What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If a government rules that the people can have only two children per family, that government can expect to have a population-decimating event follow at some time or other ....

I'm trying to follow the logic of this as historically there is no evidence-based information to back it up. I'd be grateful for some help.

The last century saw two world wars that decimated populations but there were no restrictions on family growth before, during, or after. The Spanish Flu took out 20 million-plus, no restrictions there, same with the Black Death.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ironic trick I failed everything in school...then went back to education years after I left it often its not the pupil that really fails it's the system.
Did the same, (grammar school failure) it took me to my late 30s before I decided to go back to study then found that obtaining a degree was relatively straightforward.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@HarryBeau @SaskiaKC and @PenguinMum Dennis sends his thanks for the sympathy this morning, it’s cleared up now so he’s very happy to go out and bark at birds again.
@SlimLizzy you and Mr Slim are having a stressful time of late, I do hope you manage to have a nice celebratory drink together tonight. Happy birthday Mr Slim and hope you feel better soon.

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Length of book x width of book x (Depth of book x number of books to stack) will give you the volume in cubic inches. Won’t you need the dimensions of a required box measured by length and depth of base and the height of box?
Edit: OR - just get a big box, and fill it up - not too big as books are heavy and there is always box number 2, 3,.....

True ... there is always another box. I'm just trying to calculate the number of boxes I will need to fit in a moving truck that is 9'11" x 6'4" x 6'2".
Thank you for the calculation!
Boxes start at 12x12x12 ...
:)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A lot going on here today and it's only just gone lunchtime.

@gennepher Fiddle Head Ferns and wonderfull spring colours, for some reason it reminded me of a song by the Incredible String Band, Fiddle Head Ferns and Daffodils.

Education! I always advocated at my children's school that I would gauge the success of their education by how much they enjoyed being educated rather than results achieved. I was fortunate enough to enjoy every day of my school life even though I was not academic, left at 18 in about 1968 didn't go to college or university, I would have needed Latin. Sadly my children did not have a happy education but both set up their own successful trades and businesses. I used my creativity to learn computer programming, it lends itself to a creative mind. Set up a business writing software in 1976 and did so until I retired. In my mind if education is made enjoyable, no matter at what level, there will always be that yearning to learn throughout your life.

Hugs to all those under the weather, trying to fathom out the mysteries of T2 or striving to overcome the happenings of the day.

Muddy, windy bike ride cut short, bloomin unpleasant out there. So came back home and painted a scene of reeds passed early on this morning. Watercolour A4 25 minutes, brushes and paper knife used shown below.

View attachment 38562
View attachment 38563

@SaskiaKC from my experience no matter how much working out you do you will either have too much room or not enough. So just estimate and box clever.

Thank you. Yes, you're right.

I love the trees and the cattails. :) Thank you for posting your painting.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
True ... there is always another box. I'm just trying to calculate the number of boxes I will need to fit in a moving truck that is 9'11" x 6'4" x 6'2".
Thank you for the calculation!
Boxes start at 12x12x12 ...

Using the 12" cube you can reduce truck size to 9'x6'x6 which is a total of 324 boxes with a bit of side space I believe ;)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @dunelm :)

As a child I believed eating fern seeds made you invisible...I blame the stories of E.Nesbit for that.

Probably the answer to the fbg is blowing in the wind, because what is true today is not true tomorrow...
I wanted to see flower fairies in your picture as it reminded me of a flower fairies book I had a sa child.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It is the system @HarryBeau and @trick60
I got bottom marks, at school, with everything except sums and algebra (geometry I never understood, I couldn't hear what the teacher was saying with being deaf)(I was sent to a hearing school, my parents weren't having a child who was sent to a handicapped school, so this meant I had to box clever to try and cope). But I had the knack then for just writing down the right answer for both sums and algebra (I didn't understand the workings of algebra, but I could see the right answer and write it down). So of course I got into trouble for cheating. Which I wasn't. Even when a teacher stood over me, I could still just write the answer, but they wanted the workings out (but with being deaf I couldn't hear the teacher talking/explaining in class), and I couldn't do that. Eventually after detentions and punishments etc because I was 'cheating' in their eyes, I gave up, and have had a mental block with numbers since then. I still have problems with numbers now. It is a nuisance. I went back to education the 90's and early 2000's, and got a pile of stuff, but I found it very hard because I still have this mental block for learning. I just wanted to prove I wasn't stupid.

