What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Goodnight, everyone. It is far too late/early for any of us to be awake. xx :)
^. .^

Reactions: Ryhia

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, a 5.9 on the dice keeps me on the edge of the plains. Quit my job yesterday, first time in over forty years on site I've felt the need to do that, the three hour daily commute there and back was just getting too much, so new job on Monday that's twenty minutes on the bus into town, my van and me will be happier with that hopefully.
Have a lovely day all.

Barb McD

Morning good folk

Fbg 3.5 @ 5am

Way behind on posts because I am pancaked out, I lost count, two griddles (old school) and too much (mostly) polite queue jumping by the adults *grin*...

Hey, take my grown up children, no REALLY, please someone take them I think occasionally

Right low low fbg - @ jjraak being investigated for a few things, all gastro/endo/neuro related. I’m constantly playing for over 4, even on the days the nausea/no appetite allows me to eat. It’s going to be neurological based, dammit I’ve seen the CTs Just waiting on new dates for more tests with a very rudely apathetic consult, or his enthusiastic SHO who bounds around like a puppy shouting “reboot, it’s radical” and I’m thinking ummmm NO. Also now that I only love real food I can’t start messing with the idea of being out of control again, that’s too much to swallow

I’ve a complicated back story med wise from being diagnosed with T2. It’s really early so I’ll jump in again later to read properly, my join as LupeValez years ago & this one as me (surreal moment) really spurs me on. Bit philosophically angry about it, and I really want to watch Picard again, have a brill start to your days everyone

Engage!

B

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it was 1974 when I came home from college for Thanksgiving. My boyfriend had been going to take me to see George Harrison, in town on his Dark Horse tour. At the last minute my boyfriend decided he'd rather go watch a local Christmas tree lighting ceremony with his family. I drove my best (female) friend's twin sister to the concert, because she had a ticket, and I let her off to the sound of other people out on the sidewalk trying to scalp their tickets, none of which I had money for.
So yeah. I get how you feel about that teacher.
Hug.

Oh no! Can’t believe he’d swap George Harrison for a Christmas tree light up. Perhaps he was under pressure from his family to attend? How long did you stay with him after that? ( would have spelled the immediate parting of ways I think if it’d been me)

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 I've just been watching highlights from this year's Westminster dog show and I thought about one of the things I love about Dennis, and admire about you. Or 3 of the things. He has his ears and a lovely tail. The other Schnauzers I have seen and known have been cropped and docked, and in contrast Dennis looks much better, just IMO. Just FWIW.

Thanks Saskia I agree, I can’t understand why people crop dogs ears, I think it’s barbaric. His ears are so expressive and velvety feeling. And his tail is gorgeous. My daughter has a Great Dane with the most fabulous soft silky ears but I know it’s the fashion in some circles to crop these lovely creatures ears too - a la Scooby Doo. It’s a terrible thing to do just for fashion and I really don’t buy the argument that it stops them getting ear infections. No evidence for that at all.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning/evening folks, a 5.9 on the dice keeps me on the edge of the plains. Quit my job yesterday, first time in over forty years on site I've felt the need to do that, the three hour daily commute there and back was just getting too much, so new job on Monday that's twenty minutes on the bus into town, my van and me will be happier with that hopefully.
Have a lovely day all.
Sounds like a good decision to me so well done.

Reactions: trick60

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 very early this morning. Noisy weather outside and feeling cold kept me awake. 2 coffees in and I’m feeling great now.
Walking group this morning and art group this aft, then hairdresser coming so a busy day for me.
@trick60 that was a horrible commute, sounds like a good decision to move jobs. Hope the new one suits you better, the journey will certainly make a difference.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.2 today due to one too many salted peanuts last night I suspect. Will I ever learn and why did I buy them in the first place.
The Coronavirus is starting to get very real now. We have our house on the market so we have all sorts of strangers wandering around our personal spaces. The agents told me yesterday someone had requested viewing on Sat but hasnt fixed a time because he is away on holiday this week. It got me thinking because we have a close friend, a member of our family as we see her, with a compromised immunity due to cancer treatment who is coming to live with us in two weeks time for probably a few weeks while she recovers from surgery. So today I will be instructing the agent that before viewings they must ask the question if they have been abroad and where in the last couple of weeks. We want to sell but as always the wellness and safety of our family comes before anything else. I wonder how they will take it! Watch this space.
Have a great Wednesday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What the... blazes! Its blood test day and I wake up to a 7.0 :banghead: Why did I have cheese before bed, oh well.

