What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
WHOOP WHOOP..THAT sounds FANTASTIC..
(ps do they have one more spare place,.... just asking for a 'friend' :bag: )

whenever i hear Americans talk of road trips etc, i KNOW it should be mustangs, trucks or Cadillacs, but i always think of
MORK & MINDY and Mindy's Jeep..top down, wind in the hair, bugs on the windscreen and the great open roads...aahhh ..glorious stuff.

SO SO SO SO.... pleased for you.:happy:
KC is Gonna just LOVE IT...( said in the voice of Janice from friends in MY head ..weirdly..:wideyed: )

Thank you. :)
Your "friend" would be welcome there!

Your dream road trip?
images

Looks like fun

My dream road trip
images

More like yesterday's road trip--

upload_2020-2-20_13-15-0.jpeg

which was a dream come true, in something like this:

upload_2020-2-20_13-15-58.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh that sounds wonderful and I will put it in my planner for my next visit. Seasalt has been my favourite shop for some years now, the colours are wonderful. It can be a bit pricey though so great you got a bargain. I do believe their clothes are really well made and the thing I also like is I am usually a size smaller there lol. Agree about the eating time but I do like to eat with Mr PM which is usually 8pm. Glad you had a good day out, food for the soul, non carby Obs. ;)

Yes! The added bonus was that the coat was a size smaller than I’d usually buy! Hadn’t realised that all their clothes come up a size bigger though - I’m now a customer for life!

Reactions: jjraak and Ryhia

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Oh of course..how could i forget..Doh.:banghead:

yes that would explain it perfectly.

best wishes it's a simple fix, and you get back on the plains as soon as possible.
hugs for the day.
Thanks@jjraak.:)

Reactions: Ryhia and ickihun

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just dropping in after an exhausting day, granddaughters all in bed, still awake but fed, bathed and in bed. Will catch up on posts later..

But a day of craft and music, here are some of my granddaughters efforts.....

IMG_2629.JPG

I managed to do 10 minutes on a wet on wet sky. I had planned on doing Pine Trees and reflections, maybe finish it Friday If I get a minute. So expect this one in instalments. A4 watercolour rushed 10 minutes.

IMG_2630.JPG

Reactions: geefull

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was dog tired when I got in. Internet was iffy in this wind. The wind never stops...

And I fell into a deep sleep. Just woke up, having a cup of chicory coffee...see if I can play catch up in this thread before I finish my chicory coffee...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just dropping in after an exhausting day, granddaughters all in bed, still awake but fed, bathed and in bed. Will catch up on posts later..

View attachment 38789
I managed to do 10 minutes on a wet on wet sky. I had planned on doing Pine Trees and reflections, maybe finish it Friday If I get a minute. So expect this one in instalments. A4 watercolour rushed 10 minutes.

View attachment 38790

Great dark sky @Muddy Cyclist
Love granddaughters efforts. Beautiful snowdrops and snowdrifts, and lovely leaves.
Have a good sleep...

Reactions: ianpspurs

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am hoping for an upstairs apartment, with a balcony, so that (hopefully) the KittenCat will be enclosed should she try to dash out when I open the door onto it. I would worry about that happening if we had a ground floor apartment, as instead of a balcony the sliding glass door opens onto a little patio that is open to the back lawn. I think she would love looking out through a ground-floor glass door, though -- but I don't like to think how freaked out she would be at sight of her first deer ... or bear!
Hope an apartment becomes available for you soon and in just the location you prefer. When I lived in Canada many many years ago, the town we lived in was up in the Rocky mountains and was surrounded by "bush"; quite often animals would venture into town, sometimes used to hear the wolves howling on a night. I remember bears used to be a bit of a nuisance as they came in after the garbage so used to hang around the houses at times which was quite scary.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh how simple it all sounds..must rush off and paint me a Rembrandt....:D

It's all simple until you try doing it, :wideyed::banghead:.. so don't undersell your talents

You and @gennepher brighten up the day with your painted outlooks on the world
long may it continue

and @gennepher , a double thank you, now i know what the charcoal does to you.
please do wait until outdoors, ...the greater gift is knowing your happy AND OK giving us your time and talents..

A Great day to you both.

