What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from :Little America where the sky is beautifully clear and an amazing bright blue but the wind makes it bitterly cold. No fbg to report - I must enrich Abbott soon but CUH slip A1cs into some monthly bloods and one must be due soon anyhow. Stressful afternoon for JKP yesterday and busy day today for her and the two local boys. After six months of chasing a solicitor for a completion date (MIL's property) she had a phone call mid afternoon saying the buyer wants to complete today. Local company had arranged to clear the property for free (thought they'd sell most and dispose of the rest) on Sunday - all licences checked - but their van was broken so could she wait?. As no completion date was arranged at that stage no worry - she thought. After several phone calls and a blistering email to a solicitor in Manchester a container is now booked, a builder's van acquired and two large sons booked for a day. Completion on Monday. @dunelm thanks for sharing Mt Toblerone. @Annb what a kind woman you are. @Krystyna23040 good news on all the photos. @gennepher I hope today is less stressful for you @Lamont D I hope today isn't too stressful. Take care.everyone.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. 5.2 this am. Back Pain Clinic called yesterday. 6 monthly check up chat - glad they have my back (woops!). Plumber called in to fit a replacement ball valve just as The Girl In The Bubble turned up and ended up being questioned by the mini inquisitor every 30 seconds about what he was doing. Later, we played some phonics games and practiced letter formations by drawing over the dotty letters - you know the stuff. Only 10 minutes - children soon get bored and there were jigsaw puzzles that she simply had to sort out. Art bit - just wiping a large brush on a bit of paper and this turned up. Thank you brain for making something out of not a lot - lazy me! Hope your Saturday is a happy one. I simply must go and make some koffy.

View attachment 66869
Very effective mountains @dunelm
The Girl in the Bubble will have all the knowledge to fit your next replacement ball valve now...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all from :Little America where the sky is beautifully clear and an amazing bright blue but the wind makes it bitterly cold. No fbg to report - I must enrich Abbott soon but CUH slip A1cs into some monthly bloods and one must be due soon anyhow. Stressful afternoon for JKP yesterday and busy day today for her and the two local boys. After six months of chasing a solicitor for a completion date (MIL's property) she had a phone call mid afternoon saying the buyer wants to complete today. Local company had arranged to clear the property for free (thought they'd sell most and dispose of the rest) on Sunday - all licences checked - but their van was broken so could she wait?. As no completion date was arranged at that stage no worry - she thought. After several phone calls and a blistering email to a solicitor in Manchester a container is now booked, a builder's van acquired and two large sons booked for a day. Completion on Monday. @dunelm thanks for sharing Mt Toblerone. @Annb what a kind woman you are. @Krystyna23040 good news on all the photos. @gennepher I hope today is less stressful for you @Lamont D I hope today isn't too stressful. Take care.everyone.
Thanks @ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

Wildlife nighttime video
Fox & Badgers & Cat
50 secs

Creative..l played on the drawing app I like on the old iPad 2.

It's windy today. The sender of my package sent me a message last night saying it should arrive before 1pm today....no sight of any postman yet...but they are not as reliable as they used to be...

It is hailstoning out there.

Have your best kind of day.

I am having a cuppa watching out for an orange jacket...

IMG_6538.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9

Wildlife nighttime video
Fox & Badgers & Cat
50 secs

It's windy today. The sender of my package sent me a message last night saying it should arrive before 1pm today....no sight of any postman yet...but they are not as reliable as they used to be...

View attachment 66870
I hope you enjoyed the cuppa. Does anyone use tea cups these days? Thanks for sharing the creative which for some bizarre reason triggered this earworm. Even I find living with myself difficult at times so heaven knows how JKP has coped.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope you enjoyed the cuppa. Does anyone use tea cups these days? Thanks for sharing the creative which for some bizarre reason triggered this earworm. Even I find living with myself difficult at times so heaven knows how JKP has coped.
Yes I did thanks @ianpspurs
Just going to have another.
Cuppa sounds better than a mugga tea...
I only have mugs...
Thanks for lyrics...

MY PACKAGE JUST ARRIVED!!!
Postie said he'd had 3 of these scam text messages same as me this last month, and I work for Royal Mail, he said!!!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
cheers mate. Footie is on, ten layers on. With older grandkids. It is really windy and really baltic. Really. @JohnEGreen
BiL has come round to be here for her, told the younger grandkids to come tomorrow.

6.9 cos it's Saturday!
Not much to report, will be back later.

Have a wonderful weekend.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Talking of earworms during my recent sojourn in hospital there was a youngish man who spoke in Jamaican Patois for much of the time and for some reason that triggered for me an earworm that has plagued me since it was this.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Talking of earworms during my recent sojourn in hospital there was a youngish man who spoke in Jamaican Patois for much of the time and for some reason that triggered for me an earworm that has plagued me since it was this.

Brilliant. Very saarf of the river 1981 for me. (David) Roots Rodigan on Capital Radio Saturday evening. Best to claim I never heard of Black Uhuru and have no idea what Semsimiia is. Although I've never used the stuff impossible not to smell it just walking around never mind going in pubs, clubs and some school playgrounds.

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Brilliant. Very saarf of the river 1981 for me. (David) Roots Rodigan on Capital Radio Saturday evening. Best to claim I never heard of Black Uhuru and have no idea what Semsimiia is. Although I've never used the stuff impossible not to smell it just walking around never mind going in pubs, clubs and some school playgrounds.
Yeh David Rodigan loved his interview with Bob Marley.

Omar51

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning from California!
More rain ️ for 4-5 day.
Saturday morning 4.61 mmol/L 83 mg/dL.
Breakfast= 2 eggs omelet with green onions, mushrooms and half slice sourdough bread. Black tea with little milk ( no sugar). Have a nice day everyone

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @ianpspurs - As mt Toblerone doesn’t meet “Swissness” laws, no bears have been included.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9

Wildlife nighttime video
Fox & Badgers & Cat
50 secs

View attachment 66870
Very fairytale (but not of New York). Hope your package arrives today.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning from California!
More rain ️ for 4-5 day.
Saturday morning 4.61 mmol/L 83 mg/dL.
Breakfast= 2 eggs omelet with green onions, mushrooms and half slice sourdough bread. Black tea with little milk ( no sugar). Have a nice day everyone
Nice breakfast. We have friends who live in Calabasas, just outside of LA and they are getting some strange weather.