Having acted as chauffeur to her ladyships aged aunts, delivering them to and from the cemetery and then back home to the Welsh Marches, I got to see the floods first hand. We also went from bright sunshine through to hail and then snow before returning to rain.

The saving grace was that the aunts had imbibed more than a sherry or two and were in a raucous mood, regaling me with tales of their misspent youth whilst I surely blushed and made matters worse. Getting them out of the Jimny (2-door) was acutely embarrassing as the public observed some old dear reversing out of a car in all her funerial finery whilst the other old dear was shouting "Grab her ass she's got dodgy hips!" :)

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.8 today, below 6 at last. :)

@trick60 sounds good, take care, I remember those long commutes, not sure about the bus mind.

@OldButBold good luck with Dracula today, I hope you get a kind gentle one and some good results.

@Debandez family time is always wonderful but in the lakes adds magic.

Snow flurries here at the moment so not sure what the day will bring once farm run duty complete.

Fill your day with as many pleasant experiences as possible

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What the... blazes! Its blood test day and I wake up to a 7.0 :banghead: Why did I have cheese before bed, oh well.

Having acted as chauffeur to her ladyships aged aunts, delivering them to and from the cemetery and then back home to the Welsh Marches, I got to see the floods first hand. We also went from bright sunshine through to hail and then snow before returning to rain.

The saving grace was that the aunts had imbibed more than a sherry or two and were in a raucous mood, regaling me with tales of their misspent youth whilst I surely blushed and made matters worse. Getting them out of the Jimny (2-door) was acutely embarrassing as the public observed some old dear reversing out of a car in all her funerial finery whilst the other old dear was shouting "Grab her ass she's got dodgy hips!" :)
I gave a funny rating but have a hug for the 7.

I do like the sound of the Aunts the world needs more such characters.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks JJ I have rushed off to check Dennis’ food, it’s a very high quality brand ( costs a fortune!) and the first few ingredients are meat. No pea powder or lentils. It seems that ultraprocessing of animal food, (to include species unnatural ingredients) is making them as sick as the ultraprocessing of human food makes us.
My cats only eat Whiskas dried Tuna pockets and tinned tuna. I have tried other things but they wont eat anything else. They are middle aged now and in great condition with glossy coats and bright eyes so it must be ok for them. It always amazes me what the marketing people come up with. I saw an ad for cat soup on tv yesterday! Should it be served with a soup spoon lol.

Reactions: Ryhia and DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Sounds like a fun and entertaining outing yesterday. Lol. Wishing you well for the test, today’s 7 is only one, admittedly very mean, result among many that will be taken into account.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning, @gennepher and Popeye.

CatDawn.jpg
Oh WOW @SaskiaKC
I love that !

Reactions: DJC3

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...I can hear mayhem upstairs I wonder who that could be?...feeling a little better today still have a sore throat & hardly any voice but getting there...ordered shopping online not going out if I can avoid it a beautifully sunny morning but freezing here...heating going on...woke to a 6.5 so numbers better that they have been for most of the last ten days...lets hope it continues.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

I'm hoping that we'll get the new bathroom light fitting put up this morning. Job was started last week after we put up the new LED fitting in the stairs but when mr gee took down the previous bathroom light fitting it became obvious that where there had been an even earlier lamp the ceiling would need a bit of remedial work before we could finish the job :sorry:
Perhaps the small dump of plasterboard dust and crumbs that turned me grey was a clue :hilarious: fortunately, having learned from experience, I was wearing my strimming goggles whilst holding the ladder :angelic:

This will probably be followed by lunch with mum later since we're normally out all day Thursday volunteering in the 'big shed'

I'm still loving the artwork @gennepher and @Muddy Cyclist your works are such a lovely windows to another world :)

Hope your day treats you well :)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OK, down off my soapbox
I've tried lots of difference kitten foods Saskia...when they arrived they were on Royal Canin GI food which is super expensive they had tummy troubles then...they went off it...tried Wainwrights another expensive brand they loved it for a week or so then the same again...Harrington's complete dry food was another wash out...now they love the Asda Tiger brand & have settled on it as their favourite...maybe not the best but at least they eat it...at their last check up with the animal charity we were loaded down with all the food they'd rejected...the shelter were very grateful for it.