What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

I fell in a deep sleep at 8pm last night (because I was tired), but woke up at midnight all bright eyed and bushy tailed (still firmly holding my iPad because I had been working on some ideas for my creative).
Sigh...I am wide awake. No chance of going back to sleep.
So, I do my creative, which at that time of night is a photo from my bed of my untidy bedroom again, and doing a kaleidoscope again.
2:30 I begin yawning. Put iPad down.
Fall asleep.
Woke at 6:30.

So, I got my sleep in last night, albeit in two halves.

So, the midnight creative, in Laboscope and Procreate to alter the colours a bit....

Cuppa time now.

I have a new kettle/water dispenser thingy, much safer to make a cuppa tea from, for someone who has arthritis. Just thought I would share.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B078L3WJWM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The recent reviews were very critical of it. But I took a chance, because it had all the features I wanted. And, as far as I can see, all those negative reviews are nonsense. My kettle/water dispenser doesn't do any of the bad niggly things the reviewers said it did.

I will be doing a review of it on Amazon later (I do not do immediate reviews because Amazon asks you far too soon, before you have barely tried the item) labelled 'The First 24 Hours'.

Be good.
Drink your cuppas...

View attachment 53588
I like the kaleidoscope creatives with which you kindly bless us. Very good news on the water dispenser gadget. Scorpions are fine just never part of any Minder script.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak and dunelm

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from under a clear blue sky here in the dark and dangerous north. I feel a wander into town coming on and maybe even a wander down to the beech depending how my back feels as it’s a steep climb back up. Brother in law is doing some levelling up in the garden and laying the base for some decking - looks a bit over engineered which will be a nice surprise for the next occupants if they try and dig it out.
Art bit - another long sheet of raw rice paper. Hope your Sunday is a good one. Koffy is near consumed so may need another - controversial.
View attachment 53589
Thanks for the art. Enjoy the beech, I'm off to Rowan way to be scanned - strict dress code.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings everyone on Quinquagesima, Sunday before Lent. Don't forget the (LC) pancakes on Jif Lemon day although maple syrup (LC for us) has become a thing since those black and white days. They're not for me as I was never a fan and LC efforts have been execrable. @Granny_grump_ wonderful effort managing all that yesterday and on managing your T2 by diet for over two decades. Huge respect for that. My prayers are with you for this next part of your journey. To some extent we are all prisoners of The D but that gives us the opportunity to meet - virtually- others in a similar situation and share hope. Seems to me that is The Easter story in a nutshell. Guess who liked the Spurs and England rugby (union) results yesterday - and listened to a sermon on Philemon by a quirky Nashville pastor? Different strokes for different folks. Have a simply spiffing Sunday everyone however you choose to achieve that. Maybe the beach @Jojo85, or a dog walk around and NT property followed by a coffee and sausage roll @Krystyna23040. Some art and koffy for @dunelm and care for wildlife, a creative and electric blanket for @gennepher. The world is your lobster.
Thank’s @ianpspurs - wonder if they have lobster on the menu in our local pub (it’s down by the beach).

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

I fell in a deep sleep at 8pm last night (because I was tired), but woke up at midnight all bright eyed and bushy tailed (still firmly holding my iPad because I had been working on some ideas for my creative).
Sigh...I am wide awake. No chance of going back to sleep.
So, I do my creative, which at that time of night is a photo from my bed of my untidy bedroom again, and doing a kaleidoscope again.
2:30 I begin yawning. Put iPad down.
Fall asleep.
Woke at 6:30.

So, I got my sleep in last night, albeit in two halves.

So, the midnight creative, in Laboscope and Procreate to alter the colours a bit....

Cuppa time now.

I have a new kettle/water dispenser thingy, much safer to make a cuppa tea from, for someone who has arthritis. Just thought I would share.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B078L3WJWM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The recent reviews were very critical of it. But I took a chance, because it had all the features I wanted. And, as far as I can see, all those negative reviews are nonsense. My kettle/water dispenser doesn't do any of the bad niggly things the reviewers said it did.

I will be doing a review of it on Amazon later (I do not do immediate reviews because Amazon asks you far too soon, before you have barely tried the item) labelled 'The First 24 Hours'.

Be good.
Drink your cuppas...

