1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by OldButBold, Apr 24, 2019.

1. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Well-Known Member

That is stunning @JohnEGreen
    It is full of flow and movement.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Goacher55

Goacher55 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I’ve not posted in quite a while I kinda stumbled off of the lchf bandwagon a few months ago and I’ve promised myself that I’m back to basics. My hba1c is consistent at 6.5 so I can’t have fallen that badly.

• Like Like x 9
    • Hug Hug x 5
  3. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

Welcome back! I've fallen off too, now trying to chase the wagon down and jump back on. Lots of helping hands here! :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Welcome back! Don’t worry that you fell off the wagon, you’re back now and that’s what matters.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Cumberland

Cumberland Type 1 · Master

IMG_1492.jpg

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Auto E

Auto E Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

John - sorry to ask a question that maybe you get all the time.... but what is "other" for your condition? :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

WOW! JUST WOW!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Debandez

Abfab!!!

• Like Like x 6
  9. Debandez

Reminds me of Monet. Wonderful you can produce this. Astonished that it only took 20 minutes. @gennepher you too are producing fabulous paintings. I'm enjoying both styles.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. trick60

trick60 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Good morning/evening folks, a 5.5 on the testing dice, welcome home @Goacher55 this place hasn't changed much but that's a good thing, @Cumberland love that pic somebody made a right (and left) boob of that job.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Debandez

Hauntingly beautiful. So talented.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Debandez

@DJC3 enjoy your favourite hotel stay, hope all goes well with the scan
    @Auto E welcome to the best thread in the world
    @dogslife belated birthday wishes. Hope you had a great day

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Debandez

Amazing

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

1:18 am and my ears are ringing from listening to YouTube examples of equal temperament piano tuning vs whatever is not equal temperament. All because I innocently clicked on a title on the Open Library.
    I love music, hate math, my father loved both but never studied music theory and I studied very little.
    This is the sort of thing that happens after midnight when I have taken a nap in the early evening! :)

• Hug Hug x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. HarryBeau

HarryBeau Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good to see you back Goacher.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

6.5 this morning. Far too much protein yesterday I expect. Just having first coffee before driving back to London. A relay of daughters are looking after Dennis for us, wouldn’t be fair to inflict the journey unnecessarily on him.
    @Debandez you’re up and atom early!
    @Cumberland you’re back, And with a bang! Good to see your name on here again

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 5
  17. HarryBeau

Morning...slowly sipping my coffee & gritting my teeth as I try to tolerate the sharp little claws on my shins as Lola climbs up for her morning cuddle...OUCH!...busy day doing nothing apart from one appointment yesterday...must go & collect a prescription gathering dust at our surgery hopefully before the expected deluge...woke to a 6.2 its on its way down I have to be patient...a quick Charlie & Lola in one of their quieter moments they are so active its impossible to get a decent photo!
    charlie & Lola Tube.JPG

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. True Blue

True Blue Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning all. A big glorious Blue Moon rose and shone on Manchester last night. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

No meat yesterday. Only about 40g of carbs all day inc, salad, vedg. FBG 7.3 mmo/lt, so if it ain't carbs or booze the BG must be from my +100 kg body somewhere internal. On the scales shortly.

Happy days to all.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Debandez

Gutted to hear about your endo experience but not at all surprised. Heard similar for the 2 years since my diagnosis. These so called experts discourage testing. If they encouraged it perhaps we wouldnt have the diabetes epidemic we have. I think it was @PenguinMum who once said that not testing was like crossing the road blindfolded. You could do it and hope for the best but much better to see where you are going to avoid catastrophies. The experts know that uncontrolled bs can cause complications so why would they not encourage. And why would we be encouraged by those very same 'experts' to eat high carb low fat, both loaded with sugar. At the end if the day we have a sugar allergy.

I'm currently doing a daily blog on social media and one post was to let people know Alexa will tell you anything you need to know about food/drink. How many carbs in 30g of xxx nutritional value of xxxx and someone replied that she had tried it and Alexa had replied ',that's too many carbs' so I tweeted:

'IF ALEXA CAN TELL YOU ITS TOO MANY STARCHY CARBS HOW COME @NHSuk @DiabetesUK @PHE_uk CAN'T

All these donations to @DiabetesUK should be invested in Alexas on each desk. On offer at the moment . https://t.co/k48y0Kxk5Z'

Well done on all your results. Low carb suits you.

I use a CGM and have done for over 3 months. Self funded and costly at £48 every 14 days. I had tight control with bs monitor before but with the CGM I went from hba1c 39 to 36, hoping to go.lower still. I love the info it gives. Plus i give talks on my journey and am currently working with 5 local surgeries doing pt to pt support sessions (121 appointments). I can give demos for both ways of testing. With the CGM I can show graphs. And days where spikes have occured and explain why and the consequences of constant spikes (hba1c goes up as mysugr app confirms). How they can say testing isnt beneficial beats me. We are all different and its not one size fits all unfortunately. Testing is the only way you can really find out what suits you. That said I think just going low carb and reducing all forms of sugar is a winning formula on it's own. Worked for me re bs and weight loss. I've lost weight on various diets over the years but always put back on, and some! But maintaining so well. Even came back from a 10 day cruise weighing the same as the day I left! Made good choices. And took the stairs! Different relationship with food as a result of going low carb. Hardly ever feel hungry. No longer crave sweet stuff.

Sorry for waffling.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  20. HarryBeau

Good luck with your appointment DJC hope the weather stays fine for the journey

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook