What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

Wildlife Nighttime video
Lots of animals wandering through, Fox & Cat & Badger
57 secs
It was a windy night and Midnight spent the night indoors
I'm not sure if the badger liked the clashing windchimes!

Creative is a a quick pen squiggle of a man who was leaning against his yellow car, looking at his phone. I was sat in my car a week ago having my cuppa from my flask before I went into the shop and I could see him in my door mirror. Unusually I had a long time to do him, so the feeling of urgency to draw him before he vanished was not there, and it felt odd!!!

Have your best day...

Time for a cuppa.

IMG_6940.jpeg

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you believe that our very rich pm, is accusing you of being part of the sick note culture?

What is better than bacon, lettuce and tomato?

The sun is shining, the blue sky is very blue. The wind has eased a little but still chilly.
but a beautiful day from indoors.

Why would a guy, who has no idea about living in poverty, criticise them openly in a press statement.
Why is he attacking the weak, the vulnerable and the poorest in our country?
Doesn't he realise, how his message is so disgusting, so corrupt, so damaging to not only him, his government, his party, the country and his demolition and destruction of this country.
Typical tories.

The other answer.........

Bacon, lettuce, tomato, with fried eggs and mushrooms.

Have a wonderful weekend.
It’s ballot paper season - time to get tough with some random rants.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

Wildlife Nighttime video
Lots of animals wandering through, Fox & Cat & Badger
57 secs
It was a windy night and Midnight spent the night indoors
I'm not sure if the badger liked the clashing windchimes!

Creative is a a quick pen squiggle of a man who was leaning against his yellow car, looking at his phone. I was sat in my car a week ago having my cuppa from my flask before I went into the shop and I could see him in my door mirror. Unusually I had a long time to do him, so the feeling of urgency to draw him before he vanished was not there, and it felt odd!!!

Have your best day...

Time for a cuppa.

View attachment 67248
These puffa jackets seem popular

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from what just might be a hanging out the washing start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. Hanging out the washing seems to be my new hobby but it’s very sporadic and seasonal. Not the thing to get your teeth into ‘come rain or shine’. A good day yesterday with just shy of 12,000 steps and early dinner out - three course menu but I can really only do two these days. Like the old Queen used to do - as soon as you feel full - put your cutlery down. I did though have three of the wonderfully double cooked chips that were served up in some fancy little bucket thing. What’s that all about? “How did you find your fish, sir?” - well I lifted this lettuce leaf, and there it was! Girl In The Bubble round late afternoon - we went into my art room yesterday and chose some nice, short handled brushes to go with her new watercolour paint set that we found in a shop called Works. The brush that came with it was a bit naff. Art bit - throw some paint onto wet paper - let it dry - try to make something of it. I quite like doing this exercise. Hope your day is a good one. Can you set your mind to make it so? I best make koffy and then hang out this washing. So much excitement!

1713595934179.jpeg

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, all other wannabe pseudo genders, hmmm not sure how two address them, I wonder if they wood find “ it “ offensive?

Blood sugars this morning were 5.4

Is your day an open book? Mine at the moment is firmly closed and will be until Mrs J surfaces from her pit / lair.

Now it’s time for my 10:30 constant cup ov tea. The tea is the constant the time is the variable.

Have the best day you can and if possible perform the “ cancan “ that should bring a smile to someone’s face, oh and also the ambulance a calling, definitely in my case.

Little tip for the day
Don’t worry about spellings. Me, me’s and myself don’t.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all on a bright but windy day with a definite bite to the wind here in Little America. Another unknown fbg day. @dunelm and @gennepher thank you for sharing your art. @Annb @alf_Josiah @dunelm @gennepher @JohnEGreen and @Krystyna23040 thank you for the birthday wishes for JKP. Apologies If I forgot anyone. Hereabouts and generally, I am told, puffa jackets are going out of fashion and full length bench coats and variants thereof - with and without sleeves - are trending for men and women. The women seem to wear the sleeveless ones - basically a full length gilet - more. I have it from a reliable source they are very warm especially with a down coat underneath. Have a spiffing day - not the one with an l.
1713607518045.png

Last edited:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
8.7 both last night (23.45) and this morning (03.45) - I dropped to 3.9 about 20.00 yesterday and took a date to fix it - well and truly it turned out).
Tea x 2 and it is down to 8.4 but will shortly have some Mulligatawny soup for breakfast. That should sort it out.

Builders didn't come yesterday but at least it gave us a chance to sort out some more boxes of stuff. There are still boxes in the loft but they are up on shelves and won't get in the way of the builders putting new insulation down. Always a silver lining.

Omar51

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning!
Happy Saturday morning 4.5 mg/dL .Again same as yesterday. I love Sunny days.
Every now and then I snooze I little on the chair or on car seat and I regret later. I don’t like taking day time naps, it messes up my night sleep.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from what just might be a hanging out the washing start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. Hanging out the washing seems to be my new hobby but it’s very sporadic and seasonal. Not the thing to get your teeth into ‘come rain or shine’. A good day yesterday with just shy of 12,000 steps and early dinner out - three course menu but I can really only do two these days. Like the old Queen used to do - as soon as you feel full - put your cutlery down. I did though have three of the wonderfully double cooked chips that were served up in some fancy little bucket thing. What’s that all about? “How did you find your fish, sir?” - well I lifted this lettuce leaf, and there it was! Girl In The Bubble round late afternoon - we went into my art room yesterday and chose some nice, short handled brushes to go with her new watercolour paint set that we found in a shop called Works. The brush that came with it was a bit naff. Art bit - throw some paint onto wet paper - let it dry - try to make something of it. I quite like doing this exercise. Hope your day is a good one. Can you set your mind to make it so? I best make koffy and then hang out this washing. So much excitement!

View attachment 67249
I like this one very much @dunelm
A lot of drama in it...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all on a bright but windy day with a definite bite to the wind here in Little America. Another unknown fbg day. @dunelm and @gennepher thank you for sharing your art. @Annb @alf_Josiah @dunelm @gennepher @JohnEGreen and @Krystyna23040 thank you for the birthday wishes for JKP. Apologies If I forgot anyone. Hereabouts and generally, I am told, puffa jackets are going out of fashion and full length bench coats and variants thereof - with and without sleeves - are trending for men and women. The women seem to wear the sleeveless ones - basically a full length gilet - more. I have it from a reliable source they are very warm especially with a down coat underneath. Have a spiffing day - not the one with an l.
View attachment 67253
Thanks Ian...
For info on current outerwear your way...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 67253
Thanks @ianpspurs - another fashion piece to avoid.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Feeling pretty rubbish today. Checked BP and BG. BG still just above 7 and BP 163/71. Not as good as a day or so ago, but not enough to make me feel so rubbishy. Must just ignore it and get up and get on. At least the weather is pretty good and pretty calm so Neil has taken a pile of confidential papers to burn outside. That'll be one pile gone.