What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.8 this morning so a nice start. Hoping for a more relaxing day today: on our walk yesterday, Dennis and I were joined by a friendly spaniel with no name tag, it took us ages to find out where he lived by which time we were all cold and wet and I was lost, luckily not for long but these country tracks and bridleways can be very similar.
This afternoon Mr C and I are booked on a Landrover trip out to the clay quarries. Not having grown up in Cornwall I don’t know an awful lot about it’s history but China clay was a very big thing in these parts, most of the pits have been closed down now but one or two still working. The China clay museum close to us https://www.wheal-martyn.com is organising these field trips out so we thought it’d be interesting.
Will try to catch up here later on, have a good day all.

Nice.

Enjoy the day

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 5. Today so clinging on. A day of reflection ahead remembering a dear aunt who passed yesterday, widow, no children so always poignant. But at 90 it was quick so grateful for that. She and my mother were such a great double act, argued over everything but loved each other dearly. When my mum went aunt was quite lost without her though my brothers family looked out for her.
@SlimLizzy sorry for the strife yesterday and hope your A1c goes well today.
@gennepher wonderful painting of the trees bowed in the wind. Well done for mending your fence so cleverly despite the ignorant neighbour comments. @HarryBeau why am I not surprised C & L have twitter account!
@DJC3 fabulous fbg and have a lovely day out.
@OldButBold have a great day out with the wildlife, wrap up warm.
@ianpspurs good to see you lurking and glad the sleep is good in your new abode. Hope your shed king on the skilled list.
Have a great Wednesday all. Stay well, stay safe.

Condolences for the loss.
i think we see old people when it's aunts, uncles etc.and expect them to move on, at soem point.
sadly, i'm sure they see two kids sharing toys and laughing, when they reflect back.
easy to be lost when a part of 'you' has died.

And as said a Five-A-Live..of any hue IS cause for celebrations, me thinks..:happy:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, a 6.2 on the dice today reflects the pie mountain I ate for tea last night so hey ho back on the wagon again.
All the best for today @SaskiaKC or is it tomorrow, time zones are so confusing, I do hope it's your ideal place.

Thank you. :) I apologize for the time zone confusion; I posted that last one about stress so late last night that my tomorrow was already y'all's today. I feel good about this move; no gut-clenching "putting on the brakes" as I did about two other moves I considered.
I hope your day is going great. :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wonderful Wednesday...(not hump day..happy day )
and starts with a 5.3..and news my nephew, is fit and well enough to return to scotland.
he had come down for a break and over stayed, so he said.
on train as we speak...suggested he get his own Youtube channel and seel his blood in vials as some sort of voodoo messiah,
cos he looked death in the face and laughed, so a minor miracle, to even be up and about let alone returning north beyond the wall.

Bikes update.
after the wrecking/attempted theft of the 900, i put out a call on my bike forum for advice on how difficult it is to drill out security bolts..etc, (hard apparently..surprisingly enough :rolleyes:)
lads only came up with a new lock, keys and a yoke so i can swap straight over..
how good is that..so many good decent people out there,

Have a good day all,
off out to collect a parcel on Peggie, ..(just call me Jasper..;):hilarious: )
a much slower pace, but weirdly enjoying the rides more then i thought, go figure.

Ooh and just had another job offer, as i'm getting antsy to do 'something'..last one stalled as dispute going on over funding.
Job won't start until we get back from India, don't necessarily NEED a job right now, moneys ok etc,, just want one.
so can't wait to get started again..new challenges and all that

So wonderful Wednesday, seemed appropriate.
Great joy @jjraak most importantly about your nephew such a marvellous recovery puts a smile on my face. Good news about Peggie or it Jasper’s refurb and congrats on job offer. Happy Wednesday!

Reactions: jjraak

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SaskiaKC Hope all goes well for today's journey and that the apartment block is all that you like. Interested to know what kind of writing you do but aware that this might be too nosey?

Thank you. :) Not at all nosy, I write songs, poetry, and short stories (not a published author or anything!).

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Any 5 is a good 5 I reckon. It seemed an unattainable number once.
Hugs for your dear aunt, strangely I was talking to no 2 daughter this morning about one of my lovely aunties whose birthday has just gone. She was so funny and clever and died prematurely when her care home messed up her Parkinson’s meds and caused terrifying hallucinations. She was then sectioned in a secure mental health unit and a couple of weeks later was dead, sometime in that period she also managed a broken leg which was never explained. The whole thing makes me so terribly sad, we put in a complaint but the internal investigation was inconclusive. Unless we wanted to sue we couldn’t do any more. It wasn’t about money, so we didn’t take it further but it left a very sour taste.
Oh that must have been very hard for all concerned but as you say afterwards you probably wouldnt have got anywhere and couldnt bring her back. I really am grateful my aunt went quickly, collapsed at home found by carer, taken to hospital with slight flu and water balance issues, was very chatty with the staff and then over a few hours just faded away. I think would settle for that route. Bless her, I hope she and mum are back together arguing again.

Reactions: Ryhia and DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 5. Today so clinging on. A day of reflection ahead remembering a dear aunt who passed yesterday, widow, no children so always poignant. But at 90 it was quick so grateful for that. She and my mother were such a great double act, argued over everything but loved each other dearly. When my mum went aunt was quite lost without her though my brothers family looked out for her.
@SlimLizzy sorry for the strife yesterday and hope your A1c goes well today.
@gennepher wonderful painting of the trees bowed in the wind. Well done for mending your fence so cleverly despite the ignorant neighbour comments. @HarryBeau why am I not surprised C & L have twitter account!
@DJC3 fabulous fbg and have a lovely day out.
@OldButBold have a great day out with the wildlife, wrap up warm.
@ianpspurs good to see you lurking and glad the sleep is good in your new abode. Hope your shed king on the skilled list.
Have a great Wednesday all. Stay well, stay safe.

