What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.2

Awake since 3am
A bit stormy and rainy here.

Painting for today in Procreate...
Now for a nap, and begin the day again...
E6293E9B-B87E-4901-8BAB-99FC167AE601.jpeg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.45am FBG 5.9
WINTER IS COMING
After stom Alex knocked down nearly all the apples and walnuts will be easier cutting the grass today, if the rain holds off, and after a trip to the tip.
Tried a slightly different technique with Cats medicine this morning, worked well, although perhaps partly because of the surprise element. Only 17 more doses.
Phoned my brother, delighted to hear we will be back in UK and claiming a spot almost immediately after quarantine for lunch.

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.2

Awake since 3am
A bit stormy and rainy here.

Painting for today in Procreate...
Now for a nap, and begin the day again...
View attachment 44411
So much light! A well seen spirit of the night and brilliant golden light effect. Like the water also, dark yet leaves us in no doubt that it is fluid and not solid. Must have taken awhile to create.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Muddy Cyclist don't overdo it just because the back is making progress - been there, done that, several tee-shirts. @lindisfel yes, there are some lovely places to walk around here but The Old Country was just as flat despite this. There was a very large RSPB reserve being constructed on the washes and old gravel pits which was gorgeous for dog walking.

Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm

lindisfel

Expert
Very wet and dark this am, I can't remember summer sliding into winter as fast as this before? Perhaps it is all the smoke from the burnings around the planet?

I checked we had plenty of fuel yesterday and the boiler won't be off much all day.

Within ten years most of us country dwellers will have to replace our fossil fuel boilers with ground source or air source heat pumps.

Not enough money is going into new energy sources, the 2050 objective is going to be difficult to attain in a non covid world, and looks to be too late anyway without a technology fix.
D.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a damp squib of a start in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of chicken with roasted squash and spinach came in a 5.1 this am

Trundling our granddaughter through the park yesterday and the symbolic feeding of the ducks and other eager species. Yesterday it was a real melee; ducks, geese, gulls, terns, a stalking heron, patient swans and unusually, on one of the lake islands a couple of cormorants, far too dignified to join in. Leaves are turning, some trees now bereft of foliage, squirrels charging about in the undergrowth. So, today, a heron.
Hope everyone has a good day, don’t think that we are doing very much but I will be making koffy.

upload_2020-10-3_7-58-21.jpeg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
@Muddy Cyclist somewhat better = not completely healed. Be very careful. How is the tooth?
@gennepher such an exuberant painting.
Keep safe and well everyone.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 this morning. Relaxing with a coffee while Mr K takes Archie and Poppy out for a rather wet walk. I was just so tired this morning so it is so nice to relax a bit.

Did a huge catch up yesterday in admin and lesson plans. Off to Norwich shortly for the Saturday classes.

lindisfel

Expert
@Muddy Cyclist don't overdo it just because the back is making progress - been there, done that, sever tee-shirts. @lindisfel yes, there are some lovely places to walk around here but The Old Country was just as flat despite this. There was a very large RSPB reserve being constructed on the washes and old gravel pits which was gorgeous for dog walking.
Such places after generations fit like an old jacket and must be difficult to leave.
D.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: UserABC2021

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Such places after generations fit like an old jacket and must be difficult to leave.
D.
Difficult is a huge understatement but for some time now there has been a row there over the generations which include myself and my children being unable to afford houses. Anything new tends to be 5 bed aspirational and those paying that price demand no plebs! Being here is my time in Egypt but once we learn to live with COVID Newmarket and Bury St Edmunds will do. This is my comfort zone for a market town IMHO sets the bar quite high. Beyond that, I was born in Cambridge and nothing comes close. Ely is a good runner up. No 1 son went out of his way to chose Bangor Uni for his degree . Allegedly because their wetlands management course, as part of his Countryside Management degree, was the best a man could get. I think it was just to make me pay for an extra year but maybe the area was deeply embedded. He spent hours walking the dogs and fishing there.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Denelm,
You will know, but if an heron is unusually approachable, one should not go near it, it has a built in dagger.
The former reserve manager, rspb, near here told me injured herons are difficult to deal with, they go for the eyes.
D.
Good morning everyone from a damp squib of a start in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of chicken with roasted squash and spinach came in a 5.1 this am

Trundling our granddaughter through the park yesterday and the symbolic feeding of the ducks and other eager species. Yesterday it was a real melee; ducks, geese, gulls, terns, a stalking heron, patient swans and unusually, on one of the lake islands a couple of cormorants, far too dignified to join in. Leaves are turning, some trees now bereft of foliage, squirrels charging about in the undergrowth. So, today, a heron.
Hope everyone has a good day, don’t think that we are doing very much but I will be making koffy.

View attachment 44412

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Within ten years most of us country dwellers will have to replace our fossil fuel boilers with ground source or air source air pumps
Not just oil and wood stoves, gas boilers throughout the land. Then think on a larger scale of all the wood stoves seen in Europe and into Russia this change will be a huge undertaking. I fear it's now been left too late and it will probably take a panic and radical decision to mandatory ban all fossil fuels world wide, is that likely to happen, will it be enough, I'm not sure? I fear for my grandchildren, interesting and difficult times ahead.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not just oil and wood stoves, gas boilers throughout the land. Then think on a larger scale of all the wood stoves seen in Europe and into Russia this change will be a huge undertaking. I fear it's now been left too late and it will probably take a panic and radical decision to mandatory ban all fossil fuels world wide, is that likely to happen, will it be enough, I'm not sure? I fear for my grandchildren, interesting and difficult times ahead.
No 3 son's home - refurbished Lakenheath base property - has heat source heating and hot water. Most villages and some towns around here rely on oil, "bottled" gas or judging by the gardens old pallets. However, until the demographic which rewards this type of lunacy expires or has a Damascene conversion I wouldn't hold your breath. No 3 son is involved in an epic struggle to green a well known charity - seems to be a culture war internally.

Last edited: