What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Day I’m late again been for my walk to get my joints moving did 4871steps today but it’s dropped my BG to 5.7.
But it’s up in morning at 4.30am it was 7.1 Lunch time yesterday I tried a ciabatta roll with bacon and egg 2 hours later BG was 11 then it dropped to 5.4 before evening meal had baked salmon with salad BG after 2hrs was 6.8 only changes in food and drink was ciabatta roll and pomegranate juice 100ml, and I’m trying for pain relief CBD oil but that pushes my BG up too. But on the whole I don’t think I can do any better except leave out the bread I just try different things and test before food and 2 hrs. after food, I’m checking how much CBD oil on its own increases my BG took it at 11.30 am but needed the higher amount in the dropper today after my walk so I will check it in 2 hours at 1.30 if it increases BG a lot I don’t have anywhere else to go has I have developed over years of different pain relieving medication a sever allergic reaction to Codeine so I can’t take the usual pain relief meds. Does anyone else use CBD oil if so what do you think of it, I think it’s pretty darn good no pain within 30min. But only started using it last Thursday I bought it in York while we were away last week from Holland and Barrett on the High Street they are in most towns and cities, I stopped for a couple of days when BG went up but has I mentioned I need something when I’m in a flare up it’s been 12 weeks since flare up started so I started using it again today.K
CBD oil @Granny_grump_
I take it, for pain.
I take it in capsules. Up to 2 a day. They are 5mg each.

With food, I can find that something I can eat in a morning doesn't particularly impact on my blood glucose, yet if I eat the same food in an evening then my blood glucose can rise a lot.
I have never thought of checking the impact CBD oil may have on my blood sugars.
So, it could be better in terms of blood sugars, to take CBD oil at a particular time of day. Just a suggestion...

Reactions: Granny_grump_

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

After modest exercise I hit the carbs with ciabatta lunchtime and basmati with my supper. The revenge of the T2 gave me 8.1 mmo/lt at 0630. Ai least I know where the current limits are. Will be a good boy today.

Have a great day.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

A beautiful stunning vibrant vivid sunset last night.
Red at night Shepherd's delight is the saying.
Dare I hope for a beautiful day today, when the weather app promises me dark clouds?

So, here is a sunrise in anticipation of a beautiful day...
In iPastel.
Have a great day...
4B87102A-ADF0-486C-8289-7619AD9043FD.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Unknown fbg again here and too dark to properly see outside. @gennepher wonderfully bright and uplifting creative today. Rightly or wrongly I instantly had this earworm so thank you. The gym, granddaughter and salmon salad went well yesterday. Thanks be to God, helped by JKP, RMP and Matt Hancock in their various ways. Thank you for the hugs regarding my wish to "go home" but they aren't needed. One of my targets - yes, I write and monitor action plans - is to find out what it is about this town and Breckland more generally that makes those who have always lived here feel the same way. The Gas man cometh tomorrow to inspect our heating system - be still my beating heart. Enjoy your day if circumstances allow, have another go tomorrow if they don't.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who have been brave enough to look at the weather forecast. The song that immediately comes to mind is “ We’re having a heat wave, a tropical heat wave “ unfortunately a windy one.
This mornings reading was a 5.3 on that meter of deception.
Me and me’s are thinking about a little trip out on the motorcycle, but the roads are slippery from all the salt and general grease or crud coupled with the fact that the bike will need a through clean afterwards and me and me’s already have to wash the car today. Perhaps the motorcycle will stay in the garage.
Well fellow posters, painters and gamers and I hope things are going well for you.
Stay safe, stay apart and just so me and me’s don’t get recognised a mask will be worn.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @jjraak. I did wonder about the choice. I hope the recovery is going as well as possible and that urge for things to speed up is under control. Sneaky, subtle, wily being that Tempter. Don't be looking for the attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-29 08.52.02.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-29 08.52.02.png
    136.2 KB · Views: 43

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I added this to my earlier post

Have posted up several times various threads ,
Because I know for the most part, a lot of this is words & opinions

And for myself it's the only "proof" I can offer, that for me, the SAD advice offered doesn't work,
And the Doom mongering about LCHF, for me didn't appear to be the death of me, either ;)

I think the correct term, is that in the moment the chart was made, I was in Rude Health :D

As I say in previous post,
Pays ya money
Takes ya choice.

To my untrained eye, the right side (LCHF)
Looks a shed load better then the left (SAD. Lo-Cal, Lo-Fat )

:happy:

bloods ratio july 2019.jpg

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...se-full-on-chat.163627/page-2574#post-2481751

Live happy
Live long x

Reactions: mojo37

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I added this to my earlier post

Have posted up several times various threads ,
Because I know for the most part, a lot of this is words & opinions

And for myself it's the only "proof" I can offer, that for me, the SAD advice offered doesn't work,
And the Doom mongering about LCHF, for me didn't appear to be the death of me, either ;)

I think the correct term, is that in the moment the chart was made, I was in Rude Health :D

As I say in previous post,
Pays ya money
Takes ya choice.

