What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Only been as far as the bins and haven't drawn the curtains so no idea of the weather in Fenlandia. Awful fbg of 5.8 . Two consecutive days of 2 meals, many hours of watching sport, Bourbon with AFC championship game (Mahomes is rather special) and selling off all manner of garden and building equipment will do that to a body. @dunelm fbg was exemplary but hugs for the hip - the manly kind one saw on display at Arrowhead Stadium, natch. @Krystyna23040 excellent job of selling Suffolk to me . Mildenhall is situated perfectly for Suffolk, Norfolk and Cambs. This is a place we want to become familiar with - the area twixt Bury St Edmunds and Newmarket seems replete with such places. https://wykenvineyards.co.uk/ Have a great day folks. Cricket and NFC Championship catch up to enjoy for me. - just need to research Richard Rolle of Hampole first. Psalm 146 carries a lovely and reassuring counterpoint to the charlatan running UK plc ATM. Toodle pip chums.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

minus1C here

it was minus 2C yesterday

the cold makes me sleepy and not want to paint...or do anything

so yesterday I was nibbling food all day right up to bedtime. It was all protein and nuts, but two sultana biscuits crept to my coffee mug...

I just ate more of my usual food. Probably double! And it doesn't appear to have affected my blood sugars. I can tell I am in nibble mood again today...mixed nuts and coffee at the moment...

Here is my painting for today in my daily painting challenge to myself.

A53A40AB-EDF3-4C2D-BFA3-E7D7660F8BF3.jpeg

Brushes I used are at the side.
Acrylics. A4 size. Took an hour.

Just going to put my heated eye mask on, and go 'under' for an hour until the sun wakes up...

Have a good Monday
Hugs if you need them
Take care...

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. A Blue Monday reading of 6.3 for me.
I wonder if the sudden colder weather is causing your hip pain @dunelm my friend has been finding the same in the last few days. @HarryBeau good to see you I did wonder if the rascals had catnapped you or locked you in. @gennepher thank you the water today looks really cold, how do you do that? I hope you manage to stay warm today. I prescribe a rug and a cat.
Have a good Monday everyone. Stay well/get better, stay safe

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning.
@PenguinMum thank you - I am much better today, not too croaky.
@ianpspurs Mildenhall is definitely central - giving you access to some really great places - like the one in the link you posted. Thank you for reminding me to take the choccy with me to Cromer yesterday.

Had a lovely walk around Cromer yesterday. Was well wrapped up against the cold. Haven't visited for over 20 yrs - not sure why.

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good to see you I did wonder if the rascals had catnapped you or locked you in.
The rascals love having their sitter spoilt rotten when they she is here...as for me I had a good weekend however it has passed so quickly...about to put the heating on full blast...I've tried to toughen up but I'm just a southern softy.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good morning one and all. So. 5.0 greeted me thus morning . Alas .0 readings spoil the aesthetics of my excel sheet but I’ll realign it later. So it turns out that I’ve now lost a massive 3.5 lb since my diet restart. I obviously hoped it would be stone and not lb but don’t we allc

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who were researching tap and die sets on the interwebby at 4:30 this morning, M12 x 1.75. Don't ask, just don't ask.

A fresh faced young 5.5 this morning, that meter and the readings are plotting....

Well folks my day is planned, I am on taxi duty today, the problem is I have not been told which airport, flight no and arrival time, fun and games. My guess is Luton.

What about your day? I hope it is not like the old Chinese curse " May you live in interresting times ".

