What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

Shadow was out there, and locked her eyes with mine, when I opened my eyes at 4 am. Fortunately I didn't need to wake up slowly this morning. Some days I open my eyes and I need to wake up very slowly with a lot of thinking and meditation. Other days I am bright and chirpy and can start the day right off (if my body obeys me when I want to move!).

I don't know what the urgency was this morning for Shadow, but she ate her wet food quickly, and shot off.

Yesterday, I had noticed as I had noticed on other days, that Shadow must be sleeping very closely, because I only have to put the key in the door for her to arrive as if by magic, covered in dust and cobwebs. And she is still rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. So yesterday I followed Shadow round the garden as she investigated every nook and cranny. Then I blinked and she was gone.

I suppose a secret hiding place is just that, a secret hiding place! But it is in my garden somewhere.

The birds all seem to listen for that key turning in the door as well, and they all fly in for food and peanuts when I open it.

Long haired black cat is back, 6.30 am, eating cautiously. His eyes are locked with mine also! Then he licks his nose and decides I am a friend...

Creative today is another apple blossom, this is the cooking apple tree, in a kaleidoscope, Laboscope app.

The early fruit tree blossoms are fading fast, and for the first time in a few years the wind hasn't blown them off. The cooking apple tree gives me apples at end of October, right to the end of November. That will be useful for my dehydrater, which I haven't tried out yet. I am still studying it and watching YouTube on it.

Time for another coffee...

Weather app says rain and light wind...and long haired black cat has polished off 3 bowls of wet cat food, and is now demolishing the dry food bowl. I haven't seen him for a few days, so maybe he is stocking up for a road trip and will be back in a few days...he is eating his 4 course breakfast very slowly, chewing and digesting each mouthful in a leisurely manner...oops, along has come Manky Ginger right up to the food bowl, inches from long haired black stray who has his ears back, but long haired black stray is NOT relinquishing even those last dry cat biscuits. Long haired black stray is guarding that last bit of food until he can eat the last bit. Manky Ginger doesn't even put his ears back or do any aggressive body language and walks away as if the Long Haired Black Cat means nothing to him....Manky Ginger knows more food will appear as if by magic...

image.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Yesterday Shadow was in attendance quite a bit. Patrolling the garden. I opened the kitchen door to outside and Shadow came rushing in, examined the kitchen and came out. She has not been in my kitchen before. But she wanted feeding and tried to get me to follow her through the plants (I cannot access back garden that way). So I came in, and went to the back and opened the back door. Shadow was sitting there initially with a disappointed face, she thought I had ignored her requests moments earlier. But then I produced food and she was happy. She is still trying to work out how I can reappear the other side of the bungalow...

All the other usual suspects were in attendance at the cat diner.

Creative today is my flowering Huckleberry bush in kaleidoscope in the Laboscope app.
Shadow is partolling.

Time for more coffee...

View attachment 54389
Lovely Huckleberry bush and the lady in the box trick, reappearing from stage left.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello from a sullen skied region of the East Angles. I am all crosswaffled as to whether I should have celebrated the feast of 2 apostles Saturday, today (as per the more woke version of C of E daily worship.) or tomorrow Either way our two oldest sons share the apostles names and yesterday meat was eaten, wine drunk so it counts as a feast and thanksgiving IMHO. @Krystyna23040 good news on the bluebells and walk. The pork was as good as usual thank you and MIL enjoyed and ate all her meal including the sticky toffee pudding to which she treated herself and JKP. She had her latest booster Friday and is in full planning mode for her forthcoming trip to Wales with No 1 son and his daughter. @dogslife I hope all goes smoothly with the blood tests and the results are what you need for clarity. @dunelm good news on the BBQ not being rained off. @gennepher interesting list of alternative words for depression and thank you for the kaleidoscope. My fbg was disgusting but oddly Swipey confirmed that I'm better off bgwise not eating anything until at least 11.00 am. Hard to see how my bg would fall by .4 in 3 hrs so initial level may have been an error. . Stay safe, huddle around the outdoor woodburner and munch on bossterism cakes if in the UK. For those in other countries we'll take all the what did you expect lectures and sympathy with good grace.
Thank you @ianpspurs - the BBQ went swimmingly but not a drop of water in sight.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.6

Shadow was out there, and locked her eyes with mine, when I opened my eyes at 4 am. Fortunately I didn't need to wake up slowly this morning. Some days I open my eyes and I need to wake up very slowly with a lot of thinking and meditation. Other days I am bright and chirpy and can start the day right off (if my body obeys me when I want to move!).

