What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
It was a lovely walk through Sheringham Park. It is one of our favourite National Trust places and the dogs love it there too. It is lovely having dogs, or cats, but really sad when they are no longer with us.
Especially when you have had dogs for over 42 years never been without a dog the house is not the same without that lovely waggy greeting when you walk through the door, you can’t beat it. But I’m trying for the sake of my husband and myself who in our later years now after Covid we want to fill our time travelling has and when we feel like it no restrictions.
So for the moment we are working hard not to give in to those empty arms feelings I can’t pass a dog when we are out and about without stopping and having a friendly stroke of its soft fur coat, I just want to sweep it up in my arms and cuddle it.
We will have another dog but it will be a rescue older dog we’ve had rescue dogs in the past they are so deprived of attention and love it’s so very rewarding to see them blossom into this lovely gentle creature just because they found a loving home.
Just not at this time till our wunderlust has wained, our youngest son is apparently taking after me he text me a photo of a second puppy they will get in April, it’s a niece of Molly there beautiful soft waggy dog they only bought last year so more. cuddles from Molly and ??? little no name yet. K
Blood glucose this morning was 7.2 out all day yesterday had food in Selfridges in their food hall but it’s left me with an upset stomach all last night hopefully it’s now gone but think the higher BG is through this.K

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Do I see bunnies cats ears and eyes in their, will have to study it for longer to see what else appears????K
Hi gennepher in enlarged it you can pick out cat faces and what appears a creature like a weasel on enlargement the eyes are obviously not eyes but in its natural state they look like hazel brown eyes and faces of cats, if I’m wrong my eyes are much worse than I first thought, get out the eye cream from doctors quick. K

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Late afternoon ladies and gentlemen and all who suffer the delights of Sunday scans, all pre plinky plonky practice as well.
A 6.9 this morning, the after effects of post grandchildren staying. Well that’s my excuse.

Subjects for discussion here in Tilehurst Towers how to proceed with the top shed repair, now the temporary repair has been affected with the help and skill of our eldest son. Trial of new sprout recipes ready for the winter solstice, this will be contentious. Lastly holidays,
Well make the most of what is left of today and stay safe,
Foot note some rather interesting pieces of art work today curtesy of @gennepher and @dunelm, keep up the good work.
Thank you @alf_Josiah and I hope for a swift recovery from you in the aftermath of all that jollity with the grandchildren.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi gennepher in enlarged it you can pick out cat faces and what appears a creature like a weasel on enlargement the eyes are obviously not eyes but in its natural state they look like hazel brown eyes and faces of cats, if I’m wrong my eyes are much worse than I first thought, get out the eye cream from doctors quick. K
Ah @Granny_grump_
Cats - yes, it is an actual toy cat at end of my bed...
Weasel - yes, but I don't have any weasels in my bedroom, that has morphed from some sea shells glued on to a wooden box...the eyes are derived from seashells stuck on the orange brown large sea shell

I think you can stave off visiting the eye doctor

Me - I am now going to have nightmares looking at that shell box at the end of my bed...

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Especially when you have had dogs for over 42 years never been without a dog the house is not the same without that lovely waggy greeting when you walk through the door, you can’t beat it. But I’m trying for the sake of my husband and myself who in our later years now after Covid we want to fill our time travelling has and when we feel like it no restrictions.
So for the moment we are working hard not to give in to those empty arms feelings I can’t pass a dog when we are out and about without stopping and having a friendly stroke of its soft fur coat, I just want to sweep it up in my arms and cuddle it.
We will have another dog but it will be a rescue older dog we’ve had rescue dogs in the past they are so deprived of attention and love it’s so very rewarding to see them blossom into this lovely gentle creature just because they found a loving home.
Just not at this time till our wunderlust has wained, our youngest son is apparently taking after me he text me a photo of a second puppy they will get in April, it’s a niece of Molly there beautiful soft waggy dog they only bought last year so more. cuddles from Molly and ??? little no name yet. K
Blood glucose this morning was 7.2 out all day yesterday had food in Selfridges in their food hall but it’s left me with an upset stomach all last night hopefully it’s now gone but think the higher BG is through this.K
Even though you miss having a dog, it will be wonderful to fill your time travelling with no restrictions.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone, ‘tis Merry Monday but it’s a bit of a dull start here in the dark and dangerous north, and that’s just me.
We have a skip full of garden waste sat on the drive. I say full but I think it can take a wee bit more before it is collected. Where it all came from is a mystery and so is the big rectangular hole in the garden - probably squirrels. We have had an infestation of blue squirrels of late up here on the red wall, all attempting to level up and leaving a huge mess. I have heard that there will be a run on lemons today but don’t worry, supermarkets nowadays have cunningly disguised containers of Jif lemon juice in cylindrical containers. Not to be mistaken for Cif lemon cream cleaner which will clash with the taste of your pancakes like your favourite Surströmming dipped in a white chocolate fountain.
Art bit - skiing off piste. Enjoy and make the most of the end of February. I shall of course now make koffy.

upload_2022-2-28_7-42-5.jpeg

Reactions: Granny_grump_

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning. Sheringham Park was stunning with the early rhodedendroms out in flower. We chose one of the really hilly walks which went quite deep into the wooded valley. It is my favourite walk but quite hard work.

