What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of spatchcocked chicken and a decent Penderyn Madeira finish came in at another 4.8 this a.m. - they are giving them away.

It’s a hanging about, slobbing about, yet mile counting and map pondering sort of day today. A couple of motorcycle outings to plan for later in the year, each lasting about a week. So, with start and end of routes in mind; how many miles each day, sights to take in en route, places to stay each evening, secure parking, decent grub, fuel stops and who will be going? The oldest anniversary of note for 2020 (that I can find) is the 1,500th of the Kingdom of East Anglia (founded 520) - will that go into the plan? Mind you, in 1820 there were lots going on:
Black Beauty author Anna Sewell was born, as was Anne Brontë, the Crimean War’s Florence Nightingale, who kept a pet owl in the pocket of her apron, and Sir John Tenniel, ‘Alice in Wonderland’ illustrator — the evolution of this surreal tale will inform a V&A show (from June 27, 2020).
1820 also saw the accession of George IV, swiftly followed by the infamous trial of his wife, Queen Caroline. Revelations in the House of Lords, such as that the Queen employed a male exotic dancer (the witness even demonstrated a move or two) were relayed in twopenny papers — this was the first, but not the last, time that the demise of a royal marriage became public entertainment. The king lost the motion to divorce, but barred his wife from the Coronation and there was an embarrassing scene outside Westminster Abbey when she turned up. Another scandal, the Cato Street Conspiracy, was exposed in 1820; those plotting to murder the Cabinet were the last in England to be decapitated post hanging. In the same year, naturalist Sir Joseph Banks died and the Tweed’s Union Chain Bridge — then the world’s longest wrought-iron suspension bridge at 449ft — closed the gap between England and Scotland, hopefully not to be widened again any time soon.

Anyhow, have a wonderful day if you can; good to see your smiling face @Cumberland , hardcore vamp teeth filing @SaskiaKC (ouch!), more wonderful art work, must grab some koffy.

I looked up your bridge (lovely!) and saw this intriguing view, which made me think of Bilbo Baggins's

Still round the corner there may wait
A new road or a secret gate
And though I oft have passed them by
The day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon, East of the Sun.

Screenshot 2020-01-22 at 9.10.14 AM.png

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Think so many are going to be lucky to have any job, when they are older... Did read America is looking at close on 50% unemployment with the advent of AI coming more on Stream by 2050 hence so much interest in universal benefit..

The benefit we get for not working, and then if we work being allowed to keep it all.

We'll all still need money to buy the things still being made by fewer humans, or else the system just collapses....

Welcome to SKYNET.
Roll on progress..:rolleyes:

still might be fun to do stuff you like doing..i LIKE working, just not always all the bits of any jobs i had to do..:hilarious:

EDIT:apologies for those looking, it should have read Universal basic income.

a brief overview HERE
and HERE..(one of the first few i found when looking)

and for interest..has everyone seen the US mule or the jumping robot ?

Not withstanding the employment status, these are going to be the jeep or Huey, come the next generations big war, i think
and the more humanoid ?.... IF we survive long enough to get to other planets, their going to be central to us staying more then a few days/weeks, imho.

The robot-narrator's voice got to me after a few lines ...
Perhaps in future years robots will be sent out to fight wars, along with drones; I wonder what sort of medical discoveries will be made when there are no human soldiers coming home to be put back together?
Oh, well, the KittenCat was spayed before she ever came to live with me, and I have no children ...
does make me think more about cremation as an alternative to even "natural" burial ...

Goodness, what thoughts to be having on a lovely sunny morning, when I am full of coffee and my lap is full of KittenCat!

h07222.gif

Reactions: Krystyna23040

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@PenguinMum Hugs for the stress, and for being safe and snug back home with your girls. :)

@gennepher Hugs for the scary night! And for Popeye being back safe and sound. How you can paint such a peaceful scene after such a night ... ! Yet it also has a look of "Enter, and be alert to the possibilities ... " :)

@HarryBeau Thank you for posting those sweet photos. :)

@trick60 your visit sounds like a lot of fun. I once dated a farthorse -- er, carthorse, er, trooper-mouth ... a great trencherman too. Have a wonderful time, and come home safe and well fed! :)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Know that feeling well S L, I demand a nibble off of everyone’s cake, just a taster, and relish it. A little nibble of what you fancy never hurt anyone.
Probably right there. However the planned evening meal, treat for son is a bit carb heavy. So best not on this occasion.

Edited for predictive text error

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck with the A1c and the Medicare exam will be thinking of you. Hope you wont be as nervous as Daisy was this morning. I had to smile though when I put her carrier up on the vets table and she had arranged her blanket to block the door like there was no cat in there. Your cartoon reminded me of a lady there with a young pointer that she had picked up from a shelter last Friday. He got a clean bill of health and seemed very pleased with himself. Hope you’re soon back and relaxing with the KC.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good luck with the A1c and the Medicare exam will be thinking of you. Hope you wont be as nervous as Daisy was this morning. I had to smile though when I put her carrier up on the vets table and she had arranged her blanket to block the door like there was no cat in there. Your cartoon reminded me of a lady there with a young pointer that she had picked up from a shelter last Friday. He got a clean bill of health and seemed very pleased with himself. Hope you’re soon back and relaxing with the KC.

Thank you. :) Daisy is a clever kitty! I'm not hiding behind furniture but I do keep dashing to the bathroom -- nerves always go right to my kidneys (sorry if that is TMI). Thank you for the story of the pointer and his new person. :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just got back home after being out all day. Foggy and dark on the way home. I don't like driving in either.

I still had to clean all my kitchen surfaces because I didn't know what had been in the kitchen, that I mentioned in this morning's post. Then I realised there were paw prints on my white washing machine. They didn't look like Popeye's.

So, I checked online, and the info suggested fox prints.

And consequently I have just paw printed Popeye, which didn't go down very well.

All I can for definitely say is they are not Popeye's paw prints on my washing machine.

It is looking very much like it was a fox that came in my kitchen last night from the paw prints.

My cat flap isn't a small cat flap. It is a much larger cat flap, because when my dog Meg was alive, she could use it.

Anyway, I am shattered now. Overtired. So this probably means I won't fall asleep tonight...

I will go back and read your posts from this morning....and get up to date...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The ideal future for the elite is the singularity, and that is what 'we' are heading for. A world with 2/3 reduction in biological humans, led by AI for the benefit of our 'masters'. Computers already design themselves with no human input, and they do it better. They also produce coding that we don't understand...

I'm not looking forward to it, it's an old gorse that has grown to tree status with roots that have spread under the lawn and through the wall. Those have to come out or it will just sprout up again. I really think she needs a pro to do that job but her faith in me seems unwavering. Very odd.

cheers, a nice viewpoint on where we might be heading.

only watched the first one, saving the 2nd for later on.

on the 2/3 loss and a hint of conspiracy theory..

IS T2 D and the Western diet their way of achieving that with the most casualties and the least resistance..?
discuss among yourselves...:bag:

:D

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just got back home after being out all day. Foggy and dark on the way home. I don't like driving in either.

I still had to clean all my kitchen surfaces because I didn't know what had been in the kitchen, that I mentioned in this morning's post. Then I realised there were paw prints on my white washing machine. They didn't look like Popeye's.

So, I checked online, and the info suggested fox prints.

And consequently I have just paw printed Popeye, which didn't go down very well.

All I can for definitely say is they are not Popeye's paw prints on my washing machine.

It is looking very much like it was a fox that came in my kitchen last night from the paw prints.

My cat flap isn't a small cat flap. It is a much larger cat flap, because when my dog Meg was alive, she could use it.

Anyway, I am shattered now. Overtired. So this probably means I won't fall asleep tonight...

I will go back and read your posts from this morning....and get up to date...

while hug for the distress...

a cheeky part of me WANTS to see Popeyes Mugshot...:D

(yes, yes..i KNOW....i'm a BAD person...:arghh: )

best of luck clearing up, @gennepher
i suppose you might be considering a reduced hole size
or maybe chipping Popeye so only HE can get access in or out.?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher what a night! Still it inspired yet another good piece of art. Don't worry you are in Good artistic company not finishing it, Schubert, Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo all come to mind.

I suppose I could emulate Michaelangelo and the rest...with unfinished stuff...

Thanks for the compliment :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
while hug for the distress...

a cheeky part of me WANTS to see Popeyes Mugshot...:D

(yes, yes..i KNOW....i'm a BAD person...:arghh: )

best of luck clearing up, @gennepher
i suppose you might be considering a reduced hole size
or maybe chipping Popeye so only HE can get access in or out.?
Thank you
Popeye wasn't very happy @jjraak ...he would be very upset if I showed you!!!

I have been studying that cat flap. It has been inserted in a upvc door, which had the hole cut out specifically for it. I did look awhile ago, but I would need a whole new door for a new cat flap. Can't afford that.

There will be a solution somewhere but it's not obvious at the moment.

Popeye can't wear a collar (with one of those magnetic tags) because the collar invariably ends up across his mouth thus choking him, no matter how tight the collar.

Probably I will end up making one of my Heath Robinson contraptions so only a smaller size animal like Popeye can through....

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
IS T2 D and the Western diet their way of achieving that with the most casualties and the least resistance..?
discuss among yourselves...

If it was it would be inefficient in the short term. If such a thing were occurring then the easiest short-term ways to 'cull the herd' are through drug-resistant viruses and war. Long-term you dumb down the population through poor education, give them trinkets and keep them subservient. A tried and tested method. The long term plan is very apparent at the moment :)

Interesting that you mention 'conspiracy', a term coined by the new (then) CIA and used to divert attention away from programs they wished to keep secret. Not talking aliens here, the programs are easily searchable now but back then were black-budget ops. It continues to be a useful term to muddy the waters. Here's a taster, there is a long list...

https://www.rd.com/culture/conspiracy-theories-that-turned-out-to-be-true/

Reactions: jjraak

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you
Popeye wasn't very happy @jjraak ...he would be very upset if I showed you!!!

I have been studying that cat flap. It has been inserted in a upvc door, which had the hole cut out specifically for it. I did look awhile ago, but I would need a whole new door for a new cat flap. Can't afford that.

There will be a solution somewhere but it's not obvious at the moment.

Popeye can't wear a collar (with one of those magnetic tags) because the collar invariably ends up across his mouth thus choking him, no matter how tight the collar.

Probably I will end up making one of my Heath Robinson contraptions so only a smaller size animal like Popeye can through....
Have you considered locking the cat flap when you go to bed? I know Popeye is used to getting out at night but cats though they resist change are adaptable. Just a thought! In my 30 years of having cats I have never allowed them out at night only during hours of light, not saying thats gor all ut it doesnt seem to have stopped them hunting! (Except Daisy who cant catch a cold!).