To my untrained eye, the right side (LCHF)
Looks a shed load better then the left (SAD. Lo-Cal, Lo-Fat )

:happy:

View attachment 53125

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...se-full-on-chat.163627/page-2574#post-2481751

Live happy
Live long x
As you imply managing one's wellbeing - wellness is a red herring IMHO - is a judgement call. Once told one has T2 none of the options are good. Complications are to be avoided full stop - which is where they'll end. Insulin is, by all accounts on here, a life saving miracle for many but also comes fraught with very unwelcome side effects and calculations I have no wish to make. LC in some way is the least bad route but it must come with some downsides. Don't the scientists operate with a paradigm that says every action has an equal and opposite reaction or was Newton's 3rd law part of Plan B?

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

A beautiful stunning vibrant vivid sunset last night.
Red at night Shepherd's delight is the saying.
Dare I hope for a beautiful day today, when the weather app promises me dark clouds?

So, here is a sunrise in anticipation of a beautiful day...
In iPastel.
Have a great day...
View attachment 53122
Another smashing sunset. Wonderful colours and Popeye peeking out of the tree.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone (what’s left of it) form a bright and very breezy start here in the dark and dangerous north
Good catch up with the grandchildren over dinner last night. Poor Mr Pickle has been benched and has at least another week to go - got injured in a match 2 weeks ago and is chomping at the bit. No banging and clattering over the weekend but they will be back on Monday to tackle the front door and sidelight.
A quick sketch for this morning done in Procreate as I couldn’t get to my art materials yesterday. Have a wonderful Lunar New Year if you can, year of the water tiger. 1st Feb really but you have to get in early. Time for a mid morning koffy.

upload_2022-1-29_9-59-22.jpeg

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who have been brave enough to look at the weather forecast. The song that immediately comes to mind is “ We’re having a heat wave, a tropical heat wave “ unfortunately a windy one.
This mornings reading was a 5.3 on that meter of deception.
Me and me’s are thinking about a little trip out on the motorcycle, but the roads are slippery from all the salt and general grease or crud coupled with the fact that the bike will need a through clean afterwards and me and me’s already have to wash the car today. Perhaps the motorcycle will stay in the garage.
Well fellow posters, painters and gamers and I hope things are going well for you.
Stay safe, stay apart and just so me and me’s don’t get recognised a mask will be worn.
You will get that motorcycle ride soon @alf_Josiah
t4014.gif

It is a trifle windy here with storm clouds gathering now...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone (what’s left of it) form a bright and very breezy start here in the dark and dangerous north
Good catch up with the grandchildren over dinner last night. Poor Mr Pickle has been benched and has at least another week to go - got injured in a match 2 weeks ago and is chomping at the bit. No banging and clattering over the weekend but they will be back on Monday to tackle the front door and sidelight.
A quick sketch for this morning done in Procreate as I couldn’t get to my art materials yesterday. Have a wonderful Saturday if you can. Time for a mid morning koffy.

View attachment 53126
Peace and quiet for the weekend then? @dunelm

Procreate sketch is intriguing and magnificent ...

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
CBD oil @Granny_grump_
I take it, for pain.

With food, I can find that something I can eat in a morning doesn't particularly impact on my blood glucose, yet if I eat the same food in an evening then my blood glucose can rise a lot.
I have never thought of checking the impact CBD oil may have on my blood sugars.
So, it could be better in terms of blood sugars, to take CBD oil at a particular time of day. Just a suggestion...
CBD oil @Granny_grump_
I take it, for pain.

Hi gennepher, thanks for the CBD information I’ve sent for CBD muscle balm I apply it either side of my spine to relax the tension in my spinal support muscles used it for first time this morning before our walk and I’ve doubled our walk in high winds here to 2 hours of a walk I haven’t been able to do that for years so I’m well pleased. And it hasn’t raised my BG either unlike the oil. But I will use the oil later today has now I’m resting not moving about i will need the oil later, or just repeat the CBD muscle balm may be a better idea. Just checked our step counter on the phone and we have done a fabulous 6275 steps today. My BG on waking at 3am was 6.1 went back to bed at 5am got up at 8 am BG was5.1 but I’d taken my 80mg of Gliclizide after our walk BG was 5.2 that’s strange it usually drops down not up but it’s still a good reading. I prepare to be in 5 and 6 mmol in the 4mmol I go light headed and dizzy. So I’m well pleased to get these readings in such a short time with diet and excersize.K

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi gennepher, thanks for the CBD information I’ve sent for CBD muscle balm I apply it either side of my spine to relax the tension in my spinal support muscles used it for first time this morning before our walk and I’ve doubled our walk in high winds here to 2 hours of a walk I haven’t been able to do that for years so I’m well pleased. And it hasn’t raised my BG either unlike the oil. But I will use the oil later today has now I’m resting not moving about i will need the oil later, or just repeat the CBD muscle balm may be a better idea. Just checked our step counter on the phone and we have done a fabulous 6275 steps today. My BG on waking at 3am was 6.1 went back to bed at 5am got up at 8 am BG was5.1 but I’d taken my 80mg of Gliclizide after our walk BG was 5.2 that’s strange it usually drops down not up but it’s still a good reading. I prepare to be in 5 and 6 mmol in the 4mmol I go light headed and dizzy. So I’m well pleased to get these readings in such a short time with diet and excersize.K
Thanks for the info @Granny_grump_

You have reminded me, I also have some CBD cream. I use it more on my hands because of the pain from arthritis.

In the 4's is no good for me either. I am often in the 6's, but going into 5's which I do sometimes. I am better above 5.5 I think.

You have done a great day so far.