Thank you @jjraak
I appreciate that.
I do love painting in charcoal and graphite and pastels, but it will have to wait until I am outdoors :(
So it’s back to the acrylics in total, or acrylics and the children’s tempera paint sticks, or maybe something else...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 this morning.
@gennepher I love that charcoal drawing, definitely signs of Spring showing there.
Today I’m off to the Lost Gardens of Heligan hoping to see more signs of Spring but it’s cold wet and grotty outside so I might just look out from the cafe.
Have fun everyone.
Thank you.
Heligan sounds good.
I hope you have a good day @DJC3

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I like this one very much, one of your best charcoal pieces of art shared with us IMO, brilliant! Loved the light and delicate suggestion of spring in the green.

Thank you very much for the compliment @Muddy Cyclist
I am sad I cannot continue with the charcoal and graphite indoors. It is a medium I love...

Thanks @PenguinMum also for the compliment.

Reactions: Ryhia

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 38789

View attachment 38790

How lovely they all are! Your family is very talented. :)

Reactions: DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope an apartment becomes available for you soon and in just the location you prefer. When I lived in Canada many many years ago, the town we lived in was up in the Rocky mountains and was surrounded by "bush"; quite often animals would venture into town, sometimes used to hear the wolves howling on a night. I remember bears used to be a bit of a nuisance as they came in after the garbage so used to hang around the houses at times which was quite scary.

I met a wolf once; I have never heard them howl in real life. I have heard coyotes. "Nuisance" bears of the Rockies sound scary to me as I picture them all being Grizzlies. In the Smokies we have only black bears AFAIK. But I'm not sure I'd really want to meet one on his or her own turf!

Bear_Car_bartlebaugh.jpg

bear_picnic_table.jpg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 5.4 this morning. Basal Triple strength Toujeo300 still doing a fantastic job. Only on 6units daily now. A huge difference to the 80-90units I needed 8mths ago. :) :) :)

Wow, what a drop...:wideyed:

looks like the treatments has worked wonders for you.

liking the new (?) avatar
life seems to be definitely looking up for you.
long may it continue..:happy:.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning @Barb McD ...:D

Nice post, from the heart and honest ..liked.

As for the group, we are all different :wacky:..., as you already know. ;)

i guess if it was a Pop Group, i'd be noisy spice...:hilarious:
If it was a Pub crowd, i'd be the one telling naughty jokes and laughing WAY to loud at other peoples.

if it was Cheers...I LIKE to think i'd be SAM, ....but i'd more likely be Norman..
sat with that dry laconic wit, (i wished)
watching the world go by, as i sat with friends, discussing the ins and outs of the topics of the day, and sharing the world we know...
( a good description of here, me thinks )

BUT i used to work in retail and i sometimes told the missus on holiday when i was being quiet,
i wasn't being miserable,..:bag:
i talk for a living, ( in essence ), so it's nice to just sit quietly and enjoy what others are saying...:happy:
A foreign concept to her, obviously... :hilarious:........but i digress.

So i really get where you are at, just enjoying the moments until you want to throw in your tuppence worth
of chat, advice, anecdote, whatever.

and while that first "Hi, I'm diabetic.." lets us know your name, it's the posts that really flesh out WHO you are
We are all kind, loving, caring, thoughtful, informative, talented, funny.etc.
but some just do those things better then me.

Does that mean i don't post because i can't compete..hell no.

That just lets me sit back and admire their sumptuous skills in whatever sphere they excel in,
and try and learn a tiny bit from their outlook or way of saying or seeing something.

I guess what i mean is don't feel you must be anyone else, certainly NOT on here,..just be you.

A noisy poster ?..an infoirmative poster ?..maybe, but whatever you posts lets us in to YOUR world just a little bit,
Boring and mundane as we ALL think our lives are, sometimes, it can be surprising how many will KNOW how THAT looks and feels,
OR How many will appreciate the insight or just the friendly chatter.

and as for apologising..PERLEASE...:rolleyes:

if it wasn't for the readers like you and many others, ticking those emoji boxes,
those who are more noisier on the posting wouldn't have anyone to write for...:woot::***:

So your work IS much appreciated.

and finally..ALONE :arghh:..on here :wideyed:..

NEVER HAPPENED..:D;)

Here here (I love @jjraak's posts, they say it all so perfectly and I just paste my 2 words worth)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Might be worth investing in an external hard drive and keeping all your files on it - I have a 1TB one, smaller than a fag packet - helps to prevent clutter on your your laptop. I also save everything drop box also, just in case.
Will a USB stick be sufficient?