What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

not a good night.

family emergency.
at hospital most of the evening lending support/comfort/whatever i could
Currently awaiting updates.

Only thing good i can take from it is the pure show of love we all shared,
and the sad fact that this life, ...while many things,... can also be fleeting.

Love the ones you love.
Oh JJ sorry to hear of family emergency. Hope the updates are positive and pray your loved one pulls through and recovers. Hugs.xx

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

not a good night.

family emergency.

Love the ones you love.
Sincerely hope the updates are good and the love you all shared is rewarded. Thoughts and prayers with you.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@jjraak sorry to hear you are having a family emergency situation, my thoughts are with you.

@trick60 our choir musical director says everyone can sing, just some may need a bit more polishing than others, so don't give up.

Like so many I am regularly confused by my body's processing of blood glucose, low carb days resulting in higher readings than I would like and then today, unexplainable in my book....... 6.3 after breakfast of boiled egg no carbs... Sunday Lunch out and decided to ignore carbs and just eat..
Starter... Carrot and Coriander Soup, bread roll and bread floating in the soup. I never eat bread anymore but ate this.
Main..... Beef, Roast Potatoes, roast Parsnips and Carrots, green beans, broccoli, Cauliflower Cheese, large Yorkshire Pudding
Sweet.....Lime Cheese Cake
Wine.......1 large glass red
Coffee...

After meal Blood Glucose reading 5.2 so I lost the bet with Mrs MC I thought it would be over 7

The mystery continues and I don't feel any the wiser about all this Type 2 stuff just more informed with data I don't seem to be able to make sense of grrrrrrrr.

But don't panic I'm sticking at it.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

not a good night.

family emergency.

Love the ones you love.

Oh dear, @jjraak , I am so sorry to hear this. Sending prayers and love and hopes for you all.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

not a good night.

family emergency.

Love the ones you love.
So sorry to hear of your family emergency but how nice that you are all supporting each other.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Late on parade today. So late I'm.almost into tomorrow! Better late than never.

5.5 and always a bit higher on Sunday after my naked kebab, wine and nuts routine and the excitement of strictly. My CGM told me during my evening all was good and even encouraged me to have more nuts, and wine! All good during night although I had a dip below 3. Libre reads lower than actual finger pricking so I'm not concerned.

Big day tomorrow. I was told I could set up this evening so me and Eric trundled to Blackpool tower pulling 2 suitcases of books, food and 2 big bags of goodies only to be told they had entertained 600 for afternoon.tea and the room was still mess. Not happy especially as poor Eric has a cold. I'm giving him 2 months off diabetes after tomorrow. He has been a diamond and I couldnt do it without him. Christmas is around the corner. And a new grandchild due 3 Jan. Exciting times ahead. We have some painting to do getting house ready for new tenants so I think a little chill time. I have my social media to keep me happy and Eric can watch his favourite films. Every one according to him is a classic.

Going to try and post tomorrow if I can get a signal. My talk is scheduled for 12 noon. Not sure if I will be talking to myself yet. Health and wellbeing isnt top priority for most around here sadly. But then again it wasng for me until I was dx T2d!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191123-194743_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20191123-194743_LibreLink.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 81

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all.

Yesterday's laugh. Fellow on next berth has new boat (to him). Was invited over for a coffee. Spotted he has same marine gas cooker as me.
He said how clever it was that the same knob worked the oven and the Grill (??!!). The Grill at the top of the oven, he showed me. What the proverbial! I've had my boat for four years without the pleasures of grilled bacon, chops, steaks, fish........arrghh. (Homer says d'oh)

FBG 7.7 at 0530. Clear eyed and feeling a bit better about life, with my "new" grill.
So funny!!!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This reminded me of one Sunday morning in church, the lady in front of me turned, put her hand on my arm and said "never mind Rick, god hears the crows as well as the nightingales", I think she meant well, but it sort of came out wrong.
I hit all the right notes just in.the wrong order!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@jjraak sorry to hear you are having a family emergency situation, my thoughts are with you.

@trick60 our choir musical director says everyone can sing, just some may need a bit more polishing than others, so don't give up.

Like so many I am regularly confused by my body's processing of blood glucose, low carb days resulting in higher readings than I would like and then today, unexplainable in my book....... 6.3 after breakfast of boiled egg no carbs... Sunday Lunch out and decided to ignore carbs and just eat..
Starter... Carrot and Coriander Soup, bread roll and bread floating in the soup. I never eat bread anymore but ate this.
Main..... Beef, Roast Potatoes, roast Parsnips and Carrots, green beans, broccoli, Cauliflower Cheese, large Yorkshire Pudding
Sweet.....Lime Cheese Cake
Wine.......1 large glass red
Coffee...

After meal Blood Glucose reading 5.2 so I lost the bet with Mrs MC I thought it would be over 7

The mystery continues and I don't feel any the wiser about all this Type 2 stuff just more informed with data I don't seem to be able to make sense of grrrrrrrr.

But don't panic I'm sticking at it.
From having a libre I can probably predict that although you went down to 5.2 your bs would be up and down for a few hours. Resulting in a slightly higher fbs. I think this is how it might work for you. That said we are all different and you might just have got away with it :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

not a good night.

family emergency.

Love the ones you love.

Hugs for you and your family @jjraak

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.9 for the early morning 4:30 am club...

Drunk one coffee ...making another ... paperwork on my bed to finish before I rush off to my morning Cochlear appointment to try and sort issues. And remapping which means they change my incoming sounds again, and Brain goes awol because it doesn't like it as it has to work out and learn to recognise sounds again...

Oh well, that is the nature of the beast...

Have a brilliant Monday, it only comes round once every week...now that is not so bad ...is it?

Take care
>^••^<

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

not a good night.

family emergency.

Love the ones you love.

Thoughts and prayers with you jj,

Reactions: jjraak

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.9 for the early morning 4:30 am club...

Drunk one coffee ...making another ... paperwork on my bed to finish before I rush off to my morning Cochlear appointment to try and sort issues. And remapping which means they change my incoming
sounds again, and Brain goes awol because it doesn't like it as it has to work out and learn to recognise sounds again...

Oh well, that is the nature of the beast...

Have a brilliant Monday, it only comes round once every week...now that is not so bad ...is it?

Take care
>^••^<

I love your take on Monday! :D
I hope your appointment goes well -- good luck taming the beast!

The KittenCat wants me to put down the tablet and turn out the light, so ...
^. .^

Reactions: trick60