What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...what a frustrating evening...went to bed late (3am) was dog tired thought I'd nod off instantly...no...found myself doing the cramp dance from then until 4:30 when I finally nodded off on the sofa...woke at 07:30 off to bed...up at 11am a parcel arrived had a coffee..feeling better than I have been but my cold has surfaced full throttle alongside a hacking cough...will be staying at home today with the heating on possibly venture out on a little walk with 'Plumpy' in need of some fresh air I'll see how I feel...no testing today pointless as I am still taking as much cold/cough cure as I'm allowed.

Reactions: dunelm

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I could not resist and although lots of aches from MIL carpet day yesterday I jumped on bike and went a not so muddy but freezing bike ride, wonderful although some of the rocks and roots on the technical trail saw me being a bit more careful than usual, survived all be it with very cold toes.

Interestingly, my BG readings were 5.2 on getting up, 6.7 two hours after breakfast, 5.8 after a 2.5 hour Mountain Bike Ride. I have no idea what this tells me about where I am with this Type 2, I'm just guessing I need more Low 5 readings to achieve a HbA1c below 42. The mysteries and wonders of our bodies!
Edit....breakfast consisted of 4 grams of carbs.

Trees still holding onto their leaves although lots of freshly fallen ones after the frost, so inspired I'm off to do some watercolour painting.

Stay warm.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It was lovely. We have just bought a multicooker which is a slow cooker plus pressure cooker so have been experimenting with slow cooking meat. The brisket was beyond delicious. You can even brown the meat in it before you slow cook it which made it even tastier.

The only problem is that it has so many settings that you almost have to be a tech genius to work it - which we are definitely not. The pressure cooker function is great for bone broth.
Sounds good - which brand did you go for - we only have an old slow cooker and are dithering about.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...what a frustrating evening...went to bed late (3am) was dog tired thought I'd nod off instantly...no...found myself doing the cramp dance from then until 4:30 when I finally nodded off on the sofa...woke at 07:30 off to bed...up at 11am a parcel arrived had a coffee..feeling better than I have been but my cold has surfaced full throttle alongside a hacking cough...will be staying at home today with the heating on possibly venture out on a little walk with 'Plumpy' in need of some fresh air I'll see how I feel...no testing today pointless as I am still taking as much cold/cough cure as I'm allowed.
Oh dear that dosnt sound good at all, you poor girl. Its like one of those ‘boomerang’ viruses. Sending hugs.

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Debandez thank you for the kitty video. I love how the tabby slept on even with the ginger-white practically sitting on his head -- also the rooster? in the background not even waking him up!
Happy birthday to Eric, and Congratulations on your checkup. I wish my LDL would do that on LCHF -- I've said I wanted to try it again between now and my next A1C appointment, and today I plan to start off as low-carb as I can.

I love the Advent calendar -- especially the ginger kitty sleeping on top of the TV. ^. .^

@dunelm Happy Birthday and welcome to the new little one. Congratulations to you and to her mother! The way I see 18 November in my head is 11/18, which when I think about it is a lovely historical and peaceful date on which to be born, peace and triumph and hope.

@PenguinMum thank you for your encouraging words.

@ianpspurs Psalm 42:5 is very appropriate for me to keep in mind after yesterday. Some days I go out for my own good, then come home thinking I'd have been better off just staying in here.

@gennepher Yes, I think the passage in the novel is a gentle nudge from above that my "trials and tribulations" are not forgotten and neither am I in the midst of them.

No FBG this morning as after only about 4 hours sleep it would hardly count as an F BG and after last night's late supper it would probably be high so why waste the lancet and strip? "Stay me with coffee, comfort me with sausages, for I am sick of carbs" ... or, even more appropriate -- "Stay me and comfort me with a purring KittenCat ... " ^. .^

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I'm glad you are able to stay home today. Hugs, and hopes that this cold will go away and leave you feeling better and without that cough.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh dear that dosnt sound good at all, you poor girl. Its like one of those ‘boomerang’ viruses. Sending hugs.
I am better than I was PM...I had a feeling the cough/cold was waiting in the background but hoped I could avoid it...yesterday was tricky...taken so much flu/cold stuff had a well dodgy tummy shortly after arriving home...the positives fortunately I'd got home in time to dash to the bathroom...I'm warm & don't have to go out unnecessarily...I'm hopeful this flu will have run it's course by the weekend...had an update on the kittens they have been poorly nothing disastrous just late in the year for kittens...they are much on the mend & we are still on course for the end of the month/beginning of next month...as a result of their struggle they will feature in Wood Greens promotion...so watch this space.

