What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SaskiaKC how did it go?

Thank you for asking, and thank you for posting that lovely, atmospheric painting.
Today went very well. I had a wonderful time with two dear friends I seldom get to see, and we all loved the apartment community. A lovely place in a lovely setting, wooded countryside all around, and inside all warm colors and warm, friendly people, including a very nice woman from Glasgow!
I looked out her living room window and could see woods right at the edge of the wide lawn behind the building, and even the front of the building looks onto woods, except for the small parking lot.
My friends both told me they are happy about my planned move and think I will be happy there, which meant a lot to me.
And it did not rain one single drop, in all the 200 miles of highway and 7 hours there and back! :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I should be asleep, but I am watching some videos...I have just come across them...

Here is one. I don't know if it is of any interest...

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @SaskiaKC how was your day?
The dog sounds cute!

He had the sweetest face. :)
The day was so much fun. My two friends and I all love the apartment community. I met some very nice people there, and the setting is lovely, as is the building itself. The road down the hill from the building into the town has a nice sidewalk, and at least 2 benches where I imagine many of the residents stop for a breather on the way back up the hill from town!
We also saw a sign for a local mattress store. :D

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Every day I wake up & sit up for my routine.

1. What day is it
2. What time am or pm (open curtain)
3. What do I need to do to get up
4. Then I remember everything.

So in a world I often don’t recognise, with a reflection I don’t know, the only constants are the faces of those I love. Well the ones who loved me back, some people are just little painful memories.

I come onto the forum, read comments and share my breakfast of tea in my “fluff you you fluffin’ fluffs” mug and realise that although I am alone in the kitchen I am NOT ALONE.

I’m sorry for lurking, perhaps liking convos I’m not part of, but I do this because your (all of you, this & other threads) posts, letters, messages of hope, friendship and support to each other...

it gives me hope

that one day soon I’ll find a little of this camaraderie of my own.

Thank you.

B

I'm glad you are here. This is a wonderful community. :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
He had the sweetest face. :)
The day was so much fun. My two friends and I all love the apartment community. I met some very nice people there, and the setting is lovely, as is the building itself. The road down the hill from the building into the town has a nice sidewalk, and at least 2 benches where I imagine many of the residents stop for a breather on the way back up the hill from town!
We also saw a sign for a local mattress store. :D
It sounds absolutely amazing @SaskiaKC
I am very pleased for you.
Good night from me and Popeye x

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SaskiaKC I missed your earlier post about your trip today, I hope it was successful, I look forward to reading about it.

Thank you. :) I had a wonderful time. Not only do I love the apartment community, I also loved being out on the road again, traveling. I have missed that; I didn't realize how much until we were heading up the highway. It did not rain one single drop all day; there was just some light fog, but not on the highway, and the traffic was fairly light.
While I was meeting with the apartment manager my friends drove around the little town and reported that they liked it a lot. I wish we had had time for me to explore it with them, but with the winter days still fairly short, and none of us being youngsters anymore, I was just happy that we were able to drive there and back all in one day. I am now exhausted (and achy) but that is easily cured with a couple of acetaminophen pills and, now, a warm cat in my lap (it has only taken her 2 hours to accept that I am home and to forgive me and welcome me back).

Reactions: DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Saskia and I will be thinking of you later on your way to view pastures new. I will be thinking of the KC eating her tuna sandwiches and watching a movie. Maybe she could chat with Charlie and Lola on Twitter. :cat: Have safe journeys.

Thank you. :) "Pastures new" is a very apt description -- there actually are pastures all around the little town. When I saw my first one this morning (about 1 hour outside the town), complete with cattle, I felt like I had come home again. I have not seen any cattle in a field since 2014.
The KittenCat says to tell you that she thought of Bobs and Daisy while eating her tuna sandwiches, and thank goodness I did not come home to a garbage can piled high with bones and empty milk bottles, as I used to back when she and my old MasCat would throw parties while house-sitting for me.
When I got into my friends' van this morning and learned that I would be sharing the back with their cat-sized dog, for a moment I wanted to come back inside and put the KittenCat in her carrier and bring her, but of course she would not have enjoyed the day at all, and, unlike the dog, she would not have been able to get out for walks. She is a good traveler, but more of a homebody than an adventurer.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just a thought @Debandez
You say DUK have blocked you.

I know you will continue the good fight on Twitter.

But they could complain to Twitter about you and your account is suspended for awhile while it is supposedly investigated.

Do you have an alternative Twitter account under another name already lying in the wings just in case?
Because if you have another account ready already with a few followers, then it is much easier using hashtags to explain that your Twitter account was blocked and you can generate support much more quickly.

I am speaking from experience when a nasty person did that to me. I got my account back, but it wasn't quickly. But it was easier because I had that back up account and I could generate support from others....

Just a thought Debs x
No I haven't to be honest. Thought about creating one though and repeating my questions :) think I will do as you suggest. I will be like Katie Hopkins at this rate!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
BRAVO, BRAVO..(i KNOW you can't see it..but it IS a STANDING OVATION, here )

best post BY far this year.

