What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting observations there @gennepher . Like @Krystyna23040 I also like to tweak things to see what works, but often as not I get even more confused!
Yesterday fbg was 6.2 no reason I could think of for the higher than usual number.
This morning it was 5.2 and again I don’t know what I did right this time! In fact I had a bit of a blip and ate some chocolate (100% cocoa stuff) at midnight, this really should have resulted in a higher fbg like it usually does when I have a late night choc-attack.
Not that I’m complaining - far from it but I’ll still try to resist the urge to have chocolate late at night in future.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good moorning all :)

3.9 today

busy day volunteering yesterday after being away for a week and I'm in the charity shop today so probably lots of stair climbing ;) the weather is wet and windy out so it looks like a wooly sweater day.

@ianpspurs good fortune, I'll be holding you in my thoughts

hope your day treats you kindly everyone :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit rushed this morning, infants and other small people charging around, nappies, breakfast, toy ownership disputes, is Peppa Pig preferable than In The Night Garden or Bing - why can’t it just be Andy Pandy?

The wonder wheel of flying pink pigs and tea cups in the park and a lovely, orchestral early morning cacophony returned a 4.9

Best go, koffy - I need some koffy.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.0 today which is acceptable. I have been eating very carefully this week mostly meat free. I do find if I overdo the meat it does raise my numbers. @gennepher very interesting post and thanks for sharing your knowledge completely agree with you and @Krystyna23040 a meter is the most useful tool in this fight. As regards chocolate I comitted a big sin yesterday @DJC3. I was filling up the treat tin (that I dont have access to) with Dark Choc Mint Kit Kats (I just buy whats on offer) and the smell seduced me. This was just before lunch (salad) and 4 hours later my BG was 7.6. Eeek! I thought the two fingers were small and too sweet so that wont be happening again.
@Muddy Cyclist have a great weekend despite the weather. @jjraak good to see your late post you were on my mind. All our thoughts with @ianpspurs today I am sure.
Have a great Friday. Stay well, stay safe, no proroguing!

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. But not politicians, according to the media they are up to their fun and games again, come the revolution, whoops I mean election......

A gentle 6.2 for me and me's this morning, when you have 6 personalities things get a big bowl of confusing.

Because the grandchildren are here my mate chaos and mayhem are in hiding!
Well folks may your day go well and surgeons have steady hands, appointments go well. Have a great day folks.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good moorning all :)

3.9 today

busy day volunteering yesterday after being away for a week and I'm in the charity shop today so probably lots of stair climbing ;) the weather is wet and windy out so it looks like a wooly sweater day.

@ianpspurs good fortune, I'll be holding you in my thoughts

hope your day treats you kindly everyone :)
Thanks @geefull reading and replying to this after pee op checks waiting to be gowned and knocked out. Eerily good vital signs. maybe I should have daily pre op checks.:angelic:

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Been missing in action the last few days, so @ianpspurs good luck with the op, @gennepher sorry for the appointment woes and to @Cumberland for the run of hypo's they are horrible when they get a hold of you. A 9.8 greeted me this morning but after the news we received yesterday I wasn't truly surprised, a very good friend passed away very, very unexpectedly and I'm feeling a little bit "delicate" today and don't really want to adult. I even let the meter of doom rampage around the room and left it to sit and watch. But today is Friday and that means a weekend is on the horizon with things to do and achieve, and adventures to live and memories to make! Hug your loved ones tight, tell them you care and love them and importantly, listen when they have something to tell you. I apologise as I don't mean to be miserable but sometimes things happen that knocks the wind out of your sails, hopefully normal service will be resumed (well my Normal) after I process the news and have a weekend to reflect.

Genuinely please take care everyone.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Interesting observations there @gennepher . Like @Krystyna23040 I also like to tweak things to see what works, but often as not I get even more confused!
Yesterday fbg was 6.2 no reason I could think of for the higher than usual number.
This morning it was 5.2 and again I don’t know what I did right this time! In fact I had a bit of a blip and ate some chocolate (100% cocoa stuff) at midnight, this really should have resulted in a higher fbg like it usually does when I have a late night choc-attack.
Not that I’m complaining - far from it but I’ll still try to resist the urge to have chocolate late at night in future.

Yes @DJC3
I know that feeling of confusion. And then I can easily go awol in my food. And there are times when I haven’t a clue what to do at that point, and I can go into s*d it mode.

Maybe your body was telling you a need it had at midnight. So maybe you did the right thing and had just the quantity of chocolate you needed.