Last edited:
Reactions: UserABC2021

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't normally post my mid-day BG, however, following my 6.3 starter I had 2 (yes 2) crumpets before clearing the leaves in the garden and then going for a mile walk. Right now I'm 4.9, checked it twice (first was 4.6)... and that's why I'm posting :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How do you know you've been watching too many episodes of Blue Bloods and reading too many Mercedes Lackey novels?

When you start dreaming that Valdemar is holding its annual convention in Herald Square.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@SaskiaKC hug for the loss of sleep, hope you can have a snooze with the KC to compensate. To LC or not to LC that is the question....and how low. Personally I am very reactive to carbs so try to stay around 30g or under each day. But sometimes I get sidetracked like most people (often involving the peanut butter jar) ;) We can only do our best most of the time. Take care.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
HarryBeau im exactly the same had this head cold for weeks now as well as the cough cant seem to shift it sending big hugs x

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had 2 (yes 2) crumpets before clearing the leaves in the garden
Good for you OBB there are the odd times when you just need something...if I had crumpets this morning likely I'd have eaten the whole pack...for lunch I am having a shepherds pie...comfort food to comfort me...although still thinking about those crumpets with lashings of butter gently dissolving and filling all those little pot holes across the top...and dang good score!

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
HarryBeau im exactly the same had this head cold for weeks now as well as the cough cant seem to shift it sending big hugs x
Thanks Karen I've only had this just over a week & it has knocked me flat...convinced I had a full on bout of flu...now just the residue of a cough & cold to deal with...poor you I'd go mad having to contend with it for weeks...maybe a silly question have you tired hot toddies?...hope you shift it soon it just becomes exhausting doesn't it.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher ..love that pic.
one of my highlights each trip IS just lazing in a chair late at night on the beach
doing nothing more then lgazing up at an un light polluted sky and being in awe at just how small and insignificant most of our troubles are, when you look up at the Majesty of the Heavens.

@ianpspurs , nice to hear the hols / training going well.
PT at gym went through a few exercises with my Lauren at first inductions too
still got to get into mine, too used to just getting on and doing, sadly....:rolleyes:

@johnpol great to see you back in better numbers,
and @HarryBeau wonderful to hear your back to close to well, have a safe journey.
@alf_Josiah good levels again, my friend... Mayhem seems to agree with you..:D
maybe Chaos is the fly in the ointment..:bag:

@mojo37 a nice steady stream of scores

Aw @trick60 ..heart breaking when the youngers are having a hard time and we can't JUST take it away from them

and @Muddy Cyclist ..ooh i don't envy you today..sorry..little positive to say.
except..it's not ME doing it...;):hilarious:

have a good un all.

off out to find myself..:D
Thank you :)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 6.2 at 07.30 disappointed after a very careful day of food yesterday. I did wake from a nightmare with my heart racing..can we add that to the list of things to raise bg, I wonder. @dunelm congrats to you all on the new baby girl. @ianpspurs everything about your holiday hotel sounds blissful. @OldButBold I wish I could say it was the end of the garden refuse here, its still very much ongoing and leaves, leaves, leaves.
@Debandez happy birthday to Eric and enjoy your double celebration. @SaskiaKC and @gennepher dont ever give up on your dreams, they just might come true.
Have a great Tuesday all. Stay well, stay safe.
Don't be disappointed it is still a good number and so many things can affect BG readings .

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't normally post my mid-day BG, however, following my 6.3 starter I had 2 (yes 2) crumpets before clearing the leaves in the garden and then going for a mile walk. Right now I'm 4.9, checked it twice (first was 4.6)... and that's why I'm posting :)
Crumpets seems to work well for you :)

Reactions: SaskiaKC