What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher I really liked your blossom picture, can't see what you dislike about it, a success.

We have to keep all our veg and seed covered or they are emptied by birds or squirrels. Mrs MC wove spiders webs out of garden string to start, now we cover them with an old mosquito net.

Thanks for liking the blossom painting @Muddy Cyclist

It is a little different direction for me. So wasn't sure how I felt about it.

I like your sunrise very much.

Reactions: jjraak

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 which is probably about right. New sensor plugged in! Letting it bed in for 24 hours then activating it with libre reader. Hoping for more accurate readings.

Chill day today. Sitting in the beautiful sunshine. Bbq for dinner. Naked burgers, sausage and chicken kebab with salad. Its our anniversary. 34 years since we met. Had prosecco and wine. Well it has to be done! The time has flown.

i played this for him. while he was bbq'ing, keeping him sweet (wanted the biggest burger!!!). Love it. Love him.

3 weeks more at least of lockdown. Me n Eric good with that. Feel for people like the lady I spoke to in Sainsburys who had 5 young boys, in a flat, no garden, all with special needs. That has to be most challenging situation to be in 24/7. We feel very lucky.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3 which is probably about right. New sensor plugged in! Letting it bed in for 24 hours then activating it with libre reader. Hoping for more accurate readings.

Chill day today. Sitting in the beautiful sunshine. Bbq for dinner. Naked burgers, sausage and chicken kebab with salad. Its our anniversary. 34 years since we met. Had prosecco and wine. Well it has to be done! The time has flown.

i played this for him. while he was bbq'ing, keeping him sweet (wanted the biggest burger!!!). Love it. Love him.

3 weeks more at least of lockdown. Me n Eric good with that. Feel for people like the lady I spoke to in Sainsburys who had 5 young boys, in a flat, no garden, all with special needs. That has to be most challenging situation to be in 24/7. We feel very lucky.

Thank you for introducing me to that song, Deb's. Love it.
Will look for more of his.

And yeah the day sounds nice.

Also agree on the young lady.
The poo poohing of those using public space IS a delicate balancing act .

How can those, as my Lauren tells me like Zara Phillips..(love her) tell those without, to stay in their homes.

Apparently when questioned, Zara said she couldn't possibly answer, how those using such public spaces should behave when she had acres of grounds to walk in daily..

Love anyone who can walk in someone's shoes for a moment.

Happy anniversary.
Well done Eric for staying the course..;)

Much joy to you both
Have a brilliant evening..xx

Reactions: UserABC2021

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Congratulations for your day of meeting, it seems you recaptured that magic, something special. I feel dates first met are more meaningful than wedding anniversaries, I first walked Mrs Mc home (Kathy) from Youth Club (whatever happened to those?) on the 15th April 1965 we were both 15 what a long time ago but still remember the magic.

Reactions: Ryhia

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just got in from a lovely walk. I ran into a neighbor who invited me to walk around the cul-de-sac with her. I don't know if we kept an exact 6' apart -- I guess I should have lent her one of my walking poles and we could have walked along keeping 2 sticks' length apart -- a whole new type of point-to-point! :D
She kept remarking on all the "sick" and "dying" trees in the circle park. She attributes it to climate change; I believe it is poor soil and lack of gardening.
Anyway, we had a lovely walk and a nice visit. :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
exactly the reason we should explore other avenues of news.

The ostrich position only suits those who wish us to see ONLY
their narrow view of how well we are doing.

True or not..who knows ,but we owe it to ourselves and those we love
AND those dying OR dead, to be open to exploring other viewpoints.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar..._mchannel=rss&ico=taboola_feed_desktop_health

we will not go quietly
the HERD remembers.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As long as we've been talking about possums and buckets, can any of you tell me about wantitumps?

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for introducing me to that song, Deb's. Love it.
Will look for more of his.

And yeah the day sounds nice.

Also agree on the young lady.
The poo poohing of those using public space IS a delicate balancing act .

How can those, as my Lauren tells me like Zara Phillips..(love her) tell those without, to stay in their homes.

Apparently when questioned, Zara said she couldn't possibly answer, how those using such public spaces should behave when she had acres of grounds to walk in daily..

Love anyone who can walk in someone's shoes for a moment.

Happy anniversary.
Well done Eric for staying the course..;)

Much joy to you both
Have a brilliant evening..xx

Thanks @jjraak just chilled to be honest. Listening to great music. Soaking up the sun. Appreciating the small things.

