What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 5.5 for me. Very pleased with that as last night at 11 am it was 7.7 with little idea why, tested twice.

Another wonderful Spring dawn from a fickle world that is disguising the storm that's upon us.or maybe just offering tranquility for troubled souls.

Another day ticking jobs off my ever reducing list.

Use all of your guile and cunning to face today and defeat the enemy we face.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So I'm late on show again with my daily art, days suddenly seem to be 26 hours long. Still on the @OldButBold souls lost at sea this is the idea for the second of my paintings. Colour Pencil alittle larger than A4 took 12 minutes. Wisps of mist for this one, moonlight for yesterday's, thumbnail included, I will try one more but with the lost souls in the sea.
View attachment 39652
Yesterday's lost souls
View attachment 39653

What a life full of excitement, danger and survival you have led @OldButBold Then all that knowledge and wisdom and many professions, have you been around since the beginning of time are you the real Highlander? Obviously not Tithonus as you are far too spritley.
I love this lost souls series @Muddy Cyclist
It is beautiful and haunting...

I agree, @OldButBold is the real Highlander with his escapades, but yet there is the burden of the sad experiences and tortured things he has seen which will never leave the mind, which brings a profound wisdom and all that comes with that...

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope you can too. Thanks for not posting pics! :D

Since you are on the coast, can we please talk about neaps, spring, and running seas? I'm reading "Have His Carcase" and Google is having trouble keeping up.
t57105.gif
Hello @SaskiaKC
Tides are on a monthly cycle, mostly controlled by the proximity of Moon to Earth. Springs: highest and lowest tides. Neaps: least tidal activity, not so high/not so low. Running sea sounds like a tidal flow going with the boat. assisting in a passage for a few hours until the tide turns (new tide every six hours). But could mean "there's a big sea running", meaning it's just rough and not nice. Need context.

Just now the tide at Dover is at Low Water, meaning there will be a Flood tide going up the channel for the next six hours, close to the Spring range, giving plenty of help to sailors going up the Channel.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I love this lost souls series @Muddy Cyclist
It is beautiful and haunting...

I agree, @OldButBold is the real Highlander with his escapades, but yet there is the burden of the sad experiences and tortured things he has seen which will never leave the mind, which brings a profound wisdom and all that comes with that...
Thank you for the compliment, I have decided to paint them in Watercolour I had a clear vision of how last night, strangely it's less clear today but I shall try.
Agree with your summary of @OldButBold brilliant.

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

Stretching the rations, so had 50g of Scots porridge oats with remains of milk and cream, for breakfast yesterday. **** fine.
FBG at 0600 was 7.2, not so fine, but better than recent days. Temp 36.2 C

Keep safe.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
And tonight 'use delivery services when you can',

Earlier post explains how frustrating that is, no slots for delivery or collect at any of our super markets, Morrisons offered 14 April BUT when you try to book there are no slots available. Tesco goes to 20th April but no free delivery slots and non can be booked past that date. My kids are now insisting they do our shopping, we are not desperate yet but GOVs plan obviously is not working.

Kids are prepared to do this BUT how useless,embarrassing and worrying this makes us feel, putting them at risk. I might have to sneak and do it not letting them know.

I have the same problem, no slots that I could see - on another thread someone said to check after 12:00 midnight as that is when the shops put the slots online.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have the same problem, no slots that I could see - on another thread someone said to check after 12:00 midnight as that is when the shops put the slots online.
And here Morrisons site seems to have crashed this morning, I wonder why?

Reactions: dunelm

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.7 which is disappointing and no obvious reason other than maybe the anxiety of the current situation. So will work on that best I can. I can only imagine the anxiety of HCPs and their families. As MC says the mornng is beautiful and full of promise and defies the situation we are waking up to. My plan for today is to do another bit of spring cleaning, more laundry and to get a nap in the afternoon because I am dog tired. I know I am very lucky for so many reasons.
@gennepher @Muddy Cyclist thank you for the latest art.
Have a good Tuesday. Stay well, stay safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Glad to see so many still posting thus making clear they are still with us. 6.1 for me today, disappointing as definitely keto level carbs and 10k steps - entirely on my own property and socially distanced. I'm here and not using NHS resources others require which has to be the target IMHO, I have shelter, food, heat, a loving wife, family nearby happy to shop for us and some deliveries arranged. There are acres of wide open forest and fenland we can be well distanced in. So right now I'm one of the truly blessed. @SlimLizzy DIL seems fine thank you and so do son and granddaighter. Bigger concern is another DIL who has compromised immune system.

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a very dark and not that dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of why are you up you weirdo came in at 4.5 this am thanks mainly to Mr M Erlot and his scintillating company, distanced quaintly with the use of an opened out hoola hoop.

The future is unknown as Mrs Miggins is of course still asleep and her timeline is not yet discernible.
I have to go and hunt the Snark at 0700 - baby formula - who is stockpiling blooming baby formula - it runs out of date fairly quickly. Not too worried at the moment as daughter has enough for about a week but baby needs a colic and constipation formula. As for the rest, I cooked and filled up both freezers a couple of weeks ago and if we run out of loo roll then I will resort to using lettuce leaves - but it’s just the tip of the iceberg really.