View attachment 53588
Smashing kaleidoscope with Popeye taking centre stage. The water boiler looks good, especially if lifting a kettle of water is an issue. The sales pictures on Amazon don’t show a power lead so it must work by wizardry.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.55am FBG 5.6
Sadly the meal out with friendslast night was not an unqualified success. While we both enjoyed some elements there was no stand out dish and we both felt a bit let down. Won't be returning to that restaurant again. For the price paid we should have been enthusing for days.
Perhaps we should give our local village restaurant, now under new management another chance? At €12.50 for a four course meal, if the food is any good at all it would be better value.
Too much food last night has left me feeling bloated and sluggish this morning. Now going to make an effort to get outside again today.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi there from an amazingly bright, sunny but frosty Forest Heath where it is, surprisingly, another Saturday even though we had one only a week earlier. I am searching for that elusive Goldilocks post and indeed way of dealing with "issues." I'm not sure I am "middling" or finding the sweet spot as I would like but then again I'm also sure a perfectionist streak is how The Enemy comes after me (don't be looking for some Being with horns, cloven hooves et al.) So, do I pray for the people of Ukraine, specifically Kyiv, to continue the fight, thus bringing more bloodshed and death on both sides, or a quick end and less woe all round even if Putin prevails? @Granny_grump_ never mind the off-piste dessert you shared love and time with your granddaughter and her partner. Priceless. The rest can be dealt with later like the other clearing up. @Krystyna23040 great attitude to dealing with the vagaries of The D gained through bitter experience of using insulin. @gennepher hug for the poor sleep - part 1 of SHED- but from that came the blessing and joy for myself and others of that wonderful kaleidoscope. Thank you so much. @dunelm many thanks for your bright and cheery art. I'm always attracted to anything which appears to me to have plenty of Cambridge Blue - can't think why. Yes, hoovering. Still a thing here despite Kirbying being more appropriate. I was very unimpressed with my parents’ Dyson and totally unimpressed with the man himself. Mobile CT scan 9.00 a.m. tomorrow so no Swipey but strict dress code - no buttons, zips or metal. Yesterday should have been a very Goldilocks day - all the ideal ingredients were there. I'm not sure I didn't “butcher” the chance - take note Eddie’s boys- but God has given me another opportunity today. So much sport and deliveries of commestibles galore. I hope this chair, porridge, bed was just right but if not y'all have your own very Goldilocks indeed day - particularly in Tilehurst - but oh so perfectly safely.
Hope the scan goes well @ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from under a clear blue sky here in the dark and dangerous north. I feel a wander into town coming on and maybe even a wander down to the beech depending how my back feels as it’s a steep climb back up. Brother in law is doing some levelling up in the garden and laying the base for some decking - looks a bit over engineered which will be a nice surprise for the next occupants if they try and dig it out.
Art bit - another long sheet of raw rice paper. Hope your Sunday is a good one. Koffy is near consumed so may need another - controversial.
View attachment 53589
Another great long line....
I will experiment with all this later in the year in my studio in the fresh air, once the rain decides to take an extended holiday @dunelm

Enjoy your wandering ....

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.55am FBG 5.6
Sadly the meal out with friendslast night was not an unqualified success. While we both enjoyed some elements there was no stand out dish and we both felt a bit let down. Won't be returning to that restaurant again. For the price paid we should have been enthusing for days.
Perhaps we should give our local village restaurant, now under new management another chance? At €12.50 for a four course meal, if the food is any good at all it would be better value.
Too much food last night has left me feeling bloated and sluggish this morning. Now going to make an effort to get outside again today.
A win for the FBG and sometimes the hopes of a decent meal out turns to disappointment. Still, the local village restaurant may be promising and at that price it could be win win.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Smashing kaleidoscope with Popeye taking centre stage. The water boiler looks good, especially if lifting a kettle of water is an issue. The sales pictures on Amazon don’t show a power lead so it must work by wizardry.
Thanks @dunelm
I just wave my magic wand each time...
h0534.gif

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
5.0 this morning. Yes @ianpspurs we are off to Sheringham Park this lovely sunny morning. Lots of walking with the dogs and of course a sausage roll for Mr K.
Enjoy your walk with your husband and dogs, I’m so missing ours K

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Late afternoon ladies and gentlemen and all who suffer the delights of Sunday scans, all pre plinky plonky practice as well.
A 6.9 this morning, the after effects of post grandchildren staying. Well that’s my excuse.

Subjects for discussion here in Tilehurst Towers how to proceed with the top shed repair, now the temporary repair has been affected with the help and skill of our eldest son. Trial of new sprout recipes ready for the winter solstice, this will be contentious. Lastly holidays,
Well make the most of what is left of today and stay safe,
Foot note some rather interesting pieces of art work today curtesy of @gennepher and @dunelm, keep up the good work.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Late afternoon ladies and gentlemen and all who suffer the delights of Sunday scans, all pre plinky plonky practice as well.
A 6.9 this morning, the after effects of post grandchildren staying. Well that’s my excuse.

Subjects for discussion here in Tilehurst Towers how to proceed with the top shed repair, now the temporary repair has been affected with the help and skill of our eldest son. Trial of new sprout recipes ready for the winter solstice, this will be contentious. Lastly holidays,
Foot note some rather interesting pieces of art work today curtesy of @gennepher and @dunelm, keep up the good work.
alf_Josiah
Same reason for me when grandchildren call for tea it pushes my BG up because we all ways allow ourselves a treat with after meal a Sweet!!!!!K

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Thank you @alf_Josiah
I hope your plinky plonky practise was satisfying.
Sprouts...yuck...