What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning, everyone. Up before dawn to a 7.1 this morning.
g61142.gif

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and Afternoon also. A little late on this pleasant Thursday.

A 6.1 this morning. I'm saying nuffin' about the behaviour of my meter and it's reading this morning.

Well folks what a day so far, thankfully Mrs J has gone out and left me unsupervised again hehehe.
Are you all getting suited and booted today I am, yes it will seem strange and I think I might have to wash before I go out. Only my second wash of the year, have a great day folks.
Yours Smelly.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
a nice smattering of scores everyone.

welcome back @True Blue
condolences for the bereavement.

@dunelm ..enjoy the trip, the french way seems to agree with you..:D

a nicely rounded 5.6 for me this am.

yesterday was yet another rest day for me,
yet turned into a tech day in the end.

laurens iphone no chargee...cue panic.:woot:.

so i charged up the older versions just in case.
all working well, but she got the iphone working eventually..(must be time to upgrade again..:rolleyes:..:hilarious:)

so with a little nudge from google i updated
windows to 1903..all seems ok so far.

so while at it, the old chromebook is on it's last update.
been a good little buy, not used too often but served well when pushed into service.
grew into google docs etc, openoffice, all sufficed for my needs
( laptop available IF heavy lifting needed )

might buy another or most probably swap Google OS for Cloudready
(updates will lag, but better then no updates /security)
still tempted by a small linux version..(2gb so won't take the big uns too well)

And madams Kindle, got a text from amazon, it's also reaching end of life, so the update MAY have been
done by lauren (probably not) but it's now blank, so maybe a new kindle for her for xmas is on the cards

Off out today..me and our steph..chinatown..wish me luck..:watching:
ribs, duck noodle soup, pak choi...and a beer or two.

So off out, good luck all.
best wishes for a good day.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Woke at 6am to a 3.9 on my.libre! Then at 8.50am after I had been awake for about 50 mins scanned a 5.1. Libre say my average for last 30 days is 5.1. I'm going to try to get that into something starting with a 4. Personal challenge. Loving the Libre.

Today had breakfast out with visitors from Australia. My daughter in laws auntie who has changed her way of eating after listening to things I was saying on my social media. She was on 28 units of insulin twice a day and due to going low carb is now OFF insulin! Her goal is to be off meds completely. She didnt think it was possible before reading about it on my social media. Bitter sweet for me. So sad that people think that meds are for life and nothing can be done but so happy she found a way. She has lost 9kg and looks and feels fantastic. She wants to lose a few more lbs. Her fatty liver is much improved her dr also told her.

For breakfast I had 2 rashers of bacon, scrambled eggs, mushrooms and a sausage. The sausage put up my bs slightly so expect it wasnt 97% meat. Which I buy in. You can see in my graph.

I have posted yesterdays too. Ham salad for dinner did not hardly move my bs. Lunch time was a choc and nut Aldi bar (5.9g) which I took as my back up plan. I was an all day training course for my business at the Imperial Hotel with lunch included. It was as I suspected, sandwiches and chips! I had coffee, asked for cream and got a big jug full all to myself!

It brought back wonderful memories being in this hotel. I booked my mum in for 2 nights for her 70th birthday. The most magnificent hotel you can imagine outside of London. Many years ago. My mum was 74 when she died and that was 13 years ago. She came over from Dublin as a young 20 year old woman. Worked in hospitality all her life, very hard! It didn't pay well. Money was short for my parents, my dad suffered with his mental health and was in and out if work. For holidays they just went back to Dublin to see all her family (9 brother and sisters ). She had never stayed in a hotel! So one night I spent with her there, wining and dining her in the restaurant. And the next night my younger sister took the helm and did the same. Mum loved it. Magical. Memories are made to be treasured.

Back to my graphs.

1st October was a very low carb day. Dinner was ham, cabbage, cauli and broccoli with a bit of English mustard.

Just sharing in case anyone interested. I'm going to be including some in any talks I give.

Hope all good for everyone.

Just taking granddaughter out for an Ice cream at McDonald's. Its freezing but it's what she wants!

Attachments

• 20191003_135411_resized.jpg
    20191003_135411_resized.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 264
  • 20191003_135421_resized.jpg
    20191003_135421_resized.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 251
  • 20191003_135434_resized.jpg
    20191003_135434_resized.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 6.7 today which may be due to me eating more generally due to colder temperatures. Need to check that. Lorenzo is due to hit Ireland between tea today and breakfast tomo so we wont see it till Friday I guess. @HarryBeau I worked on the South Bank in the late 80s early 90s. Your G&T induction sounds fabulous! @OldButBold enjoy your walk and wrap up well. @trick60 amazing fbg enjoy your CoT.
Hope you all have a good Thursday. Stay well, stay safe.

Hi PM, you know cheese on toast is always a winner with me. :)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@jjraak I like it also that we are a little more low profile. Also I really like that we are not confrontational here and no furious arguments occur.