Today I have decided just to eat vegetable protein, simply because no cooking involved and I want to get stuck into outdoors projects today, and cannot be bothered with cooking or washing pots. I have a feeling this is going to be nuts and raspberries and a few grapes, unless I find something else in fridge or cupboard which is no cooking or preparing.

So I shall just see what my readings are today. At least my body will have had a rest from animal proteins.

You have a good day.

>^..^<

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 6.0 today which is acceptable. I have been eating very carefully this week mostly meat free. I do find if I overdo the meat it does raise my numbers. @gennepher very interesting post and thanks for sharing your knowledge completely agree with you and @Krystyna23040 a meter is the most useful tool in this fight. As regards chocolate I comitted a big sin yesterday @DJC3. I was filling up the treat tin (that I dont have access to) with Dark Choc Mint Kit Kats (I just buy whats on offer) and the smell seduced me. This was just before lunch (salad) and 4 hours later my BG was 7.6. Eeek! I thought the two fingers were small and too sweet so that wont be happening again.
@Muddy Cyclist have a great weekend despite the weather. @jjraak good to see your late post you were on my mind. All our thoughts with @ianpspurs today I am sure.
Have a great Friday. Stay well, stay safe, no proroguing!

I am doing an animal protein free day today because I am in the garden doing outdoor projects - easy to nibble nuts and fruits, no preparation or cooking involved.

I know what you mean about dark choc mint kit kats. My friends wave them in front of me saying you can have the dark chocolate with your diabetes. So I say I will just lick the dark chocolate off....next thing I know I have completely sucked out the inside bit as well...aagh...so never again like you!!!

Reactions: SaskiaKC and DJC3

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...despite being up at 8am taking my time posting here...had a leisurely start to my day breakfast coffee & lots of thinking about some hard decisions I've had to take recently...feeling comfortable with my course of action although the last 6/7 weeks have been so upsetting/unsettling...I'm amazed how much of my time has been taken up by some who assumed my time was less valuable than theirs... that sense of entitlement is astounding...friendship/kindness/respect has to be earned not simply expected (and on occasion when necessary reciprocated)...overall things are improving albeit slowly...woke to a 6.2

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am doing an animal protein free day today because I am in the garden doing outdoor projects - easy to nibble nuts and fruits, no preparation or cooking involved.

I know what you mean about dark choc mint kit kats. My friends wave them in front of me saying you can have the dark chocolate with your diabetes. So I say I will just lick the dark chocolate off....next thing I know I have completely sucked out the inside bit as well...aagh...so never again like you!!!

Maybe shouldn’t laugh at this but the mental image I got of you doing that has really tickled me. I agree wholeheartedly with you and @PenguinMum about KitKats - they were my nemesis and I have to try not to even look at one nowadays.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...despite being up at 8am taking my time posting here...had a leisurely start to my day breakfast coffee & lots of thinking about some hard decisions I've had to take recently...feeling comfortable with my course of action although the last 6/7 weeks have been so upsetting/unsettling...I'm amazed how much of my time has been taken up by some who assumed my time was less valuable than theirs... that sense of entitlement is astounding...friendship/kindness/respect has to be earned not simply expected (and on occasion when necessary reciprocated)...overall things are improving albeit slowly...woke to a 6.2

Glad you are getting through the difficult time and your fbg is evidently responding.
My morning was supposed to have included a leisurely coffee too but having put the filter machine on to bubble and gone upstairs to shower - I came down to find the kitchen and cupboards flooded with 2.5 pints of best coffee and the thermos lining to the jug smashed inside it. No idea how it could have happened - I hadn’t dropped it and nobody else was up but it’s ruined my day ( first world problem I know!)

Reactions: HarryBeau

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes @DJC3
I know that feeling of confusion. And then I can easily go awol in my food. And there are times when I haven’t a clue what to do at that point, and I can go into s*d it mode.

Maybe your body was telling you a need it had at midnight. So maybe you did the right thing and had just the quantity of chocolate you needed.

Today I have decided just to eat vegetable protein, simply because no cooking involved and I want to get stuck into outdoors projects today, and cannot be bothered with cooking or washing pots. I have a feeling this is going to be nuts and raspberries and a few grapes, unless I find something else in fridge or cupboard which is no cooking or preparing.

So I shall just see what my readings are today. At least my body will have had a rest from animal proteins.

You have a good day.

>^..^<

Have a lovely relaxing day too Gennepher. Restoring your willow arbour sounds like a gloriously bucolic activity for a summer day. I’m sure it’ll help your bg too.