You KNOW you've hit a soft spot, when the stop listening and try to BLOCK.

but to be fair, the sponsors won't like what your saying, it's like the Meat conversation,
"NO ONE WANTS that kind of talk around here"

(wot, honest open and fact based ?..
YES..now GO AWAY or we'll call the police )..:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

nice idea by @gennepher for the 2nd account, ..:D
i'd block you at every turn and make life as difficult as possible for you, as well... if i was them,
Only way to drown out the obvious, init..

don't want you scaring away the profits, sorry i meant flock
with inconvenient truths, do they :)
I only wish I could paste this whole post to Twitter! Many people commenting, supportive, so many new followers every day. Just proves how powerful social media is. Definitely our way to get diabetics to be given the option of low carb (type 1 and 2 as I believe beneficial for both). I live in hope. Thanks for the vote of confidence. It means so much. I am the voice of many.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
After 2 days of attempting to respond to all the posts, I gave up, so a generalization again. Those who can paint, please do, loved the stormy artwork @gennepher and the apocalyptic painting @Muddy Cyclist of the 4 horsemen your next picture reminded me of Chinese drawing in some ways, think it might be the delicate brushstrokes of the tree branches and the overall colour combination. .Looking forward to today's paintings. @ianpspurs loved your story - look to see more of them. @geefull, there is a rumour going around this thread that your recipes are something all of us should know about. So can I add my vote for a new cookery book from you.
@SaskiaKC Hope all goes well for today's journey and that the apartment block is all that you like. Interested to know what kind of writing you do but aware that this might be too nosey?
@Debandez, oh to have your guts, going against the establishment like that. Well done you, although my more timid personality is a little concerned for any backlash you may experience, I would hate for you to be stopped from doing your local meetings (different thread) which would be such a shame as you are doing so much good to get the word out in your local area.
@SlimLizzy - hope the HbA1c test goes well for you today.

Monday and Tuesday's readings were 5.9. Got up earlier this morning, bloods 5.0, checked again and meter read 4.9. Go figure! Missed DP perhaps?

I hope I dont have to cross that bridge. My surgeries are being so supportive. I have been asked to join a health and wellbeing session 10th June. I have my own stall as it were. Pts from all 5 surgeries I work with invited. And my monthly pt to pt sessions continue. I'm dropping off my leaflets later today and offering more hours of my time in the other surgeries. It's such a positive feeling. The feedback is great. Last session the pt came in and said the DN had suggested they come to be because I'm very 'special'. I was taken aback. To have the DN saying that gave me hope. Hope that things may eventually change and the alternative to 'here take these meds and bye the way its progressive'.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9

We still have high blustery winds, and stair rod rain yesterday. Between squalls I was bagging debris, and doing a sort of repair on the fence. I was hoping to finish it before my neighbour came home (the not nice neighbour), but he and his wife came back. He had said before yesterday that the fence was my responsibility and not his, and wifey said the same. I told them on my deeds it specifically says it is their fence/wall. He got abusive and so did wifey...

I didn't respond, (I have told him it's his and he says he is going to have nothing to do with the repair, and wifey reiterated that), so I came in.

How am I repairing it? I am using split cane screening and reed screening. Both actually do quite well in windy storms, they bend a bit, but are still intact after the high winds, and are very cheap to replace. I already had some in my garage from last year because I bought some in the end of season sales.

He did do a parting shot that I was reducing the tone of the neighbourhood, at which point wifey dragged him in...

If this escalates then I have insurance for neighbour disputes and other stuff like it, up to half a million in any one year...

I am content with my repair. I like it, it was relatively easy and effortless, apart from me initially struggling with a 6 foot high 12 foot long split cane screening in gusty winds, but a few cable ties later I had anchored it enough to work on it better.

He was lucky I didn't use the orange netting I had...I was tempted, but I did the tasteful repair (in my eyes).

I am going out to check on it with Popeye once I have posted this.

So painting for today is still charcoal and graphite and storm and wind...

View attachment 38769

So enjoy yourselves.
Have fun...all the fun you can...
Hugs if you need them...I have plenty to give out...going into battle hugs if they are needed...
Take care

You and @Muddy Cyclist never cease to amaze me with your talents

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Every day I wake up & sit up for my routine.

1. What day is it
2. What time am or pm (open curtain)
3. What do I need to do to get up
4. Then I remember everything.

So in a world I often don’t recognise, with a reflection I don’t know, the only constants are the faces of those I love. Well the ones who loved me back, some people are just little painful memories.

I come onto the forum, read comments and share my breakfast of tea in my “fluff you you fluffin’ fluffs” mug and realise that although I am alone in the kitchen I am NOT ALONE.

I’m sorry for lurking, perhaps liking convos I’m not part of, but I do this because your (all of you, this & other threads) posts, letters, messages of hope, friendship and support to each other...

it gives me hope

that one day soon I’ll find a little of this camaraderie of my own.

Thank you.

B
So happy you have joined us. The more the merrier in our little chatty room.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you all.

@Krystyna23040 The time Actually painting was 15 minutes, I have to confess having to wait 15 minutes before I could put the tree in, gave me chance to prepare the Stuffed Peppers for tea, I needed to allow the paper to dry or the tree would have bled into the landscape and sky. It's just a big brush, lots of water, daubing paint and allowing the paint to run by tilting the paper.
If you could do us a YouTube tutorial that would be great 'how to create a masterpiece in 15 minutes or less'