This whole school experience for being blamed for something I didn't do sent me off the rails...
Know the feeling, I too have mental blocks. Used to regularly be called stupid and that I was taking a place someone else more able could have had. Wasn't stupid, just slow in writing things down so was always behind but after a time I just gave up. I still wont compete with anyone, but I have learned to go at my own pace and be at peace with myself.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

was 4.7 this morning

by gum it felt cold here this morning, I've been wearing the biggest jumper I could find all day :D

We were out volunteering in the big shed today so we're just home again and got the logburner on ;)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Know the feeling, I too have mental blocks. Used to regularly be called stupid and that I was taking a place someone else more able could have had. Wasn't stupid, just slow in writing things down so was always behind but after a time I just gave up. I still wont compete with anyone, but I have learned to go at my own pace and be at peace with myself.
Hug for being called stupid and winner for everything after the comma in the final sentence. Huginner?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Given a row of books, if I measure the length of the row by the width and height of the biggest book, I wonder if there is a formula that will give me the cubic footage (inchage?) of the size box I need to get to stack them in I have some vague idea that cubic dimensions don't change regardless of the shape of the objects measured ... but not a clue how to go about figuring it out. :)
Ah @SaskiaKC
Sorry, I have no idea how to calculate that mathematically, I usually do measurements by eye...

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think I am starting to obsess a little too much about packing. :)
Saskia the removal people should be able to tell you how many boxes the van will accommodate...or how many you will need including your furniture.

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
..and that children was the beginning of how a little defenceless girl took on the world and became as we know her today
@gennepher ..or as some say with much affection, The superhero called CoB

( "Cantakerous Ol Biddy";)..calling out injustice wherever she finds it..all while painting great pictures)

starting to think your NOT Clint eastwood anymore, now...:sorry:

Searching for pics of you and chuck Norris together, as we speak.....not finding ANY.:wideyed:......mmhh

Much respect @gennepher ..that sounds tough AND harsh.
puts so much others in the world (me included ) moan about in the shade

The epitome of a DO-ER...
Long may it last.

1FE343F3-2554-4F55-BB5A-1C8F9D99ECEF.gif
CoB

Reactions: DJC3 and HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A lot going on here today and it's only just gone lunchtime.

@gennepher Fiddle Head Ferns and wonderfull spring colours, for some reason it reminded me of a song by the Incredible String Band, Fiddle Head Ferns and Daffodils.

Education! I always advocated at my children's school that I would gauge the success of their education by how much they enjoyed being educated rather than results achieved. I was fortunate enough to enjoy every day of my school life even though I was not academic, left at 18 in about 1968 didn't go to college or university, I would have needed Latin. Sadly my children did not have a happy education but both set up their own successful trades and businesses. I used my creativity to learn computer programming, it lends itself to a creative mind. Set up a business writing software in 1976 and did so until I retired. In my mind if education is made enjoyable, no matter at what level, there will always be that yearning to learn throughout your life.

Hugs to all those under the weather, trying to fathom out the mysteries of T2 or striving to overcome the happenings of the day.

Muddy, windy bike ride cut short, bloomin unpleasant out there. So came back home and painted a scene of reeds passed early on this morning. Watercolour A4 25 minutes, brushes and paper knife used shown below.

View attachment 38562
View attachment 38563

@SaskiaKC from my experience no matter how much working out you do you will either have too much room or not enough. So just estimate and box clever.

@Muddy Cyclist I can see the weather turning for the worse in your painting...the bitter cold icy wind getting up.
Brilliant...