What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Which is Charlie and which is Lola?
Lola is the tabby/tortie & Charlie is white with a little tabby...phew just sat down Saskia after hoovering up every single piece of litter I could see...they love to throw it out of the tray whether they are peeing or not little tinkers...I've had them downstairs for most of the day just tempted them back upstairs with their food...now in their room for a sleep and I need a sit down haven't stopped all day

Reactions: DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lola is the tabby/tortie & Charlie is white with a little tabby...phew just sat down Saskia after hoovering up every single piece of litter I could see...they love to throw it out of the tray whether they are peeing or not little tinkers...I've had them downstairs for most of the day just tempted them back upstairs with their food...now in their room for a sleep and I need a sit down haven't stopped all day
Ha ha it sounds like you have just come home from the hospital with twins! Have they met Harry yet? Theres a movie somewhere..

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I atarted today with a high FBG after a flirt with roast spuds last night. Planned a very careful slimline day today when I received an unexpected visit from youngest son to take me out for lunch. Had really lovely Moussaka with Greek salad. It was so tasty and what could I do? It was way too cold to just have salad. My A1c is Monday how I wish I could fast as effectively as @ianpspurs but I cant and the cold weather makes me want to eat. Please cross fingers and toes for me.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My A1c is Monday how I wish I could fast as effectively as @ianpspurs but I cant and the cold weather makes me want to eat. Please cross fingers and toes for me.
Best wishes for the A1c on Monday. There is nothing I do that anyone should wish to emulate especially relating to managing T2. You are fine as you are. I feel as though I am a basket case atm.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Ha ha it sounds like you have just come home from the hospital with twins! Have they met Harry yet? Theres a movie somewhere..

Would y'all believe I just saw this while looking at cat pics for a different board entirely? :D --

9-children.jpg

@OldButBold It worked! I did it! Thank you! :)

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I atarted today with a high FBG after a flirt with roast spuds last night. Planned a very careful slimline day today when I received an unexpected visit from youngest son to take me out for lunch. Had really lovely Moussaka with Greek salad. It was so tasty and what could I do? It was way too cold to just have salad. My A1c is Monday how I wish I could fast as effectively as @ianpspurs but I cant and the cold weather makes me want to eat. Please cross fingers and toes for me.

I feel the same way and my next A1C won't be for another 6 weeks. Think of A1C like a bus -- if this one doesn't look quite normal

d7521226-bcf0-11e9-9381-78bab8a70848

... there'll be another along right on schedule that may look better -

seoul-bus-ann-wb.jpg

Reactions: DJC3

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
All fingers and toes crossed for you @PenguinMum from here....

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 4.6 this morning

Did an extra day at the big shed yesterday to clear space to do a clean up before Christmas though we will be in volunteering next week.

I have been trying out a couple of recipe variations today to see if they're acceptable for the Christmas menu ;)

chilly here today but mr gee and I are contemplating a walk round the village to view the range of Christmas decorations on display :)

Hope your day has treated you well :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You are a big softy, lucky cats and Harry.

We must be hard pet lovers, never let our cats, dogs or even horses get on chairs. I do have a farmer friend who allows one of his huge sow pigs lie on a three seater settee in his kitchen.

Mind you you should see our dogs bed it's like a mini sofa a bundle of dog and cats but our 36kilo dog is usually pushed off by the cats even though the bed is huge.

PS: Our cats do try sneaking onto seats when we are not in the room but both are smart enough to jump off when we enter.
It hasn't occurred to our two Labradors that they could get on a chair or sofa. Our bed is a different matter though and we have to have a child gate on our bedroom door. You wouldn't believe how much room two 30kg Labradors take up when they spread out on a bed - there is no room for the humans.

The strange thing is that we have always taken them with us to dog friendly hotels and they have never once tried to jump onto our bed in the night.