What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another 6.1 here, slept in for a change which was very nice. Assembling a table for her ladyship today, she tells me it's a straightforward job (which means it will take hours). I should pass some of these jobs on to her new fella, give him a taste of what's to come :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.5 at 0800. Lots of good results today for everyone. @jjraak glad you enjoyed the sub and got away with it. Is it because you are doing very physical work I wonder. @Debandez I am not sure I am ready to abandon the cards yet but thanks for the offer. @ianpspurs I am so glad about the rise in donations to homeless charities. @HarryBeau who knew kittens like poinsettias maybe the vibrant colour attracts them though I think cats dont see colour like we do. @DJC3 enjoy the badminton, good for the bg if nothing else. Could you book the surfing for Sept when the sea is said to be warmest. Good luck! @gennepher talk of cats bladder holding powers reminded me of my old cat Ginger. The vet wanted a urine sample from him and sent me home with plastic granules to mimic cat litter to put in a clean tray. After several hours nothing, my bedtime came nothing, Ginger cross to be locked in so long. Got up next morning expecting rivers. Dry as the desert. Let him out because I thought this is not good for him. Later that day went to get a duster from my cleaning box, guess what pile of dusters soaked and smelly. He got a lot of respect after that.
Have a great Sunday everyone. Stay/get well. Stay safe.

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 5.5 at 0800. Lots of good results today for everyone. @jjraak glad you enjoyed the sub and got away with it. Is it because you are doing very physical work I wonder. @Debandez I am not sure I am ready to abandon the cards yet but thanks for the offer. @ianpspurs I am so glad about the rise in donations to homeless charities. @HarryBeau who knew kittens like poinsettias maybe the vibrant colour attracts them though I think cats dont see colour like we do. @DJC3 enjoy the badminton, good for the bg if nothing else. Could you book the surfing for Sept when the sea is said to be warmest. Good luck! @gennepher talk of cats bladder holding powers reminded me of my old cat Ginger. The vet wanted a urine sample from him and sent me home with plastic granules to mimic cat litter to put in a clean tray. After several hours nothing, my bedtime came nothing, Ginger cross to be locked in so long. Got up next morning expecting rivers. Dry as the desert. Let him out because I thought this is not good for him. Later that day went to get a duster from my cleaning box, guess what pile of dusters soaked and smelly. He got a lot of respect after that.
Have a great Sunday everyone. Stay/get well. Stay safe.
I dare say your right re subway and fangs.(;))

i gave a hug for cat ...but wanted to give a funny for their naughtiness and ingenuity...

they just like WHAT they like to the Nth degree..

and we can do NOTHING to dissuade them that something is Good / Fun / better..insert toy / bed / food. etc.
once their mind is made up, it seems..:)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Later that day went to get a duster from my cleaning box, guess what pile of dusters soaked and smelly
We should never underestimate the 'revenge' of a kitty PM...good luck with the HbA1c tomorrow...you've worked hard & done as much as you can I've no doubt you'll be fine.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
who knew kittens like poinsettias maybe the vibrant colour attracts them though I think cats dont see colour like we do
As far as they are concerned anything not screwed down is fair game PM...you need eyes in the back of your head.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, a straight 5.0 on the dice today so good news on the cheese on toast front, also slid a rasher of bacon and some brown sauce (truly a source of manliness) on it too, yum. (Not quite a footlong sub though you animal @jjraak )
Sad news to report, unfortunately yesterday, I came to the bottom of my coffee jar, the last of my Californian vintage has sadly been supped, so on the lookout for some new blend, something with the texture and colour of old engine oil if anyone has any suggestions they would be appreciated, just got some Starbucks Caffe Verona which isn't bad but not a patch on my Peets.
Good luck tomorrow PM my checkup and blood test is a week after yours, which means I will miss Blackeye Friday in the city centre, I dread to think what my blood score would be like if I attended the sparkies annual beano.
Have a lovely Sunday all, I'm going to man up and see if I can fix those darn windscreen wipers while it's dry.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wonder which they'll get first the curtains or the Christmas tree?

the curtains.JPG
charlie Christmas tree.JPG

Reactions: SaskiaKC

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning/evening folks, a straight 5.0 on the dice today so good news on the cheese on toast front, also slid a rasher of bacon and some brown sauce (truly a source of manliness) on it too, yum. (Not quite a footlong sub though you animal @jjraak )
Sad news to report, unfortunately yesterday, I came to the bottom of my coffee jar, the last of my Californian vintage has sadly been supped, so on the lookout for some new blend, something with the texture and colour of old engine oil if anyone has any suggestions they would be appreciated, just got some Starbucks Caffe Verona which isn't bad but not a patch on my Peets.
Good luck tomorrow PM my checkup and blood test is a week after yours, which means I will miss Blackeye Friday in the city centre, I dread to think what my blood score would be like if I attended the sparkies annual beano.
Have a lovely Sunday all, I'm going to man up and see if I can fix those darn windscreen wipers while it's dry.
Very sad @trick60 but you can buy Peet’s on Amazon!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the good luck messages and right back atya for yours. Hope you find your favourite coffee.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@HarryBeau they really are little scamps...so inquisitive. Little bundles of furry naughtiness...which one is the most challenging?
Initially I thought Lola was firmly in charge...now like The Labour Party I have reflected & would say Charlie is the naughtiest ATM...they have voracious appetites worried I'm feeding them too much but they had such a bad start...off for final injections on Wednesday...they are exhausting...frantic at times...fast...but I feel so protective towards them they were dumped in Central London without their mother at age four weeks in a very bad state … so they deserve a little leeway...or in other words to be spoilt:) loving it all.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The dusting of snow that drifted down during the night has mainly crept off now to hide from the sun.

The wonder wheel of appreciation after an unusually good call by chimp at 0615 (“brrrh! It’s cold, go back to bed”) chucked out a 5.1

Not a great deal going on for us today. Tonight though I will finish off some pork belly strips. So far; 24hrs in brine, 4 hours in sous vide bath, chill and put in fridge. Will quickly crisp up in a cast iron grill pan and have with shredded sautéed spiced cabbage, some home made apple sauce and a bit of gravy.

Before all that, finish my koffy and walk into town for a cabbage. I must be careful carrying that back as you can still be stung for an indulgence up here and the robbing local clergy are not picky.

Have a great day if you can, if you are having problems with your phone or internet and are not getting anywhere with your provider, here is the reason why:

upload_2019-12-15_11-28-8.jpeg