Stay well everyone, movement reduces stress so charge maniacally around your house/apartment for 10 minutes every hour in gay abandon. I shall be attempting some Joe Wicks challenges on his YouTube channel - probably the ones for children first.

Well that’s 50 minutes taken care of so best make koffy.

Tip of the iceberg! Too funny. Thanks for that giggle. Much needed.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone for another bright and sparkling morning in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of social distancing and lockdowns came in a 4.7 this am.

Another bit of confusion in the air about those working on construction sites - still a bit of Bumbling Boris in the air.
Seems that the danger zones now are journalists wandering around asking stupid questions and, of course, that filthy TV remote control. Oh, and door handles. Oh, and fuel pump handles. I’m staying indoors.

Reports of some people taking advantage of the situation, knocking on doors and demanding money in exchange for doing shopping and collecting prescriptions. Warn the vulnerable to report such incidents to local council perhaps.

I need koffy now and a chat with my inner chimp who insists that he is notionally at the correct distance away.

Stay well - mind and body inhabit the same space so do look after both.

Reactions: karen8967

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Straight 6.0 this morning with a body temp of 35.9

I'm waiting for a call from her ladyship who has planned an outing, my intent is to refuse and see what happens :)

What a life full of excitement, danger and survival you have led @OldButBold Then all that knowledge and wisdom and many professions, have you been around since the beginning of time are you the real Highlander? Obviously not Tithonus as you are far too spritley.

Not the first time that reference has been used ;), the soundtrack of the film is what got me really interested in the music of Queen. My diversity is all down to being autistic and having some of the talents and misfortunes that go with it. I was dealt and extreme life and it's been an interesting journey, however the darkness was always balanced by the light, and the pain always soothed by the joy.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 today.

Just on catch up mode but will leave you with this. Apologies if it has already been posted, lots to catch up on!

Subject: *What is the Corona/ Covid-19 Virus Really Teaching us?* I’m a strong believer that there is a spiritual purpose behind everything that happens, whether that is what we perceive as being good or being bad. As I meditate upon this, I want to share with you what I feel the Corona/ Covid-19 virus is really doing to us: 1) It is reminding us that we are all equal, regardless of our culture, religion, occupation, financial situation or how famous we are. This disease treats us all equally, perhaps we should to. If you don’t believe me, just ask Tom Hanks. 2) It is reminding us that we are all connected and something that affects one person has an effect on another. It is reminding us that the false borders that we have put up have little value as this virus does not need a passport. It is reminding us, by oppressing us for a short time, of those in this world whose whole life is spent in oppression. 3) It is reminding us of how precious our health is and how we have moved to neglect it through eating nutrient poor manufactured food and drinking water that is contaminated with chemicals upon chemicals. If we don’t look after our health, we will, of course, get sick. 4) It is reminding us of the shortness of life and of what is most important for us to do, which is to help each other, especially those who are old or sick. Our purpose is not to buy toilet roll. 5) It is reminding us of how materialistic our society has become and how, when in times of difficulty, we remember that it’s the essentials that we need (food, water, medicine) as opposed to the luxuries that we sometimes unnecessarily give value to. 6) It is reminding us of how important our family and home life is and how much we have neglected this. It is forcing us back into our houses so we can rebuild them into our home and to strengthen our family unit. 7) It is reminding us that our true work is not our job, that is what we do, not what we were created to do. Our true work is to look after each other, to protect each other and to be of benefit to one another. It is reminding us to keep our egos in check. It is reminding us that no matter how great we think we are or how great others think we are, a virus can bring our world to a standstill. 9) It is reminding us that the power of freewill is in our hands. We can choose to cooperate and help each other, to share, to give, to help and to support each other or we can choose to be selfish, to hoard, to look after only our self. Indeed, it is difficulties that bring out our true colors. 10) It is reminding us that we can be patient, or we can panic. We can either understand that this type of situation has happened many times before in history and will pass, or we can panic and see it as the end of the world and, consequently, cause ourselves more harm than good. 11) It is reminding us that this can either be an end or a new beginning. This can be a time of reflection and understanding, where we learn from our mistakes, or it can be the start of a cycle which will continue until we finally learn the lesson we are meant to. 12) It is reminding us that this Earth is sick. It is reminding us that we need to look at the rate of deforestation just as urgently as we look at the speed at which toilet rolls are disappearing off of shelves. We are sick because our home is sick. 13) It is reminding us that after every difficulty, there is always ease. Life is cyclical, and this is just a phase in this great cycle. We do not need to panic; this too shall pass. 14) Whereas many see the Corona/ Covid-19 virus as a great disaster, I prefer to see it as a *great corrector* It is sent to remind us of the important lessons that we seem to have forgotten and it is up to us if we will learn them or not.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Kids are prepared to do this
NO not useless boring or embarrassing OBB...they want to do it for you it's important for them to be able to offer support one of the few ways they can I've no doubt they will be extremely careful...I understand your concerns of course we're all worried about putting our loved ones in jeopardy however they must be so worried about you both think about it for a day or so.

Last edited: