What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That's just ruined my Crimbo!:banghead: I love Christmas Cake and Christmas Pud, I had foolishly forgotten it might no longer like me! Perhaps if there is enough alcohol in it it may negate the effects on my blood glucose readings.
I am going to have a go at a low carb “Fakemas cake” and see how that works out.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I love the British Museum one of the haunts of my youth Krystyna & Bloomsbury has a special significance for me...I worked in a publishing company just at the end of Great Russell Street for several years...carefree lunches with colleagues...no real responsibilities...happy days indeed.
It is such a lovely area. It has special significance for me as well. Virtually all of my training takes place here - just 5 minutes from the British Museum so for many years l have looked forward to my training days as it is such a lovely area and it feels quite a safe area to be wandering around.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In a word 'No' Krystyna they are not traders or a business as defined by The Trades Descriptions Act and do not provide services for profit...although many of their suppliers do.
that's a shame. It does seem wrong that they can call themselves a centre of excellence when they are very clearly not.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just finished breakfast - sitting by a lovely fire drinking coffee. Took some interesting readings yesterday. 4.1 before bed, woke up 4.30am with cramp - was 4.8. Overslept and woke again at 8.30am - 5.5.

So I suppose that 5.5 is my fbs today, but if I had got up at my normal 5.30pm it might have still been in the 4s.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have just read your post - really well done. A huge drop in your hb1ac.
Many thanks, some of it might be due to increase in meds ( though a lot of the time I haven't taken then because of the dreaded metformin trots lol ) I have reduced my carb intake especially during the last 6 weeks and lost a little weight, increased excise etc.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
This morning my fbg was 4.9 . Decided to have a coffee a little while ago put coffee into cafeteria added boiling water pressed the plunger had my free hand resting on the cafeteria and got a handful of boiling coffee as when pressed the plunger it forced a stream of coffee out of the spout. palm of left hand now somewhat painful.

Must pay more attention to what I am doing in future.

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning my fbg was 4.9 . Decided to have a coffee a little while ago put coffee into cafeteria added boiling water pressed the plunger had my free hand resting on the cafeteria and got a handful of boiling coffee as when pressed the plunger it forced a stream of coffee out of the spout. palm of left hand now somewhat painful.

Must pay more attention to what I am doing in future.

Ouch! Hope your hand isn’t too badly burnt, I’ve done the same thing.

Reactions: jjraak

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. I am back in the game with 5.3. I have never felt so good after any eye injection as this one, its like it never happened. God bless gentle Gerald.
Very misty here as morning breaks. Today I begin the icing of the first Christmas cake, the marzipan, and will do the Royal icing in a couple of days, to take over to my brother next weekend. I hope I can get it through Customs as I have been feeding it copious amounts of brandy since September!
Whatever you all do today enjoy your Sunday.
Stay well, stay safe.

Great news! I’ve missed the fact you went for the injection in the end ( last I read you’d decided against) I’m so pleased for you and second your ‘God bless Gentle Gerald’.
It really was the worry about the injection raising your bg then, and your focus and determination to stay low carb has paid off wonderfully.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Many thanks, some of it might be due to increase in meds ( though a lot of the time I haven't taken then because of the dreaded metformin trots lol ) I have reduced my carb intake especially during the last 6 weeks and lost a little weight, increased excise etc.
Actually I don't think Metformin drops your hba1c by that much so it does look as though it was all the hard work you have done by improving your diet.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The exhibition was really good. Am now waiting for my train to leave Kings Cross and am so looking forward to getting back home.

Have a Coffee with cream in my travel mug. A train journey without my coffee isn't enjoyable experience for me.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.8 this morning, which is indicative of nothing except the peanut butter sandwich I had before I went to bed after the fire alarm proved to be a false alarm.

I was going to post that one can learn a lot about trees from the windows of a high-rise apartment, but then I thought that might be way too off-topic, and THEN I saw @ianpspurs ' post. So I turned to Psalm 29, and on the way to verse 10 I saw verse 9.

The voice of the LORD twists the oaks
and strips the forests bare.
And in His temple all cry, "Glory!"

The oaks outside my window start off by all turning brown or yellow and I think, "That's it? How boring," being used to maples and dogwoods.
But then as the weeks go by some of the brown and yellow oaks start to turn again, and now some are orange, and some are red, in various shadings, and now, even beneath a grey sky, the hardwoods and the pines and magnolias are as colorful as a many-hued afghan. A rather bumpy afghan, as if cats and their people are all snuggled within its folds.

And I have a KittenCat in my lap. :) ^. .^

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. I am back in the game with 5.3. I have never felt so good after any eye injection as this one, its like it never happened. God bless gentle Gerald.
Very misty here as morning breaks. Today I begin the icing of the first Christmas cake, the marzipan, and will do the Royal icing in a couple of days, to take over to my brother next weekend. I hope I can get it through Customs as I have been feeding it copious amounts of brandy since September!
Whatever you all do today enjoy your Sunday.
Stay well, stay safe.

Good news! Enjoy today! :)

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would add that I didn't sing along as I am completely tone deaf. When my children were young they begged me not to sing along with the radio when their friends were in the car.

This reminded me of one Sunday morning in church, the lady in front of me turned, put her hand on my arm and said "never mind Rick, god hears the crows as well as the nightingales", I think she meant well, but it sort of came out wrong.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all.

Yesterday's laugh. Fellow on next berth has new boat (to him). Was invited over for a coffee. Spotted he has same marine gas cooker as me.
He said how clever it was that the same knob worked the oven and the Grill (??!!). The Grill at the top of the oven, he showed me. What the proverbial! I've had my boat for four years without the pleasures of grilled bacon, chops, steaks, fish........arrghh. (Homer says d'oh)

FBG 7.7 at 0530. Clear eyed and feeling a bit better about life, with my "new" grill.
That is funny. I did something similar. I was really fed up with my last car because I could only play CDs in it and couldn't play my music on a flash drive because it didn't have a USB port. I had the car for 4 years and the day before we part exchanged it we found the USB port.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This reminded me of one Sunday morning in church, the lady in front of me turned, put her hand on my arm and said "never mind Rick, god hears the crows as well as the nightingales", I think she meant well, but it sort of came out wrong.
Oh dear - that certainly came out wrong

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Bye the way if you scold your hand with hot coffee don't and I repeat don't compound it with deciding to have a hot bath.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

not a good night.

family emergency.
at hospital most of the evening lending support/comfort/whatever i could
Currently awaiting updates.

Only thing good i can take from it is the pure show of love we all shared,
and the sad fact that this life, ...while many things,... can also be fleeting.

Love the ones you love.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@JohnEGreen ..ouch indeed..hope it heals quickly.

@trick60 ..i'm not sure that's so wrong...i liked it, must use at some point.:D

@True Blue ..have some sympathy (even after yeatserday ;)) and @Krystyna23040 , you too.
How annoying...(still funny tho..:D )

and @PenguinMum
...back in the game with 5.3.
I have never felt so good after any eye injection as this one, its like it never happened.
God bless gentle Gerald.

Praise be indeed, Gerald and the Geraldettes.:happy: