What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you considered locking the cat flap when you go to bed? I know Popeye is used to getting out at night but cats though they resist change are adaptable. Just a thought! In my 30 years of having cats I have never allowed them out at night only during hours of light, not saying thats gor all ut it doesnt seem to have stopped them hunting! (Except Daisy who cant catch a cold!).

Thanks but Popeye breaks through the locked catflap @PenguinMum

I have tried locking it. But Popeye forces it open by battering it. And then he is locked out unknown to me (while I am asleep) because he cannot get back in, because the lock thingy is still in place stopping the flap opening to back inside...

Tonight I am getting a couple of breeze blocks out of the garden and putting them outside of the cat flap, and obviously locking the cat flap as well. He will have a very sore head if he tries battering that...

I am off to do that now while he is asleep in my bed...

Maybe in the morning I will find something easier to use...

Reactions: DJC3

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow, a day of many posts. I only went out for a Muddy Cycle Ride, then to pick up my other granddaughters guitar, another birthday present and there are pages of posts to catch up on since breakfast.

No time for a painting today so a scribbled pen and colour pencil sketch about A4 took less than 20 mins so a tad on the rough side.....inspired by a waterfall I passed this morning on my Mountain Bike, will try and do a watercolour of it in the near future, or I couldn't just let the robots do it :joyful:

IMG_2501.JPG

The top pool of water is not right perspective wise, needs to be lower.:(

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you considered locking the cat flap when you go to bed? I know Popeye is used to getting out at night but cats though they resist change are adaptable. Just a thought! In my 30 years of having cats I have never allowed them out at night only during hours of light, not saying thats gor all ut it doesnt seem to have stopped them hunting! (Except Daisy who cant catch a cold!).
UPDATE... @PenguinMum There is a heavy wooden chest in front of the cat flap now, so nothing can break into or out of my kitchen tonight....unless we have beavers...

Reactions: DJC3

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: HarryBeau

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you sure DJC he looks so dapper a 'proper' little gent...I can empathise the gas engineer has arrived to service the boiler they have had to be locked in the living room...so far they've tried to get into his bag...fight with his work boots & stand right behind him...then they've repaired to the sofa butter wouldn't melt...

Charlie & Lola's kitty sitters Liv on the left & her assistant bottom photo their we didn't do anything pose...
View attachment 38005
View attachment 38004

Fabulous photos, everyone looks very happy. I know that innocent ‘who me?’ Look very well!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Staying with family, my wife’s uncle is a professor who taught psychiatry, smashing fella, swears like a trooper and farts like a cart horse, but very funny with it, her aunt many years ago was a matron on a maternity ward but was charged with the installation of computers to the whole hospital on the basis that she owned a Sinclair ZX spectrum which overqualified her for the post.
I should imagine the menu will be potato based as is the Irish way, and get there first or go hungry is the rule of thumb.
Must set my watch back 20years.
Have a lovely day all

They sound brilliant, I bet you’ll have a whale of a time. Not much you can do about the spuds I guess, just enjoy the company.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not looking forward to it, it's an old gorse that has grown to tree status with roots that have spread under the lawn and through the wall. Those have to come out or it will just sprout up again. I really think she needs a pro to do that job but her faith in me seems unwavering. Very odd.

Must be love!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow, a day of many posts. I only went out for a Muddy Cycle Ride, then to pick up my other granddaughters guitar, another birthday present and there are pages of posts to catch up on since breakfast.

No time for a painting today so a scribbled pen and colour pencil sketch about A4 took less than 20 mins so a tad on the rough side.....inspired by a waterfall I passed this morning on my Mountain Bike, will try and do a watercolour of it in the near future, or I couldn't just let the robots do it :joyful:

View attachment 38030

It is absolutely beautiful. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Back from doctor's office. It went well, I think, BP was nice and low (can't remember the numbers now; at first the tech read off "97 over 100" and I freaked out -- 'til she told me that was oxygen percentage, not BP!

She asked me to schedule a battery of tests -- I don't want the government paying for all those . :angelic: Bone scan, mammogram, eye exam ...

The Medicare Wellness Exam consisted of questions such as "How many days a week do you drink alcohol?" and "Does your home have rugs, safety bars, low lighting?" Answer Yes or No. No "Check A, B, and/or C."
I was asked to draw a clock face with hands pointing to 15 minutes after 8. I thought, why didn't they just say "Quarter past"? I thought of @gennepher and @Muddy Cyclist but instead of dashing off a rough sketch I wondered, Can I draw a square face? (I can't draw circles.) Then I drew the hour hand too long so had to draw the minute hand even longer.
Back when I was riding dressage I was supposed to trot 20-meter circles. Most people's were graded more as eggs or amoebas. The trick is that you don't ride a circle. You ride 4 equal arcs.
My clock looked more or less round today.
Next time I will take a pair of compasses.
While I was having my blood drawn the lab tech and I had an interesting conversation about Vlad the Impaler and Bela Lugosi.
It is impossible to ride 4 equal arcs.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
cheers, a nice viewpoint on where we might be heading.

only watched the first one, saving the 2nd for later on.

on the 2/3 loss and a hint of conspiracy theory..