Try Lauren Daigle too, this for example

Reactions: Ryhia

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations for your day of meeting, it seems you recaptured that magic, something special. I feel dates first met are more meaningful than wedding anniversaries, I first walked Mrs Mc home (Kathy) from Youth Club (whatever happened to those?) on the 15th April 1965 we were both 15 what a long time ago but still remember the magic.

Wonderful. And just 15. Young love. When you meet that special someone there is indeed magic in the air. I had been engaged to someone else. It was on and off. Then finally I said NO MORE and went into a travel agent to book myself to go to France. On my own. I was 23. The travel agent said there was something called 'chez l'habitant ' where you stay with a French family. ny French was OK. Felt brave enough to do it. Stayed with a young couple. Her dad was a French ambassador and had bought them this apartment in Tracadero area. A wedding gift! She was a model. beautiful with long red hair. He a classical guitarist. They had met at one of his concerts. He saw her in the audience and sent a message to her! I had a wonderful 2 weeks in Paris healing my broken heart. Came home. A good friend asked if I wanted a blind date NO THANKS! So my best friend went. It was with Eric. There was no spark For them. But the next time I went out with my best friend we bumped into Eric and his friends. There was magic in the air that evening. 16th April 1986. We both knew we had found our soul mate. We married 7 months later, a small affair but we just 'wanted to be togevva '. So we celebrate every year. This year it was just a small affair. Perfect.

Reactions: ianpspurs

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And inside ALL of us.
Is THAT MOMENT when WE SAY..

we WON'T go quietly.
We WILL FIGHT
We will fight for WHAT is needed
FOR WHAT IS RIGHT
For US, for those we LOVE.
For everyone.

We won't just believe your lies.
We look beyond.
We protect those WE love
Who YOU abandoned...

And WE REMEMBER what YOU did, when WE needed YOU most.

FOREVER.

[Mod edit for thinly disguised obscenity.}

Last edited by a moderator:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wonderful. And just 15. Young love. When you meet that special someone there is indeed magic in the air. I had been engaged to someone else. It was on and off. Then finally I said NO MORE and went into a travel agent to book myself to go to France. On my own. I was 23. The travel agent said there was something called 'chez l'habitant ' where you stay with a French family. ny French was OK. Felt brave enough to do it. Stayed with a young couple. Her dad was a French ambassador and had bought them this apartment in Tracadero area. A wedding gift! She was a model. beautiful with long red hair. He a classical guitarist. They had met at one of his concerts. He saw her in the audience and sent a message to her! I had a wonderful 2 weeks in Paris healing my broken heart. Came home. A good friend asked if I wanted a blind date NO THANKS! So my best friend went. It was with Eric. There was no spark For them. But the next time I went out with my best friend we bumped into Eric and his friends. There was magic in the air that evening. 16th April 1986. We both knew we had found our soul mate. We married 7 months later, a small affair but we just 'wanted to be togevva '. So we celebrate every year. This year it was just a small affair. Perfect.

A beautifull story.
My Lauren and me same.

I knew.
Right there, right then

Been lucky every since.

Cheers to you both.
Many years together
May many more come to pass.

Xx

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That Cuomo

HE IS IS such presence.
How lucky are Americans to have him as a governor and so many others, rejecting president orange..

Once again trump proved wrong.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/14/trump-coronavirus-reopen-us-cuomo

#Prayforamerica.

Up in the middle of the night after talking to my family in the US. President Agolf Twitler is never far from their thoughts, his leadership on par with Nero except that Twitler is counting his money as the US burns.

In the recent past, the US went to war to 'liberate' the Middle East from 'tyrants' (they originally placed in power) and now they have their own tyrant, a truly evil excuse for a human who extols himself as some sort of messiah and his cult is happy because he represents every racist and evil thought they ever had, their twisted fundamentalist ideology supporting a liar that has broken most of their precious commandments and all of the seven cardinal sins.

My father-in-law, a retired chief surgeon back on the frontline helping in NY, my sister-in-law nursing on the frontline in NY. These people and millions more should not be putting their lives on the line to put gold in Twitler's pockets.

Like you, I hope Cuomo and others fight for the people not the Fatted Calf

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6 for me today.

Family meal tonight, over the airways obviously so need to get sorted. All cooking different as it was going to be too complicated with the Vegan section in this occasion. Early start as I have to get groomed, makeuped, costume prepared, find the best camera angle, set up the equipment, breakout the best crockery, after all you never know who may be looking in, Zoom! :watching:

Keep doing whatever you are doing well.