I am so sorry about your aunt. I will be thinking of you both today and of your mum.
t4612.gif

Reactions: jjraak

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@OldButBold and @DJC3 your days out sound wonderful. I hope y'all are having a wonderful time.

@jjraak Wonderful Wednesday indeed! I am so glad to hear the good news about your nephew! I was just thinking about him the other day. I'm also glad to hear about your job, and about your good friends on the bike forum. I'm glad you are enjoying Peggie. :)

@gennepher hugs for you for those horrid "neighbors." What nightmares! I'm glad you got your fencing up. I love your painting. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.4 this morning, which is low for me these days. Just reading everyone's news while I finish my coffee, then must get going with shower and making sure I have everything I need to take with me later this morning. Thank you all for your good wishes. :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning.

Archie starting being sick again yesterday evening and in the night. Worse was explosively coming out of his other end. Not ill like he was before but definitely not right.

Straight to the vets this morning. She was not worried about him as he does look quite bright but has given him an anti-sickness injection, 5 days of antibiotics and some probiotic stuff for after the antibiotics. Hopefully this will clear it completely from his system.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After 2 days of attempting to respond to all the posts, I gave up, so a generalization again. Those who can paint, please do, loved the stormy artwork @gennepher and the apocalyptic painting @Muddy Cyclist of the 4 horsemen your next picture reminded me of Chinese drawing in some ways, think it might be the delicate brushstrokes of the tree branches and the overall colour combination. .Looking forward to today's paintings. @ianpspurs loved your story - look to see more of them. @geefull, there is a rumour going around this thread that your recipes are something all of us should know about. So can I add my vote for a new cookery book from you.
@SaskiaKC Hope all goes well for today's journey and that the apartment block is all that you like. Interested to know what kind of writing you do but aware that this might be too nosey?
@Debandez, oh to have your guts, going against the establishment like that. Well done you, although my more timid personality is a little concerned for any backlash you may experience, I would hate for you to be stopped from doing your local meetings (different thread) which would be such a shame as you are doing so much good to get the word out in your local area.
@SlimLizzy - hope the HbA1c test goes well for you today.

Monday and Tuesday's readings were 5.9. Got up earlier this morning, bloods 5.0, checked again and meter read 4.9. Go figure! Missed DP perhaps?

Hugs for trying to keep up with all the posts.
i think I've seen your neighbour around here..
220px-Birds_of_Sweden_2016_37.jpg

Life..just full of tw .......................... @ts..:rolleyes:

F8C0C0A1-FED0-42E1-BC64-46E1E30F394D.gif

DD5EC2ED-C2B6-486D-902A-07B4D9C5BC45.gif

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 this morning.

Archie starting being sick again yesterday evening and in the night. Worse was explosively coming out of his other end. Not ill like he was before but definitely not right.

Straight to the vets this morning. She was not worried about him as he does look quite bright but has given him an anti-sickness injection, 5 days of antibiotics and some probiotic stuff for after the antibiotics. Hopefully this will clear it completely from his system.

I am so sorry to hear about Archie's sickness. How miserable for you all. I hope the injection and antibiotics and probiotics will help, and that Poppy won't get whatever it is. Hugs. :)

Reactions: gennepher

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am so sorry about your aunt. I will be thinking of you both today and of your mum.
t4612.gif
Thanks Saskia and I will be thinking of you later on your way to view pastures new. I will be thinking of the KC eating her tuna sandwiches and watching a movie. Maybe she could chat with Charlie and Lola on Twitter. :cat: Have safe journeys.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. :) Not at all nosy, I write songs, poetry, and short stories (not a published author or anything!).
Thank you, was really curious. My sister used to write poetry - someone offered to publish her work but is was a bit of a scam really as she had to buy the poetry book that her poem was published in. She did write some nice stuff though.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
did someone say "FIVE OOOOO...."..Fire up the Audi...sorry, wrong show..i meant Surfboard, :D

and great post..have to agree with most of it, but now you mention it..
it IS very like Chinese brushstroke, when i look now i see Japanese, script flowing through it, myself as well.
well observed, @Ryhia

Surfs up, dude..

One of these days I might just hit that play button.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am so sorry to hear about Archie's sickness. How miserable for you all. I hope the injection and antibiotics and probiotics will help, and that Poppy won't get whatever it is. Hugs. :)
Thank you. Poppy still seems to be OK. It looks like the older dogs like Archie and the very young dogs are the the ones who need the antibiotics.
We have kept him in 'quarantine' and warned other dog owners to stay away from him even when he seemed to have completely recovered as we did not want to pass it on to any other dogs.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.7 yesterday and 4.5 today

we took Katy for her next encounter with the groomer this morning, she had a bath, dryer and brush up session and came out looking like an animated powder puff :D

We're still working on the partial sessions to get her used to being groomed and clipped gradually ;) first time she's been left with the groomer and we've walked away for a few minutes. She was certainly as glad to see us as we were to get her back afterwards :joyful:

Forgot it was bin day when we went out and just made it back in time :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh that must have been very hard for all concerned but as you say afterwards you probably wouldnt have got anywhere and couldnt bring her back. I really am grateful my aunt went quickly, collapsed at home found by carer, taken to hospital with slight flu and water balance issues, was very chatty with the staff and then over a few hours just faded away. I think would settle for that route. Bless her, I hope she and mum are back together arguing again.

I agree, that sounds like a good way to go. It’s lovely to think of her and your mum back together but doesn’t make the parting any easier for us mortals left behind.