What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Afternoon all
Bloods this morning were 5.6

Blood tests done at last. Thanks for the hugs.
Stay safe all.
Hopefully back to normal abnormal as me, me’s and myself life can be.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a so far part cloudy, part blue streak start here in the dark and dangerous north
I made the mistake of tuning in to Daily Politics yesterday - dear me. And to think that I used to enjoy that programme - prior covid of course. Ah well, we were never meant to be involved inI do like your tree @dunelm all the worlds ills. Another bit of telly not to watch - like Crossroads, Coronation Street or that other propaganda thing about life near a London pub. We are losing yet more shrubbery - the Knights that go ‘Ni’ will be upset but the borders in the back garden are sorely overgrown and Mrs Miggins is a dab hand at chopping stuff up - far more interesting to watch than a shredder (note: don’t search for machinery online, you know it will all go pear shaped). Today is pluck the heads off the tulips day and not Star Wars Day as some may think.
Art bit - another tree spotted lurking in a Scottish field. May the forth be with you on this auspicious day. I simply must have koffy.

View attachment 54408
I do love your tree @dunelm . It is very elegant.

Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 this morning. Because I was complaining about the really small, and very faint, writing in the coffee machine instruction book Mr K bought me a surprise present - a lovely little magnifying glass with a light.

I think it will be really useful as I often struggle to read really small writing on things.

My Norwich venue is a polling station today so I will just run the evening classes on.Zoom. - which makes it a really easy day.

Dog walk first then off to Aldi.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

That stray long haired black cat has a bottomless pit for a stomach. For two days running it has eaten two bowls of dry biscuits, and six bowls of wet cat food....
And then it sat on guard until it found enough room in its stomach to lick every bowl squeaky clean...

Some new customers to gennepher's cat diner early evening last night as I was about to pack up the cat diner. Two blackbirds, one female and one male. They were not my usual Mr&Mrs Blackbird, but were an older pair of blackbirds. They both looked careworn and undernourished, and were smaller than my pair of blackbirds. The male came n first and flew away. Then the female came in, and stayed on the ground, even though I had gone out. She looked at me, and then picked up a cat biscuit from the cat bowl, but it was too big for her smaller mouth, and she dropped it. (My slightly larger pair of blackbirds have no problem with the cat biscuits I put out for the cats, but it was never intended for the birds). She looked at me and flew off. It was getting dark.

So, this morning I put some smaller, softer cat biscuits out for this careworn female (should she come back) on the tiny circular bird table (an old concave uplighter), as well as some peanuts and mealy worms and raisins. I was hoping Mr Magpie wouldn't discover them first, but he went straight for the cat bowl of salmon cat pate, and took a huge chunk away. Then in came the old careworn female blackbird to the tiny bird table. She ate, and then stuffed a lot in her mouth and flew away.

Job done, no dissatisfied customers now.

Creative is a kaleidoscope in Laboscope of my pink scented lilac. Some yellow archangel has crept in on the edge.
I will take more cuttings from the pink lilac because it flowers for quite a long time.
Shadow is on guard as usual.

Time for a coffee...

image.jpeg

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.0 this morning. Because I was complaining about the really small, and very faint, writing in the coffee machine instruction book Mr K bought me a surprise present - a lovely little magnifying glass with a light.

I think it will be really useful as I often struggle to read really small writing on things.

My Norwich venue is a polling station today so I will just run the evening classes on.Zoom. - which makes it a really easy day.

Dog walk first then off to Aldi.
That was a good idea @Krystyna23040 getting that present of the magnifying glass.
What I do (but I don't usually follow instructions), is photograph them and enlarge the phone/iPad screen...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

That stray long haired black cat has a bottomless pit for a stomach. For two days running it has eaten two bowls of dry biscuits, and six bowls of wet cat food....
And then it sat on guard until it found enough room in its stomach to lick every bowl squeaky clean...

Some new customers to gennepher's cat diner early evening last night as I was about to pack up the cat diner. Two blackbirds, one female and one male. They were not my usual Mr&Mrs Blackbird, but were an older pair of blackbirds. They both looked careworn and undernourished, and were smaller than my pair of blackbirds. The male came n first and flew away. Then the female came in, and stayed on the ground, even though I had gone out. She looked at me, and then picked up a cat biscuit from the cat bowl, but it was too big for her smaller mouth, and she dropped it. (My slightly larger pair of blackbirds have no problem with the cat biscuits I put out for the cats, but it was never intended for the birds). She looked at me and flew off. It was getting dark.

So, this morning I put some smaller, softer cat biscuits out for this careworn female (should she come back) on the tiny circular bird table (an old concave uplighter), as well as some peanuts and mealy worms and raisins. I was hoping Mr Magpie wouldn't discover them first, but he went straight for the cat bowl of salmon cat pate, and took a huge chunk away. Then in came the old careworn female blackbird to the tiny bird table. She ate, and then stuffed a lot in her mouth and flew away.

