What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you PM I hadn't seen them when I reserved them...any kitten would be gorgeous but they do look beautiful...TBH now I'm not sure which is Charlie & which is Lola I did have it written down on a card that has been misplaced...cant wait to get them home.
Lol I assumed the black & white was Charlie and the tabby was Lola. Funny after my comments if its the other way round. Will have to apologise to Charlie big time :cat:

Reactions: HarryBeau

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
those photos are great, are they beech trees? Gorgeous at this time of year.
Yes mainly, although where Mrs MC is walking I think they are Limes.

Also welcome to the 6 club, I have given up trying to understand why, how and what makes this happen. I have logs for every meal, Pre Bed and Fasting going back to my diagnosis in April and just when I think I am beginning to understand, Dracula confounds me. I have been thinking of creating an excel spread sheet but am now not sure that will help. @ianpspurs has asked for information and I would love to help but my data seems so illogical I don't think I can. We are all at sea without a paddle. I just have to believe that what I/we are all doing somehow is holding the terrors of Tyoe2 at bay.

Car passed MOT yippee!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Poor Dennis he has been through it but he is lucky to have such a considerate loving human/s...yes it seems very empty here without Churchill can't wait for them to arrive now.

It’s giving me a warm fuzzy feeling just thinking about the happiness that you, Charlie and Lola will give each other. Pets really make a house into a home.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes mainly, although where Mrs MC is walking I think they are Limes.

Also welcome to the 6 club, I have given up trying to understand why, how and what makes this happen. I have logs for every meal, Pre Bed and Fasting going back to my diagnosis in April and just when I think I am beginning to understand, Dracula confounds me. I have been thinking of creating an excel spread sheet but am now not sure that will help. @ianpspurs has asked for information and I would love to help but my data seems so illogical I don't think I can. We are all at sea without a paddle. I just have to believe that what I/we are all doing somehow is holding the terrors of Tyoe2 at bay.

Car passed MOT yippee!

I completely agree with your summing up of the illogicality of this condition. I do the same - think I’ve got it sussed then it all turns around and numbers go up as if laughing at my complacency. I know it’d be a lot worse if I had carried on the way I was though.
At least the car MOT is good news!

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I completely agree with your summing up of the illogicality of this condition. I do the same - think I’ve got it sussed then it all turns around and numbers go up as if laughing at my complacency. I know it’d be a lot worse if I had carried on the way I was though.
At least the car MOT is good news!
This is what is so good about the forum, we are not left feeling such alone and so we don't give up. I agree without some control I would have probably ended up like my poor mom with her Type 2, she had such poor health and neuropathy. Life ain't so bad just gotta make sure to keep on top of Type 2 and duck and dive through all the rest.

Reactions: DJC3 and SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks, how is the guitar playing going?

Thank you for asking. :)

TBH, it isn't. I've been feeling under the weather the past couple of days so haven't really been feeling up to playing, let alone singing. Hopefully these digestive issues will go away once I figure out how to eat for my whole body and not just my FBG.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just got my A1C and other results back from yesterday's doctor's appointment. A1C is 6.0, which I think equals .3? That's what the online converter said but it doesn't look right to me compared to others' numbers I've seen on here, IIRC. "Estimated Average Glucose" is 126, which equals 7.0, which fits with my readings over the past 3 months. Vitamin D3 levels are at the lowest extreme of the chart's levels, so I guess I will start taking D3 supplements again. Need to get more sun too! (Need to move to the beach, Doc!
t4102.gif
)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for asking. :)

TBH, it isn't. I've been feeling under the weather the past couple of days so haven't really been feeling up to playing, let alone singing. Hopefully these digestive issues will go away once I figure out how to eat for my whole body and not just my FBG.
Oh that's not good, it's so difficult getting the right balance of food under the LCHF, hope you manage soon and feel better. We have been fighting coldes, so far managed to sing through most gigs but have quite a lot between now and Christmas and the colds hover. My old mom used to say "Feed a cold and starve a fever" and so lots of snacking on cheese and nuts, not that I ever put any weight on these days.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just got my A1C and other results back from yesterday's doctor's appointment. A1C is 6.0, which I think equals .3? That's what the online converter said but it doesn't look right to me compared to others' numbers I've seen on here, IIRC. "Estimated Average Glucose" is 126, which equals 7.0, which fits with my readings over the past 3 months. Vitamin D3 levels are at the lowest extreme of the chart's levels, so I guess I will start taking D3 supplements again. Need to get more sun too! (Need to move to the beach, Doc!
t4102.gif
)
Hi Saskia please dont stress about your results...you are doing your absolute best to balance everything. I dont understand the conversions with here but I am always of tbe opinion if us folk are really trying our best then thats good enough. Nothing in health is ever guaranteed but if we try hard then thats the thing. Fairly easy to take vits (other than vit c in my case) so dont worry. I dont think you should fret at all. :cat:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Saskia please dont stress about your results...you are doing your absolute best to balance everything. I dont understand the conversions with here but I am always of tbe opinion if us folk are really trying our best then thats good enough. Nothing in health is ever guaranteed but if we try hard then thats the thing. Fairly easy to take vits (other than vit c in my case) so dont worry. I dont think you should fret at all. :cat:

