What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 7.2

My reading is up, I think, because I forgot to have my beef broth mid afternoon yesterday. Or it may be something else?

late in posting today (for me!)

Cat is very clingy at the mo. He is fine, eating well, still hunts (even though he is 27 years old) catching mice and eating them, but he seems to think I am his slave for his every whim. He even sits by the cat flap and looks at me silently with big wide eyes until I bend down and hold the cat flap open...Then to come back in he goes round the bungalow to see which room I am in, and sits outside beseeching me to open the window and let him him...then when he comes in he sits on my tablet or phone, whatever I am using...he has been known to use his paw pads to alter my message, or send an unfinished email...he even made a Skype video call on Sunday...which fortunately didn't get answered...

Up early as usual.
Done my daily painting challenge.
Acrylics. A3 sized.

I do like this one...very much. It might go on my bedroom wall. I do like painting in blues, and a limited palette. The whole thing was painted with the 3 different sized men's shaving brushes I have, and a thin rigger brush for the trunk and branches and moon. Stars were splattered on with a toothbrush. It was so relaxing to paint.

Back in bed with cat. I need a morning nap...

Have a good day.
Enjoy life.
Hugs if you need them.

View attachment 37679
Wonderful painting. Thank you for sharing them

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This is in line with what I read last night about plant-based "milk" -- an article that said dairy cows are unnecessary, as are the gases they emit; unlike the water they drink, which could be put to better use nourishing almond trees so that we can all drink almond "milk" (no mention of all the people who have nut allergies ... )

A few days ago I thought about posting this question on this thread:
"Does having diabetes ever make you feel like a vegetarian in a cowboy world?" -- with the emphasis on humor -- but right now I am thinking that that question has a somewhat sinister ring to it, which I did not intend ...
You may be right - some folk have no sense of humour and online threads seem to get kidnapped by extreme views and the Troll crowd - I wonder what a Troll tastes like?
The upsurge for the idea of converting the world population to veganism is, I feel, not very well thought out. Unfortunately, small groups who shout, scream and jump up and down loudly usually win the arguments nowadays - no evidence needed - just lots of noise.
One easy to understand part with some arguments is that without animals there are no natural manures so all this new plant based farming will need chemical fertilisers and of course consume vast quantities of water. Avocados grown in Mexico need a huge amount of water and then need to be flown over to the UK - completely nuts - I will stick to being a carnivore - I don’t mind being unpopular.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hi penguinmum some days its fine other days not so good i think im gonna be one of them people who is better on injections i had much better control i am getting a lot of highs with the the pump despite tweaking insulin doses il give it till 28th when i have my pump appointment if its still hit and miss its gotta go although it has been great not having to inject but you do have to change pump pods every 3 days and it doesnt work very well on my stomach i cant put it on my thighs cos i wear a lot of skinny jeans or leggings and you would see the shape of pod thanks for asking penguinmum x
Ah thats a pity Karen. Nothing is a free ride is it. You T1s dont have it easy. Lol where to site the pump is perplexing never considered that! Made me things of Madness and Baggy Trousers. Take care and good luck with it all.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You may be right - some folk have no sense of humour and online threads seem to get kidnapped by extreme views and the Troll crowd - I wonder what a Troll tastes like?
The upsurge for the idea of converting the world population to veganism is, I feel, not very well thought out. Unfortunately, small groups who shout, scream and jump up and down loudly usually win the arguments nowadays - no evidence needed - just lots of noise.
One easy to understand part with some arguments is that without animals there are no natural manures so all this new plant based farming will need chemical fertilisers and of course consume vast quantities of water. Avocados grown in Mexico need a huge amount of water and then need to be flown over to the UK - completely nuts - I will stick to being a carnivore - I don’t mind being unpopular.
Oh so true @dunelm without getting too serious or philosophical, but then you did post earlier that perhaps we should search for a philosophy :joyful: I came across this quote a few years back, sums up how society's become, very sad and a bit frightening....

In times of extremes, extremists win. Their ideology becomes a religion, anyone who doesn't puppet their views is seen as an apostate, a heretic or a traitor, and moderates in the middle are annihilated."

Off to the pub now to meet some friends for pub nosh and putting the world to rights.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Its horrible isnt it and happening a lot lately. I wake up shaking in fear and it takes a mug of tea (after testing fbg first) to calm down. It seems to be after I have been awake in the early hours and fall back asleep again. Sending hugs to you too.

Thanks for the hugs.
That is what I usually experience too. This morning I woke a little after 3:00, then went back to sleep, and woke 3 hours later from the nightmare.
When I woke a little after three it was to the sound of the KittenCat horking up a hairball ...
t09036.gif

Reactions: HarryBeau and DJC3

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today's painting effort, A4 watercolour 1 hour 20 mins, I had to wait for the sky to dry. Inspired by my ride today, looking back along Sherbrooke Valley. The sky was very grey so lots of artistic license again.