Footnote note other newspapers available.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 5.1 for me today and 5.0 yesterday but didn’t get round to posting as granddaughters were here after a sleepover and I don’t like to be using my phone when they are around.
Today’s task is a trip to an emergency dental appt as 1/2 a tooth fell out while eating lunch yesterday, no pain as yet, just a gaping cavern in my mouth. No NHS dentist in these parts so I’m steeling myself for the cost.
@johnpol I’m so glad to read your op went well. Phew!
@gennepher a lovely atmospheric scene today, I’ll be sad when January is over and you and @Muddy Cyclist aren’t posting them any more.
@HarryBeau your weekend sounds idyllic, glad C&L behaved for Liv. Which films did you watch?
@Goacher55 3.5lb is not to be sneezed at, well done.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. A Blue Monday reading of 6.3 for me.
I wonder if the sudden colder weather is causing your hip pain @dunelm my friend has been finding the same in the last few days. @HarryBeau good to see you I did wonder if the rascals had catnapped you or locked you in. @gennepher thank you the water today looks really cold, how do you do that? I hope you manage to stay warm today. I prescribe a rug and a cat.
Have a good Monday everyone. Stay well/get better, stay safe
It is quite easy doing that water @PenguinMum
I put the paint on the water, drag a dry brush across very lightly. Then downwards very lightly. Then a fresh dry brush and do it again.
Thank you for the prescription!!!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all 5.1 for me today and 5.0 yesterday but didn’t get round to posting as granddaughters were here after a sleepover and I don’t like to be using my phone when they are around.
Today’s task is a trip to an emergency dental appt as 1/2 a tooth fell out while eating lunch yesterday, no pain as yet, just a gaping cavern in my mouth. No NHS dentist in these parts so I’m steeling myself for the cost.
@johnpol I’m so glad to read your op went well. Phew!
@gennepher a lovely atmospheric scene today, I’ll be sad when January is over and you and @Muddy Cyclist aren’t posting them any more.
@HarryBeau your weekend sounds idyllic, glad C&L behaved for Liv. Which films did you watch?

My painting challenge to myself is for every day this year @DJC3
So you might be saying something rather different soon...

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
your weekend sounds idyllic, glad C&L behaved for Liv. Which films did you watch?
One in particular I've seen so many times before was 'Went The Day Well' … an old war time propaganda film about a fifth column invading an English village...terribly terribly stiff upper lip stuff...I suspect Liv spoils them terribly brushes them non stop feeds them treats non-stop (which they love) she even tidies their room & lines up their toys!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ouch hope it stays pain free however likely to hit you in your pocket...fingers crossed you get it sorted out today without having to re-mortgage the house

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who were researching tap and die sets on the interwebby at 4:30 this morning, M12 x 1.75. Don't ask, just don't ask.

i got that..scary how google/amazon are all knowing..:wacky:

good scores..
enjoy the road trip..:D

Reactions: trick60

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One in particular I've seen so many times before was 'Went The Day Well' … an old war time propaganda film about a fifth column invading an English village...terribly terribly stiff upper lip stuff...I suspect Liv spoils them terribly brushes them non stop feeds them treats non-stop (which they love) she even tidies their room & lines up their toys!

Not heard of that film but I do like the old stuff upper lip style. I will look it up next time I have a film fest.
Luv sounds like the perfect kitten sitter. She sounds very much like my 9yo granddaughter who is very neat and tidy, her bedroom is immaculate. ( polar opposite of her 7yo sister) She has so much patience with Dennis and he dotes on her, follows her round like Mary’s lamb.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

OUCH..yep it does feel like a cavern i bet..good luck finding a good un..and a decent price as well:(

agree fully..great result @Goacher55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ouch hope it stays pain free however likely to hit you in your pocket...fingers crossed you get it sorted out today without having to re-mortgage the house

I never seem to get through January without an unexpected big bill. I should start saving monthly for it really. Appointment for 3pm so at least they can fit me in today.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.7 this morning slept not too bad last night but feel so drained in a morning these days

win for the score, hugs for the lack of go.

if it helps i found Greek yogurt and some real berries added, made a difference to my energy levels.

good luck ongoing.

it might just be a cold not going away, though ?
lots going around at the moment.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh brilliant! I’ll never get tired of them Gennepher, but I hope your hand will cope.
Thank you for your kind words @DJC3
:)
I will find a way, because painting is in my soul!
I am doing daily exercises and the Chinese metal exercise balls, and taking omega3 (the capsules I was advised to take arrived this morning!).

Hugs for your tooth. Hope it gets sorted easily x

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good almost afternoon, a 5.8 for me today.

Late because I decided to tackle the horrible fungus growth I discovered under the roof of our garden corner seat. So overhanging Holly cut back fungus roof removed and all tidied up, yuk job. Now I have to decide what to do about replacing the roof which is all strange shapes as it's a corner seat. Blooming copious amounts of rain to blame.

@gennepher love the water and tree again and please keep posting your challenge. I am still keeping up with one a day but may start just posting a few a week and be inspired by your art in between times.

@DJC3 Ouch!

@Krystyna23040 Your tourist information is tempting me to look at campsite in the area for a visit in our VW camper. We are planning a Northern Ireland trip in it for spring, Whitby and Mid Wales and we're looking for some more outings so you have done a good job for the tourist board.

Off now to bleach exposed wood in the hope of stopping further spread of fungus.