I don't know what the urgency was this morning for Shadow, but she ate her wet food quickly, and shot off.

Yesterday, I had noticed as I had noticed on other days, that Shadow must be sleeping very closely, because I only have to put the key in the door for her to arrive as if by magic, covered in dust and cobwebs. And she is still rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. So yesterday I followed Shadow round the garden as she investigated every nook and cranny. Then I blinked and she was gone.

I suppose a secret hiding place is just that, a secret hiding place! But it is in my garden somewhere.

The birds all seem to listen for that key turning in the door as well, and they all fly in for food and peanuts when I open it.

Long haired black cat is back, 6.30 am, eating cautiously. His eyes are locked with mine also! Then he licks his nose and decides I am a friend...

Creative today is another apple blossom, this is the cooking apple tree, in a kaleidoscope, Laboscope app.

The early fruit tree blossoms are fading fast, and for the first time in a few years the wind hasn't blown them off. The cooking apple tree gives me apples at end of October, right to the end of November. That will be useful for my dehydrater, which I haven't tried out yet. I am still studying it and watching YouTube on it.

Time for another coffee...

Weather app says rain and light wind...and long haired black cat has polished off 3 bowls of wet cat food, and is now demolishing the dry food bowl. I haven't seen him for a few days, so maybe he is stocking up for a road trip and will be back in a few days...he is eating his 4 course breakfast very slowly, chewing and digesting each mouthful in a leisurely manner...oops, along has come Manky Ginger right up to the food bowl, inches from long haired black stray who has his ears back, but long haired black stray is NOT relinquishing even those last dry cat biscuits. Long haired black stray is guarding that last bit of food until he can eat the last bit. Manky Ginger doesn't even put his ears back or do any aggressive body language and walks away as if the Long Haired Black Cat means nothing to him....Manky Ginger knows more food will appear as if by magic...

View attachment 54396
Blimey, it’s all going on at the all you can eat diner. Thank you for the cooking apples and I hope that you have a bumper crop in the autumn.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on an overcast start here in the dark and dangerous north
Tidy up time yesterday and then people heading off in various cars. Two great nieces asked to travel with us and were chomping at the bit when we left (we are always last to leave after a final check when everyone has departed). Still, they got a free lunch of their own choosing when we stopped in Corbridge for a break. Girl in the bubble to pick up from nursery later this morning and then who knows.
Art bit - a tree that I saw over the weekend. Hope you all had a pleasant valley Monday. Best get some koffy before anyone else stirs.

upload_2022-5-3_7-25-39.jpeg

Reactions: dogslife

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lovely Huckleberry bush and the lady in the box trick, reappearing from stage left.
Blimey, it’s all going on at the all you can eat diner. Thank you for the cooking apples and I hope that you have a bumper crop in the autumn.
Thanks @dunelm
It is appearing very much enter stage left, reappear stage right, and other directions and dimensions, among all the cats at the moment, with Shadow and her lashing tail doing her best Brian Rix impersonations at this minute....

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on an overcast start here in the dark and dangerous north
Tidy up time yesterday and then people heading off in various cars. Two great nieces asked to travel with us and were chomping at the bit when we left (we are always last to leave after a final check when everyone has departed). Still, they got a free lunch of their own choosing when we stopped in Corbridge for a break. Girl in the bubble to pick up from nursery later this morning and then who knows.
Art bit - a tree that I saw over the weekend. Hope you all had a pleasant valley Monday. Best get some koffy before anyone else stirs.

