What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tried it but I only have one and it left my face a bluish tinge when I used it next, @gennepher does not have to use her shaving brush for shaving so does not have that problem.

You and @gennepher have inspired me. Can you see any potential. Took me 4 hours but I'm working on bringing that down to 20 minutes without jeopardising the standard and quality ;-)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200108-065833_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200108-065833_Chrome.jpg
    825.8 KB · Views: 141

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You and @gennepher have inspired me. Can you see any potential. Took me 4 hours but I'm working on bringing that down to 20 minutes without jeopardising the standard and quality ;-)

Jackson Pollock is good @Debandez !

By the way Debs, there are apps on your phone (I have a few apps) to enable you to paint without the expense of paper and paint and brushes, and above all to be able to avoid the paint splatters which miss the canvas and go all up your beautiful walls and curtains....

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 this morning. Far too much protein yesterday I expect. Just having first coffee before driving back to London. A relay of daughters are looking after Dennis for us, wouldn’t be fair to inflict the journey unnecessarily on him.
@Debandez you’re up and atom early!
@Cumberland you’re back, And with a bang! Good to see your name on here again
Going back to sleep now fingers crossed Haha.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Jackson Pollock is good @Debandez !

By the way Debs, there are apps on your phone (I have a few apps) to enable you to paint without the expense of paper and paint and brushes, and above all the paint splatters which miss the canvas and go all up your beautiful walls and curtains....
I googled rubbish artwork and that's where it took me Haha. What do I know :) nothing about art obviously.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

Up at silly o'hour, so done my painting for today....

Here is my daily challenge painting. A3 size, acrylics, 2 shaving brushes and two rigger brushes used to paint this one. No other tools used apart from a sleepy brain...back in bed now...

Have a brilliant day.
Have fun.
Hugs if you need them.

CB82B9FC-F97E-43D2-BBE7-BE75A60045D0.jpeg
Sorry it went sideways, but it was upright in my device!
so cricks in neck if you want to view this...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve not posted in quite a while I kinda stumbled off of the lchf bandwagon a few months ago and I’ve promised myself that I’m back to basics. My hba1c is consistent at 6.5 so I can’t have fallen that badly.
Welcome back to the bandwagon of mystery and glee

Reactions: trick60

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fabulous you really have taken to the style of Drip Painting, now let's see which painter was famous for that in the 1950s?

Reactions: dunelm

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9

Up at silly o'hour, so done my painting for today....

Here is my daily challenge painting. A3 size, acrylics, 2 shaving brushes and two rigger brushes used to paint this one. No other tools used apart from a sleepy brain...back in bed now...

Have a brilliant day.
Have fun.
Hugs if you need them.

View attachment 37696Sorry it went sideways, but it was upright in my device!
so cricks in neck if you want to view this...
Another success @gennepher . If you keep getting earlier and earlier to do this work you could end up doing 2 a day

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the first International Bin Day double bin week celebration for the decade, in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of getting your accounts to your accountant in the nick of time came in at a rosy 4.0 this a.m.

@DJC3, all the best for today, don’t forget your smog masks in the old smoke.

@gennepher and @Debandez (and @Muddy Cyclist also) - painting apps reminds me of a visit, a few years ago from my mum, who lives in France. She is an artist; pottery, wool (carding, spinning and fancy kintting), and a teacher of Chinese brush work. She used to have a studio and workshop in Bristol. Never made much of a living in the UK but in France, she did OK.
Anyhow - she landed in Leeds and was excited to visit an exhibition by David Hockney in nearby Salts Mill as he had used an IPad to produce his art.
We went - my mother promptly bought an IPad and downloaded the app that David Hockney used. It’s called “Brushes Mobile Painting” - now free open software (Www.brushesapp.com) - I think it’s called Brushes Redox in the Apple App Store.

Blimey, all this typing. Must have koffy.

Have a wonderful day if you can, download a painting app and get finger painting if you can’t.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.8 today, result of rubbish food in the pub last night and possibly the effort of solving all the worlds problems whilst sipping a glass or two. Don't know why these politicians make such heavy weather of it?

Other than my daily painting and having to reinvent the Himalayas when I replace the silicon seal in our shower, I have no idea what the day may bring.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the first International Bin Day double bin week celebration for the decade, in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of getting your accounts to your accountant in the nick of time came in at a rosy 4.0 this a.m.

@DJC3, all the best for today, don’t forget your smog masks in the old smoke.

@gennepher and @Debandez (and @Muddy Cyclist also) - painting apps reminds me of a visit, a few years ago from my mum, who lives in France. She is an artist; pottery, wool (carding, spinning and fancy kintting), and a teacher of Chinese brush work. She used to have a studio and workshop in Bristol. Never made much of a living in the UK but in France, she did OK.
Anyhow - she landed in Leeds and was excited to visit an exhibition by David Hockney in nearby Salts Mill as he had used an IPad to produce his art.
We went - my mother promptly bought an IPad and downloaded the app that David Hockney used. It’s called “Brushes Mobile Painting” - now free open software (Www.brushesapp.com) - I think it’s called Brushes Redox in the Apple App Store.

Blimey, all this typing. Must have koffy.

Have a wonderful day if you can, download a painting app and get finger painting if you can’t.
And what a great exhibition that is, I never much liked his work but I was amazed by this. I downloaded the app but it's pretty useless as my efforts didn't look anything like Hockneys. :joyful:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 for me this morning.

Thanks to all for the encouragement and funnies about my doc experience. I knew y'all would understand. :)

You know, I finally lost 30 pounds thanks to low-carb. My blood pressure went from mild hypertension to downright low sometimes! My knees stopped hurting and I took up running again. My energy level is so much better. I guess blood sugar control is not the only thing I should focus on. There has been much good occurring in my life since I went low-carb. And honestly for most of the past two years I've been just moderate low carb. Since getting the CGM in November, I've tightened up further as I saw how very sensitive to carbs I really am. I'm enjoying my food and I don't feel deprived. So on this rainy morning I will count my blessings, stay the course, and be thankful for the internet and supportive forums like this!
It's great to hear about all the good stuff that has happened to you since you went low carb.

I found a CGM really highlighted just how sensitive I am to carbs also. I have one pack of sensors left which I Intend to use if blood sugars start going haywire.

I do agree that enjoying the food really helps. I could never have kept low carb if I didn't really enjoy the food.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.8 today, result of rubbish food in the pub last night and possibly the effort of solving all the worlds problems whilst sipping a glass or two. Don't know why these politicians make such heavy weather of it?

Other than my daily painting and having to reinvent the Himalayas when I replace the silicon seal in our shower, I have no idea what the day may bring.
The secret of political problem solving is probably best seen in public houses and fuelled by a plethora of alcoholic drinks and bad food.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
She is an artist; pottery, wool (carding, spinning and fancy kintting), and a teacher of Chinese brush work. She used to have a studio and workshop in Bristol. Never made much of a living in the UK but in France, she did OK
It's good your mom had success in France. When I was a young fearless art student wanting to study Fine Art I remember my tutor saying, "So you are happy to live the rest of your life in an attic, cooking Kippers and trying to get warmth from around a candle?" To this day I'm not sure if he was giving me advise for my well being or if commenting on my artistic ability :joyful:

Reactions: dunelm