What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just been over on YouTube watching Judge Rinder for the first time. Since I've never watched Judge Judy or any other US versions of this show, I'll just ask, Are these cases real? :)
No they aren't but they are entertaining and I think he is brilliant. None of the awards could possibly be paid by those people.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just opened an envelope from another post crossing person.
It is beautiful. She has sent me not one postcard but two, and a bookmark with a quote either side, and two teabags!!
Just going to make the camomile and lavender one! And some lovely messages and quotes she likes on the other side of the postcard.
Here is the photo.
View attachment 38935
Good to know a much better end to the day for you thank goodness. Probably those postcards are also inspiring for your art.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love Roger Moore but Sean Connery will always have my heart ... ;)

James-Bond-Aston-MArtin-DB5.png

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As far as I am aware @SaskiaKC those cases are real, but obviously Judge Rinder is making an interesting performing tv show out of it. I understand ITV (the broadcasting company) pay the winner of the case up to £5,000.

Does that help? I don’t have a telly, but I have watched it on You Tube as well as you. But I am not sure of the ethics of all this, because I think he puts down some of the people putting their cases forwards.
Oh thats amazing, I just assumed they couldnt be real. But I often felt the same about problem pages and agony aunts. Note to self to rein in the scepticism.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher I am glad and relieved to see you back here. Thank you for posting your painting this morning. I like it very much, especially the steep hillsides. I also like the colors. To me it looks very Spring-like.
I was sorry to read about your father and your paintings. I cannot imagine that kind of pain. I do remember that when I was at Auburn University (my father went there too, and loved it), I wrote a poem about it and sent my only copy to my parents.
They didn't keep it.
Just seen your post, thats very sad that happened. If you can remember the words you should write it down and frame it for the walls at your new place. I hope you can.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @DJC3

I have had a good day today. I ended up going for a drive after. It was beautifully sunny earlier (the weather has turned to rain now). The sun and blue skies are a really good uplifting healer. Thank you for the painting compliment.

I agree that a bit of sunshine can really help lift one’s spirits, I’m so glad it helped.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 and Dennis: I just saw this and thought of you:

Happy Walking the Dog Day! :)

84395426_2728619383842511_5724598128850501632_n.jpg

Haha thank you. That little guy looks like he’s being very vocal - typical Schnauzer! I was about to say that Dennis is far more handsome but actually he’s just come back from a run round the muddy field behind us and he looks like a swamp monster.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh thats amazing, I just assumed they couldnt be real. But I often felt the same about problem pages and agony aunts. Note to self to rein in the scepticism.
I read it somewhere about the show @SaskiaKC and @PenguinMum
Here is an extract about it from Wikipedia
Judge Rinder is a British arbitration-based reality court show that has been on air on ITVsince 11 August 2014. The show depicts Robert Rinder as an arbitrator overseeing civil cases. Rinder began his career in criminal law in 2003. He is a barrister and wears his barrister robes while on the show but does not wear the wig as is customary in the judiciary.[2][3] Rinder is a practising criminal barrister at 2 Hare Court Chambersin London and this is made clear on the show.[3] Any awards handed down by Rinder are paid by the production company rather than the loser.”
I understand that Robert Rinder conceived the idea for the show, and promoted it to the tv company. And that any award cannot be more than £5,000.
It does make for a ‘cheap’ show for the production company. And an opportunity for people to make fools of themselves...

Reactions: HarryBeau

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
@dogslife best of luck with the germs, hope all goes well.
Thanks @Muddy Cyclist. I did very well. Only 12 people in the waiting room and only a ten minute wait. Painless blood draw. The nurse who did it told me about an emergency she had just been involved in ealier. A 24 year old lady collapsed with a heart attack whilst she was about to have her blood test. Stopped breathing and had to have CPR whilst waiting for the paramedics to arrive. They arrived very quickly and took over but I don't know the outcome. That's what you call having a bad day. Puts having a blood draw in perspective. Glad to hear that yours went well too.:)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Thanks I couldnt remember other than Danny. Glad the foot and dentists reports were good and hope the sore mouth continues to improve. It must be difficult to eat.
Thanks @PenguinMum. Apparently it was spelled with an "e" at the end.( Danny Wilde). Eating has been very difficult for the past few weeks but is finally improving.:)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today's painting is another Plein Air, almost. This morning I had to take Mrs MC to the farm to turn out the horse, our Golf VW is being mended after the bump I had a few weeks back, Mrs MC won't drive VW Camper unless desperate so I am on farm run duty. I had 1 hour to kill and sat in camper van todo this painting looking across the farm. Water colour, plein air, A4 size sketch book time taken 1 hour.
IMG_2660.JPG

Snowing here now.