Last edited:
Reactions: alf_Josiah

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Gave winner as so agree.

Too little info at DX.
Agree about personal BG range
4 has me feeling very rough.

Everyone has I believe a natural balance.
I think we all, if sensible have a "sweet spot" for most things.

Recent hospital stay, bay of 4

3 of us T2D.
Others no idea about their health, sadly.

Nurses rather amused I knew what my scores re BG & temp & weight usually / actually are.

Any variance above 36.5 had my ears prick up, covid, infection etc.

And the casual "under 10 BG is good," carried no weight here..no siree.

Got it down once I got to grips with menu choices. Mind you plethora of meds didn't help.

Explaining to the 2 other why they tested higher then expected, because of food choice, was a surprising lesson for them, and they began taking s little more notice and I tried to educate a little about the effects of carbs/sugars etc

I hope a seed was planted

Much work to be done on far too many, sadly.

And as for the forum, I wonder if aiming for unsuitable scores is often counter productive to a happier/Healthier life, imho.

Anyway, a big hug for the need for appointment.
Hope all goes well and Dr ox surprises you.

Good luck .
You did brilliantly in hospital and it was really good that the other T2s listened to you and were interested in getting better blood sugar control.and

I agree that aiming for very low scores is highly likely to be counter productive to a happier healthy life. I would love to have fasting levels in the 4s but know that my body is determined to be in the 5s - so just accept it now.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.4

My creative is now done.

View attachment 53133
@gennepher my happiness is when 15 year old Archie walks into the bedroom for a cuddle because I know that he is with us for one more day. My first cup of coffee in the morning also makes me happy, and then the morning dog walk. Although I must admit that sometimes the thought of the morning dog walk does not fill me with joy (especially when it is raining) but once I am walking around the park I feel so relaxed and happy.

Reactions: mojo37

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You did brilliantly in hospital and it was really good that the other T2s listened to you and were interested in getting better blood sugar control.and

I agree that aiming for very low scores is highly likely to be counter productive to a happier healthy life. I would love to have fasting levels in the 4s but know that my body is determined to be in the 5s - so just accept it now.
Hello @Krystyna23040 This website advises that regular repeated BG readings of below 7.0 mmo/lt would likely indicate an HbA1c value of below 42 mmo/mol. At this controlled level of BG there is much reduced risk of diabetes being a cause or contributing factor to major illness, advises this website. I think that is as good as it gets, for us Type Twos.

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Remarkable how today's morning worship readings, or at least what I took from them, and posts I hadn't read cohere. @jjraak your post on judgement calls and evolving situations is spot on. "All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any." As you say also, your healing has altered what is optimal for you just now. @gennepher thank you for the creative, so bright and cheerful. Personally, what makes me happy isn't the point since "by reason of the frailty of our nature we cannot always stand upright." This is a non biblical version IMHO. What seems to be an issue is that no one person has an overview of the big picture - health wise - for most of us. This often results in ad hoc efforts to firefight one problem such as bg levels or back issues without considering the whole ecosystem. @True Blue best wishes for #batterygate. @Krystyna23040 good news on the LFT and recovery but do take things as gently as you will ever do today. Did Micah (not Hyde) ever foresee our current Captain and crew? "what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? " Of course that is today's aim for me. I'll fail, I'm only human eh Rag and Bone Man, be forgiven, Jess Glynne has a song about that and have another go tomorrow - Vera Lynn?
Interesting words @ianpspurs
Very very true...all of them...

Reactions: dunelm and jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 53140
A great mountain ridge @dunelm
I hope you manage to acquire more space for art.