@Debandez I was so tempted to do a swear word test but thought I would leave it to you.

Nearly forgot to post. 5.6 so back to normal.

******! There, did it hahaha see if they suss me out, and if so how long we get before we are rumbled!!!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Couldn't have said it better, if I could 'sticky' a post it would be this one ;)

Sadly it's an automatic bleep-out, humans come along after to smack your hands :)

I agree with @SaskiaKC regarding the likes and stuff, most of the time I don't know which is appropriate in relation to scores. I adopted an 'under 6' is a winner but that doesn't always work, so now I pay more interest to the story. I have to say, as an aspie, you lot are enlightening as far as social interaction goes. I learn a lot and sometimes think I should send more aspies here :):):)

And in todays news... my world of T2 confusion meant I awoke to a 5.6, still taking antib's and steroids. Makes no sense :)

Enjoy the day.
I'm going to carry on as usual. If I feel the giver of scores is happy with theirs it's a winner. If they aren't it's a hug. We all have different goals.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. A very disturbed night with tummy ache mainly on the sofa with Bobs so not surprised a 6.6 at 08.00. But context is everything. It is important I think to understand and respect that we all have our desired levels and I think our friendship group does that. Loving the latest emoticons @SaskiaKC and @gennepher. clever and very funny. @OldButBold hope the meds are doing their thing and you are taking it easy. @ianpspurs sorry about last night I well understand how these things affect wellbeing. @Debandez you are like a whirlwind, cooking for BIL, painting, trying to get the DN on side and Eric is indeed a prince among princes. @karen8967 enjoy your day with your grandson. @True Blue condolences for the family bereavement ...hope you get out on the water to sing sea shanties soon. @HarryBeau sounds like an exhausting day and hug for the cramps.
Well wrap up warm everyone. Nice to see the sun again even if its a brief visit before Lorenzo gets here. A quiet day for me. Stay well, stay safe.
I think @SaskiaKC needs more of a challenge for emoticons. Everything I've thrown her way has been dealt with easily. So try this one for size:

A little man dressed in red sitting on a yellow bicycle holding a green balloon whistling Dixie :)
My money is on saschiakc finding just this!!!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm 'fudging' tempted too Krystyna
Frack off :) just giving you an update as to what's happening in my neck of the woods! Quadrilla have fracked off!!! After a 2.9 earthquake that shook many of our houses! About fracking time (am I pushing my luck here??!!!).

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and Afternoon also. A little late on this pleasant Thursday.

A 6.1 this morning. I'm saying nuffin' about the behaviour of my meter and it's reading this morning.

Well folks what a day so far, thankfully Mrs J has gone out and left me unsupervised again hehehe.
Are you all getting suited and booted today I am, yes it will seem strange and I think I might have to wash before I go out. Only my second wash of the year, have a great day folks.
Yours Smelly.
I had my first bath of the year last night!!! I'm not even joking!!!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
a nice smattering of scores everyone.

welcome back @True Blue
condolences for the bereavement.

@dunelm ..enjoy the trip, the french way seems to agree with you..:D

a nicely rounded 5.6 for me this am.

yesterday was yet another rest day for me,
yet turned into a tech day in the end.

laurens iphone no chargee...cue panic.:woot:.

so i charged up the older versions just in case.
all working well, but she got the iphone working eventually..(must be time to upgrade again..:rolleyes:..:hilarious:)

so with a little nudge from google i updated
windows to 1903..all seems ok so far.

so while at it, the old chromebook is on it's last update.
been a good little buy, not used too often but served well when pushed into service.
grew into google docs etc, openoffice, all sufficed for my needs
( laptop available IF heavy lifting needed )

might buy another or most probably swap Google OS for Cloudready
(updates will lag, but better then no updates /security)
still tempted by a small linux version..(2gb so won't take the big uns too well)

And madams Kindle, got a text from amazon, it's also reaching end of life, so the update MAY have been
done by lauren (probably not) but it's now blank, so maybe a new kindle for her for xmas is on the cards

Off out today..me and our steph..chinatown..wish me luck..:watching:
ribs, duck noodle soup, pak choi...and a beer or two.

So off out, good luck all.
best wishes for a good day.

Can you translate that into English (throws head back laughing!!) You are very clever.

Reactions: geefull

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thursday November 14th is world diabetes day.

I'm thinking we could do something collectively re putting together a petition. Handing it in to 10 downing street! No idea if I could get this off the ground or how successful it would be but it would certainly raise awareness.

Petition to
1) offer prediabetics and diabetics lchf advice
2) dont offer hclf advice
3) testing kits to be available on prescriptions

@jjraak as you are the man when I comes to IT, have you any ideas?

Anyone else any ideas? @HarryBeau what do you think?

I'm.on a few diabetes forums, then there is Twitter etc we could do this I'm sure of it.

Reactions: Krystyna23040