View attachment 37683

I have just started using a heat gun to speed up the drying process, especially after priming, because I never think to do it the night before...

These are the colours I remember from the Cannock Chase area @Muddy Cyclist ...evocative...

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @SaskiaKC

Your neighbour probably thought the cats Skyped each other.

When I am on Skype with my daughter in Australia, her cat comes to the screen and looks at us, and Popeye comes in front of my screen and looks at Frankie ...Popeye does not leave the Skype screen until the call is over...

Levi's sound good!

I enjoyed reading about Popeye and Frankie. :)
Can Popeye see himself in a mirror? I ask, because the KittenCat can't see herself, and while I think she sees something sometimes when the TV is on, whatever it is seems to upset her more than anything else. The only time she has ever showed a positive interest in anything onscreen was back before I had a flat-screen TV, and she use to like to nap on top of the big floor TV when it was on.
One time I was watching the Trooping the Colour -- the only time I've known it to be on TV here -- and she seemed fascinated by all the soldiers marching around. She was on top of the TV, looking down at the moving figures, and I thought she was "hunting" them! ^. .^
My old Persian, Sascha, could not only see himself in a mirror, he could also see me, and we could look at each other's reflections, the way two humans can.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can Popeye see himself in a mirror? I ask, because the KittenCat can't see herself, and while I think she sees something sometimes when the TV is on, whatever it is seems to upset her more than anything else. The only time she has ever showed a positive interest in anything onscreen was back before I had a flat-screen TV, and she use to like to nap on top of the big floor TV when it was on.
One time I was watching the Trooping the Colour -- the only time I've known it to be on TV here -- and she seemed fascinated by all the soldiers marching around. She was on top of the TV, looking down at the moving figures, and I thought she was "hunting" them! ^. .^
My old Persian, Sascha, could not only see himself in a mirror, he could also see me, and we could look at each other's reflections, the way two humans can.

Popeye has no interest in mirrors @SaskiaKC
He might have had many years ago, but not now.
He does have an interest in my tablet and phone, but I don't have a telly now. But years ago he would sleep on the top of the telly when it was big enough in those days and watch it upside down...

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Both Our late Ginger and our current Bobs stop what they’re doing and inspect the TV if a big cat on a nature programme makes its noise. That fascinates me. Poor Daisy is always scared of everything, though she climbs on my lap (and moreso my rug!) if anyone comes to the door even without coming in she hides behind the sofa. Ginger and I used to love looking in the mirror but I have no idea what he saw. I think he just loved the cuddle.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My fbg this morning was 4.8 thats after being 4.2 at bedtime last night.

I had a while ago determined to relax my rather austere diet allowing my self up to 130 gms of carbs a day and upping my calories a bit as well the result of that was 2 kg put on and rising blood sugars so have gone back to previouse levels and am going to rethink my priorities.

Talking of painting and such was reminded that Judith's uncle did some painting and sketching during the second world war.

Many done from first hand experience of the Battle of Britain when ground crew in the RAF and from when he was a Japanese prisoner of war.

This is one of his.

View attachment 37682
We had a resident in the home i used to work in who had done some fabulous war paintings he was even featured on granada reports x

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Both Our late Ginger and our current Bobs stop what they’re doing and inspect the TV if a big cat on a nature programme makes its noise. That fascinates me. Poor Daisy is always scared of everything, though she climbs on my lap (and moreso my rug!) if anyone comes to the door even without coming in she hides behind the sofa. Ginger and I used to love looking in the mirror but I have no idea what he saw. I think he just loved the cuddle.

I keep one closet door ajar whenever I leave, or if I am expecting any visitors. If someone comes to the door the KittenCat watches to see if they are coming in; if they do, she runs for her closet. She has gotten to know two of the maintenance men well enough that she does not run and hide from them unless they approach her, even though they both speak very nicely to her.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ditto x

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah thats a pity Karen. Nothing is a free ride is it. You T1s dont have it easy. Lol where to site the pump is perplexing never considered that! Made me things of Madness and Baggy Trousers. Take care and good luck with it all.
currently using arms top of buttocks and lower back x

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My fbg this morning was 4.8 thats after being 4.2 at bedtime last night.

I had a while ago determined to relax my rather austere diet allowing my self up to 130 gms of carbs a day and upping my calories a bit as well the result of that was 2 kg put on and rising blood sugars so have gone back to previouse levels and am going to rethink my priorities.

Talking of painting and such was reminded that Judith's uncle did some painting and sketching during the second world war.

Many done from first hand experience of the Battle of Britain when ground crew in the RAF and from when he was a Japanese prisoner of war.

This is one of his.

View attachment 37682

That is stunning @JohnEGreen
It is full of flow and movement.