Creative is a kaleidoscope in Laboscope of my pink scented lilac. Some yellow archangel has crept in on the edge.
I will take more cuttings from the pink lilac because it flowers for quite a long time.

Time for a coffee...

View attachment 54413
Oh dear we seem to have a belly bully at the cat diner or perhaps just feeding up. Thank you for the lilacs and archangel, smashing kaleidoscope

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on what could turn out to be a smashing day here in the dark and dangerous north
I tiptoed through the tulips yesterday, doing a bit of Red Queen, “off with their heads” before he seed heads nick all the nourishment needed by the bulbs. Unfortunately this meant wading through a bit of shrubbery and now my legs look as though they took part in The Battle Of The Cat Diner. Bins out, but no sign yet of the bin lorry cavalcade. Why is it that at a certain age, the first thing you do when the word ‘packing’ pops into your head is start filling pill dispensers and scrounging around for potions and ligaments. Dinner tonight with eldest grandchildren.
Art bit - three trees, hope you all have a pleasant if not wonderful day. My koffy is brewing, do excuse me.

upload_2022-5-5_7-53-34.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on what could turn out to be a smashing day here in the dark and dangerous north
I tiptoed through the tulips yesterday, doing a bit of Red Queen, “off with their heads” before he seed heads nick all the nourishment needed by the bulbs. Unfortunately this meant wading through a bit of shrubbery and now my legs look as though they took part in The Battle Of The Cat Diner. Bins out, but no sign yet of the bin lorry cavalcade. Why is it that at a certain age, the first thing you do when the word ‘packing’ pops into your head is start filling pill dispensers and scrounging around for potions and ligaments. Dinner tonight with eldest grandchildren.
Art bit - three trees, hope you all have a pleasant if not wonderful day. My koffy is brewing, do excuse me.

View attachment 54414

A fun muddy morning :)

Beautiful delicate trees @dunelm
Very springlike...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello to all. I put a cross by Thursday May 5th since none of the above was standing. I know what Swipey showed which is more a reflection of something other than diet and will remain so for some time. Bedtime was 5.1. Meals give a minimal rise or a slight fall. There was rain yesterday and we are promised a few days of sun and moderate warmth. Three grandchildren today, fourth after school pickup with two until at least after 7.00 p,m. @dunelm take care of those legs and thanks for the art. @gennepher splendid kaleidoscope - I like those colours FWIW- and your Trip Advisor reviews should be wonderful. Should they be Tweets? @Krystyna23040 my, but Mr K spoils you and enjoy the more leisurely day. Stay safe, remember to vote early and vote often in Eatanswill land.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello to all. I put a cross by Thursday May 5th since none of the above was standing. I know what Swipey showed which is more a reflection of something other than diet and will remain so for some time. Bedtime was 5.1. Meals give a minimal rise or a slight fall. There was rain yesterday and we are promised a few days of sun and moderate warmth. Three grandchildren today, fourth after school pickup with two until at least after 7.00 p,m. @dunelm take care of those legs and thanks for the art. @gennepher splendid kaleidoscope - I like thse colours FWIW- and your Trip Advisor reviews should be wonderful. Should they be Tweets? @Krystyna23040 my, but Mr K spoils you and enjoy the more leisurely day. Stay safe, remember to vote early and vote often in Eatanswill land.
Thanks @ianpspurs
Those reviews are a little too wonderful methinks...

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Time for a coffee...

View attachment 54413
@gennepher so lovely that you are looking after the older blackbird.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello to all. I put a cross by Thursday May 5th since none of the above was standing. I know what Swipey showed which is more a reflection of something other than diet and will remain so for some time. Bedtime was 5.1. Meals give a minimal rise or a slight fall. There was rain yesterday and we are promised a few days of sun and moderate warmth. Three grandchildren today, fourth after school pickup with two until at least after 7.00 p,m. @dunelm take care of those legs and thanks for the art. @gennepher splendid kaleidoscope - I like thse colours FWIW- and your Trip Advisor reviews should be wonderful. Should they be Tweets? @Krystyna23040 my, but Mr K spoils you and enjoy the more leisurely day. Stay safe, remember to vote early and vote often in Eatanswill land.
You are right @ianpspurs Mr K does spoil me. You have got a busy day with the grandchildren. Hope you get a chance to relax.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Late afternoon all.
Bloods this morning were 6.3.
Been doing stuff and wasn’t taken shopping this morning, so earn’t a few brownie points from Mrs J, then as we mere males do promptly lost them, for breathing it seems.
Enjoy your evening all and stay safe.