View attachment 54398
That is a magnificent tree @dunelm
Like it very much.
Someone has to do the final check and leave last!
It's usually me doing the last check when everyone else has disappeared in their modes of transport...
I always find it a bit spooky being the last to leave...

Reactions: dunelm

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Like it very much.
It's usually me doing the last check when everyone else has disappeared in their modes of transport...
@gennepher I feel exactly the same when I am the last to leave from my venue in Norwich. The building is large and very spooky as I check all the doors and windows are locked. The winter is worse of course because the building is so dark.

Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning. Admin took so long yesterday. Why is there always more to do than you thought there was originally.

Have just programmed my new coffee machine so that Mr K 's latte is much more frothy.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Like it very much.
Thank you @gennepher. The place that we stayed in was originally a private school in Victorian times so a bit spooky when everyone had left.
upload_2022-5-3_9-49-28.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings everyone on May 3rd which the BCP feels should be the day I/we feast for those 2 Apostles. Swoon sisters (adapted, less fiery) Pablo's chicken surely counts as meat for a feast? There may even be wine. Long odds punt on Elsie's effectiveness limped home at 6.2 this morning then oddly only rose by .1 after 2.5 hrs sitting. This may explain a very odd postprandial reading last evening. @dunelm thank you for the tree - Beatree was a very demeaning name for one particular dance student back in the day, sorry but that art reminded me. @gennepher another wonderful Tale of The Bungalow Garden and quite possibly The Kaleidoscope for the Ages/GOAT (Greatest of All Time). @Krystyna23040 I was wondering when you'd get round to sorting those settings for Mr K:D @Jojo85 I eagerly await you being the first to greet us with May the 4th be with you
BVl0PQBRuzFeMqFcc97RX0h90l36ukwPMMyInH-iJerRV_SFulWPWBNX_VAmjnh6zlMe724atK1dih3FSKt3lH6cPu7sU8TuSPIlpvJfBzE6n-J5weyC_OwtchRf1Lk4QOoYmTJD
:woot:. Stay safe people and like all sad gamblers I'm putting all my money on Elsie again - no Voldemort, they never learn.:banghead: Well, some might be doing so slowly according to opinion polls:woot:

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings everyone on May 3rd which the BCP feels should be the day I/we feast for those 2 Apostles. Swoon sisters (adapted, less fiery) Pablo's chicken surely counts as meat for a feast? There may even be wine. Long odds punt on Elsie's effectiveness limped home at 6.2 this morning then oddly only rose by .1 after 2.5 hrs sitting. This may explain a very odd postprandial reading last evening. @dunelm thank you for the tree - Beatree was a very demeaning name for one particular dance student back in the day, sorry but that art reminded me. @gennepher another wonderful Tale of The Bungalow Garden and quite possibly The Kaleidoscope for the Ages/GOAT (Greatest of All Time). @Krystyna23040 I was wondering when you's get round to sorting those settings for Mr K:D @Jojo85 I eagerly await you being the first to greet us with May the 4th be with you
BVl0PQBRuzFeMqFcc97RX0h90l36ukwPMMyInH-iJerRV_SFulWPWBNX_VAmjnh6zlMe724atK1dih3FSKt3lH6cPu7sU8TuSPIlpvJfBzE6n-J5weyC_OwtchRf1Lk4QOoYmTJD
:woot:. Stay safe people and like all sad gamblers I'm putting all my money on Elsie again - no Voldemort, they never learn.:banghead: Well, some might be doing so slowly according tom opinion polls:woot:
Thanks @ianpspurs and I have saved the recipe for the chicken. Blast that paracetamol - can’t a chap take a pain killer without having his blood glucose monitor sent haywire.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 this morning. Admin took so long yesterday. Why is there always more to do than you thought there was originally.

Have just programmed my new coffee machine so that Mr K 's latte is much more frothy.
Coffee machine sounds good...I like froth...
I have never had a coffee machine @Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was wondering when you's get round to sorting those settings for Mr K
I tried initially to do the settings without looking at the instruction book. Today I decided to check the instructions. Who would of thought that reading the instruction book would have made such a difference. Of course you should only look at the instruction book when all else fails.