It was lovely to relax with a coffee at the end of the walk and a sausage roll of course for Mr K.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning. Sheringham Park was stunning with the early rhodedendroms out in flower. We chose one of the really hilly walks which went quite deep into the wooded valley. It is my favourite walk but quite hard work.

It was lovely to relax with a coffee at the end of the walk and a sausage roll of course for Mr K.
Sounds like a good day out and all the better for the reward of a coffee and of a sausage roll for Mr K.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone, ‘tis Merry Monday but it’s a bit of a dull start here in the dark and dangerous north, and that’s just me.
We have a skip full of garden waste sat on the drive. I say full but I think it can take a wee bit more before it is collected. Where it all came from is a mystery and so is the big rectangular hole in the garden - probably squirrels. We have had an infestation of blue squirrels of late up here on the red wall, all attempting to level up and leaving a huge mess. I have heard that there will be a run on lemons today but don’t worry, supermarkets nowadays have cunningly disguised containers of Jif lemon juice in cylindrical containers. Not to be mistaken for Cif lemon cream cleaner which will clash with the taste of your pancakes like your favourite Surströmming dipped in a white chocolate fountain.
Art bit - skiing off piste. Enjoy and make the most of the end of February. I shall of course now make koffy.

View attachment 53598
Great splish splash art...
Shortage of lemons?
Oh dear.
What next @dunelm
A shortage of everything....

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like a good day out and all the better for the reward of a coffee and of a sausage roll for Mr K.
It was a good day out @dunelm . It is interesting that most people stay on the main path and don't go 'off piste ' . We love chatting to other dog walkers on the main path but also love the solitude and stunning views of the paths that go deep into the woodland and valleys.

The cafe at the end of the walk is the highlight of the day. No walk is complete without a coffee at the end.

Reactions: dunelm

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening all.
A 5.7 this morning.
Not sure about today, lots planned and some of it will involve making a noise, it might be better to make a list of things, then rewrite the list in order of priority and then throw the list away, while drinking koffy in my shed listening to planet rock.
Whatever you fellow posters choose to do, do it with gusto available at all Woolworths at only a shilling a tin……..
Stay safe all

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings one and all whatever time of day it may be where you are currently. Other fruit is available but perhaps not lemons according to one contributor. Thank you for all the good wishes yesterday. Everything went well with the CT scan thanks to the Grace of God in and through the kind, caring and professional medical staff. Another mysterious and wonderful kaleidoscope @gennepher and an interesting piece of art @dunelm #thankful. @Granny_grump_ the hug is for the tummy upset and missing dogs of your own. @Krystyna23040 yesterday sounds as though it was a triumph darling, a triumph. Today I shall mostly be drinking plenty as instructed by the nurse who informed me she usually conducts scans on pregnant mums in Ipswich but previously worked at West Suffolk. Shriving seems to have become a lost custom, especially among The Elite, these days. Style it out is all the rage. One wonders just how Barry Mcguire one should go or if Vlad is as mad, bad and dangerous to know as folks claim? Meantime, have a spiffing day and take care of those things in your gift.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
gennepher I’ve just found your mouse catcher right in the centre of the kaleidoscope pattern, I’m has exited and enjoying searching for things has you are at designing them. Very calming mesmerising love them. K

Reactions: jjraak

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Update on my sister she is the luckiest person still alive has we found out from her discharged papers that two arteries in the heart had burst and that is why she was a complication patient and why they did one side only with work involved, but talking to her I am increasingly concerned that she won’t listen to what advice she was given. Her daughter nearly caught her out has she was talking about going upstairs to have a shower when she was strictly forbidden at climbing stairs, I feel like shaking her there is no getting through to her. It’s not just this same after vein grafts told not to smoke has it would cause more blockages did she not a cat in hells chance, that’s why she is in this position today. But I’ve served my purpose now running around after her bringing her home I’m back to the boring older sister who has tried to help her with BG control in the past now she’s doing ok it’s friends then somewhere around the bottom of the heap is me. I feel like saying we’ll get on with it I’ve had enough, but it’s if I can is another thing. Sorry for the Rant but she infuriates me to the brink of Screaming. K