Thank you. :)
I hope you will get a helpful reply to your letter.
^. .^

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. :)
I hope you will get a helpful reply to your letter.
^. .^
Ha funny thing happened with Bobs and Daisy today. I topped up the tins of tuna at the store and when I opened one for lunch discovered it was in oil rather than spring water. Drained it off and put some in their dishes but howls of complaint and looks that could melt glaciers. Anyway left it so but by teatime it wasnt touched and I was begged for mercy so obs gave in and opened preferred tuna. Smacking of lips and purrs ensued and empty bowls. Btw they ate not fussy or spoiled :cat:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
t4102.gif
)

Well if i understand it, @SaskiaKC .
your A1c is a percentage..6%..which converts to the more common over here HBA1c of Mmol..aka 42.1
on the cusp of prediabetic.
which at the meter end would be 7.0 mmol (126 mg/dl )

as for moving to the beach..Nice.
but otherwise it's D3 supplements and i do hear tell that the D3 is of little use without K2 being a part of it.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
t4102.gif
)

I agree with @PenguinMum we are all doing the best we can and we all have different physical and mental issues going on at the same time as dealing with diabetes. I also think that the normal baseline differs from person to person. My HbA1c is similar to yours (40 or 5.8) and I also have low vit D3 levels. I think Vit D is linked to insulin resistance somehow but I can’t remember where I read that. I started taking a supplement yesterday as spending all summer outside in short sleeves barely raised it at all, and I eat a fair amount of D rich foods. We will continue to try our best, it’s all we can do, meanwhile may I come and share your beach hut?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ha funny thing happened with Bobs and Daisy today. I topped up the tins of tuna at the store and when I opened one for lunch discovered it was in oil rather than spring water. Drained it off and put some in their dishes but howls of complaint and looks that could melt glaciers. Anyway left it so but by teatime it wasnt touched and I was begged for mercy so obs gave in and opened preferred tuna. Smacking of lips and purrs ensued and empty bowls. Btw they ate not fussy or spoiled :cat:

LOL I agree, not fussy or spoiled at all! And neither is the KittenCat. :cat::cat::cat:
You are a great catmum.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well if i understand it, @SaskiaKC .
your A1c is a percentage..6%..which converts to the more common over here HBA1c of Mmol..aka 42.1
on the cusp of prediabetic.
which at the meter end would be 7.0 mmol (126 mg/dl )

as for moving to the beach..Nice.
but otherwise it's D3 supplements and i do hear tell that the D3 is of little use without K2 being a part of it.

Thanks, @jjraak . I didn't know about the K2 so I'm glad you mentioned it. I just got a reply from my doctor about the Vitamin D -- the test didn't measure D3 specifically so she recommended either D2 or D3. It confused me because another doctor told me several years ago about my specifically D3 levels being very low.

Too much for me, I just remember growing up on the phrase "Sunshine Vitamin D" being advertised on TV as in some food -- I think it's in milk, but I think this may have been something else as well. I already take a multivitamin, but not every day.

Reactions: DJC3 and HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was so pleased with the way I ate last Sunday -- meatballs and a salad that included some chicken -- until Sunday night, which was sleepless because of stomach pain, followed by a Monday of stomach upset that kept me home all day.

Yesterday (Tuesday) after my doctor's appointment I ate very badly -- at McDonald's -- and something that else that woke me up early this morning with horrible heartburn. I deserved that -- and hopefully the memory will keep me out of McDonald's in the future, despite the fact that the McRib is back. :(

I'm back to wanting something similar to what I wished for last year -- some sort of 1950s astronaut meal-in-a-tube, "Diabetic Formula #3," etc. Just uncap and squeeze, like the KittenCat's hairball remedy.

Reactions: DJC3