What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Perfect viewing for when you’re feeling under the weather. I have to say that although Roger Moore is handsome, I was in love with Tony Curtis when they were both in the Persuaders.
Oh yes me too...TC was mesmerising...that takes me back! Agree with @HarryBeau that Roger was very handsome in The Saint.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ianpspurs Good morning. For you, a somewhat Pythonesque picture of the Montgolfier brothers:
montgolfierartprint1.jpg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@dogslife I’m glad your mouth is responding to those drops even if it’s still feeling dry. It’s unfortunate that most meds seem to have irritating side effects and meds taken for one condition often seem to have an impact on another. Good that your feet are in great shape too.

Reactions: HarryBeau

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Settling in is interesting. The location near our boys and grandchildren is why we moved. Making this a home totally depends on how much work I can get done before I reach my estimation of the true potential value of this property. At the moment I see it as a fun puzzle and am having some nice wins. I need to see the job through then find out if we have made a home from a sound investment - Julie doesn't quite see things my way. Boys and grandchildren love having us this close.

How are Julie and DIL today? Are you still on grandson caring duties?

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Thanks one and all for your wishing me good numbers for my afternoon HbA1c. Won't know the results until Thursday so will just have to sit back and do as @PenguinMum suggests and don't stress and hope that @dogslife and @ianpspurs encouraging predictions are correct.

Managed to get in a cold but wonderfully bright and sunny Muddy Cycle ride this morning, so mood is much better and aches and pains subsided although my BG is still 6.3 and all I had for breakfast was a boiled egg, yes I know that exercise pushes it up but never happy with numbers out of the 5s.

Soon be off to dodge the bugs at the health centre and receive my freely issued bruise, there is one nurse who always hurts but never causes a bruise, another that never hurts but causes huge bruises. I wonder which I will have the pleasure of meeting today?
Just setting off to the health centre for my blood test too @Muddy Cyclist. (If you were a bit nearer we could go in tandem.:D) It has one of those "Take a number" systems so hoping I don't have to sit and wait too long inhaling all the bugs as you said. They have a team of nurses so never know which one it will be. Best wishes.:)

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh yes me too...TC was mesmerising...that takes me back! Agree with @HarryBeau that Roger was very handsome in The Saint.

Can you remember what TC name was in The Persuaders? I remember it was Danny Something, and I know Roger Moore was Lord Brett Sinclair. Mr C and I have been trying to remember for weeks now ( no idea why, or what made us start to think about it - Googling not allowed)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Can you remember what TC name was in The Persuaders? I remember it was Danny Something, and I know Roger Moore was Lord Brett Sinclair. Mr C and I have been trying to remember for weeks now ( no idea why, or what made us start to think about it - Googling not allowed)
I think it was Danny Wild? @DJC3. Long time ago! I would never of remembered the name of R.M's character.:)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@dogslife I’m glad your mouth is responding to those drops even if it’s still feeling dry. It’s unfortunate that most meds seem to have irritating side effects and meds taken for one condition often seem to have an impact on another. Good that your feet are in great shape too.
Thank you @DJC3:)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher I am glad and relieved to see you back here. Thank you for posting your painting this morning. I like it very much, especially the steep hillsides. I also like the colors. To me it looks very Spring-like.
I was sorry to read about your father and your paintings. I cannot imagine that kind of pain. I do remember that when I was at Auburn University (my father went there too, and loved it), I wrote a poem about it and sent my only copy to my parents.
They didn't keep it.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning @ianpspurs. Thank you. I've never had a "hinner" before.:D My appointment was interesting. It was agreed I would increase my walking, continue relaxation to counteract the past year of full on stresses and ongoing anxieties re mum and re- focus on my low carbing more intensely so ---no increase in diabetic medication for now.:happy: She was concerned about my consistantly high blood pressure and pulse rate. Apparently there is recent evidence that taking blood pressure medication at night instead of in the morning may be more effective so I have agreed to try this for a few weeks then recheck. Also the drops have helped with my sore mouth but it remains very dry/ uncomfortable. Amitriptyline,which I take for my slipped disc pain, can cause this as can Vit. B12 deficiency so I'm to reduce my dose and to go for a blood test today. She checked my feet and said they were fine so with that and the dentist saying the same about my teeth at least two parts of me are doing well! LOL I am pleased that you seem to be settling well into your new home after what must have been a great change for you. Best wishes to you and yours.:)

Thank you for posting that. I am glad, and relieved, to read the good parts, and I hope your BP and pulse numbers will get better as other conditions improve. I have struggled with high BP for years (on 3 meds for it these days). Hugs.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Spent the morning with Simon Templar...went onto Undercover Boss...then cam GP Behind Closed Doors...amazingly I have perked up a little...now enjoying a quick coffee with Judge Rinder...not sure if the Lemsip Max or rubbish TV as long as it continues good eno0ugh for me.

Reactions: geefull

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@HarryBeau Hugs for the persistent lurgy. I hope you will take a turn for the better today. I am glad you have furry nurses to bring you twigs.
^. .^. .^
Perked up a little Saskia as I've just said to @PenguinMum ...ahh little Lola she made such a fuss as she dragged the twig inside...was worried for a moment then relieved when I spotted it was just a twig...she made such exertions to give it to me must have been the couple of leaves left on it that made it hard work bless her.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Spent the morning with Simon Templar...went onto Undercover Boss...then cam GP Behind Closed Doors...amazingly I have perked up a little...now enjoying a quick coffee with Judge Rinder...not sure if the Lemsip Max or rubbish TV as long as it continues good eno0ugh for me.
I love Judge Rinder am watching too! Glad the fur nurses are looking after you.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How are Julie and DIL today? Are you still on grandson caring duties?
Julie's has morphed into a streaming cold but eyes seem to be getting better. Grandson only needed collecting from school, feeding and ferrying to and from Beavers. DIL home last evening but back for haematology in Cambridge - not West Suffolk - on Thursday so we have granddaughter all day :):)and probably collect grandson from school:):):) Hope your bloods come back as you would like and thanks for enquiring.

Reactions: jjraak

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.6 today

out early this morning for the six monthly blood draw. Now we wait for the results :sorry: blood tests seem to be a trend here today ;)

Then we did some shopping and had a nice lunch out ;)

Yesterday we took the opportunity of a fairly wind free day and went over to mum's at lunchtime to split some of the logs which have been drying in the shed. Should last her a couple of days :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've just been over on YouTube watching Judge Rinder for the first time. Since I've never watched Judge Judy or any other US versions of this show, I'll just ask, Are these cases real? :)

Reactions: gennepher and Ryhia

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good afternoon all :)

4.6 today

out early this morning for the six monthly blood draw. Now we wait for the results :sorry: blood tests seem to be a trend here today ;)

Then we did some shopping and had a nice lunch out ;)

Yesterday we took the opportunity of a fairly wind free day and went over to mum's at lunchtime to split some of the logs which have been drying in the shed. Should last her a couple of days :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

Here's hoping you will get pleasing results from your blood draw. :)

Reactions: HarryBeau