IS T2 D and the Western diet their way of achieving that with the most casualties and the least resistance..?
discuss among yourselves...:bag:

:D

In a rare dark mood I occasionally wonder if the reason for not having anything here like the NHS is a long drawn out effort to kill off the nonproductive nonmembers of society because robots don't foul the sidewalks.

I do wonder what robots intend to do about all the scrap heaps that will be rusting all over what used to be tent cities ...

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back from doctor's office. It went well, I think, BP was nice and low (can't remember the numbers now; at first the tech read off "97 over 100" and I freaked out -- 'til she told me that was oxygen percentage, not BP!

She asked me to schedule a battery of tests -- I don't want the government paying for all those . :angelic: Bone scan, mammogram, eye exam ...

The Medicare Wellness Exam consisted of questions such as "How many days a week do you drink alcohol?" and "Does your home have rugs, safety bars, low lighting?" Answer Yes or No. No "Check A, B, and/or C."
I was asked to draw a clock face with hands pointing to 15 minutes after 8. I thought, why didn't they just say "Quarter past"? I thought of @gennepher and @Muddy Cyclist but instead of dashing off a rough sketch I wondered, Can I draw a square face? (I can't draw circles.) Then I drew the hour hand too long so had to draw the minute hand even longer.
Back when I was riding dressage I was supposed to trot 20-meter circles. Most people's were graded more as eggs or amoebas. The trick is that you don't ride a circle. You ride 4 equal arcs.
My clock looked more or less round today.
Next time I will take a pair of compasses.
While I was having my blood drawn the lab tech and I had an interesting conversation about Vlad the Impaler and Bela Lugosi.
It is impossible to ride 4 equal arcs.
Glad it went well and hope you have a restful rest of day. Off to bed now for me. Nite nite.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it will be, but at the moment the worry about it is probably not helping your bg levels either. Did you manage to get the meter free?
No I paid for the meter but I has problems with the website and when Imphoned them they sorted out removing the VAT for me. Just checked my bg before bed and it is 4.7 so happy with that.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher Please forgive me if these are stupid questions. But ... can you and Popeye get out quickly in an emergency with the chest blocking the cat flap?
Is putting out food for a desperately hungry fox more complicated and riskier than feeding a hungry possum or raccoon or feral cat?
I am assuming that at least you don't have to worry that this fox could have been rabid, which would be a huge worry over here.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 38030
This is a great evocative sketch @Muddy Cyclist

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher Please forgive me if these are stupid questions. But ... can you and Popeye get out quickly in an emergency with the chest blocking the cat flap?
Is putting out food for a desperately hungry fox more complicated and riskier than feeding a hungry possum or raccoon or feral cat?
I am assuming that at least you don't have to worry that this fox could have been rabid, which would be a huge worry over here.

No they are not stupid questions @SaskiaKC

I worry about fire because I have had problems in the past in a flat I lived in. So, when I bought this bungalow it had two door which were stupidly next to each other, and no chance of escape if you were at far side of bungalow. I cannot climb out of a window. So I had two extra glass doors put in on far side of bungalow to replace the windows that were already there.

My bedroom door is actually less than 3 feet away from my bed and opens out into my back garden. The other door is in the next room. So don’t worry about the chest blocking the cat flap in the kitchen. It will be taken away in the day time. Hopefully it may stop the fox from returning again if he/she finds it blocked.

So, nothing to worry about there Saskia.

I wondered about putting food out for the fox. I haven’t decided what to do yet about that.

I live at the back of ancient woodlands where there are foxes, squirrels, badgers, polecats and much more...so there is a lot of wildlife here...

In the UK, there is little or no danger of contracting rabies from foxes. If you are a wildlife rescuer then maybe you need to take care with fox diseases. But I am not silly enough to try and hand feed a fox. So it is probably quite safe to leave food out. I already have badgers walking through my front garden and helping themselves to my frogs.... There are hedgehogs out there too. But they should be hibernating in my wood pile at the moment.

I can understand a fox being hungry. And I do feel for the creature.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher Yes, I thought you did feel for the fox.
m0269.gif

I used to put dry cat food out for the neighborhood moocher cat, who would let himself in and out of my garage through the cat flap that was installed in the patio door. I also put out the cat food in a big bowl on the patio for the possums and raccoons. I never saw a fox
m0280.gif
, but my neighbor just a couple of miles away used to see them. I think they caught rabbits in her yard; I once saw a
m0221.gif
in my yard.
I don't know if I would want to put out a chicken for a fox .... well, knowing me, I might ...
m0268.gif

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 this morning, had some salmon a bit later than usual last night. Off to the hardware store to pick up paint as the new 'jobs around the house' awaken. Have fun :)

I'm Sort of wondering what the AI may have purchased with it's earnings, does not need food, transport, clothes, house. So what does it desire?

I'd choose to think it only desires recognition or perhaps to feel appreciated. The idea that an AI world would not need capitalism is a nice thought, like the Star Trek universe ;)