What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Trundling our granddaughter through the park yesterday and the symbolic feeding of the ducks and other eager species. Yesterday it was a real melee; ducks, geese, gulls, terns, a stalking heron, patient swan
Have noticed at out Wildlife Centre the melee of such creatures ignore us if we walk there without children, butgo with grandchildren and they mob us in huge flocks, they certainly know which side their bread is buttered. :)

Nice Heron by the way.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No 3 son's home - refurbished Lakenheath base property - has heat source heating and hot water. Most villages and some towns around here rely on oil, "bottled" gas or judging by the gardens old pallets.
My sons 1700s draughty cottage wood stoves in all downstairs rooms and oil central heating would take a huge amount of money to improve the carbon footprint, so would our 1970s home. Electric would be an option but according to a Western Power worker I know he says if the whole of our street went electric, vehicles as well, supply cables would need to be upgraded as they probably would not cope with the demand. Not sure if that's correct but if it is, we live in a street of 20 houses so nationally that's a huge undertaking. Also new builds in this area are still getting gas boilers and even oil.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So much light! A well seen spirit of the night and brilliant golden light effect. Like the water also, dark yet leaves us in no doubt that it is fluid and not solid. Must have taken awhile to create.
Thank you very much @Muddy Cyclist
:)
I do like Procreate and layers now I am understanding it more and more.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My sons 1700s draughty cottage wood stoves in all downstairs rooms and oil central heating would take a huge amount of money to improve the carbon footprint, so would our 1970s home. Electric would be an option but according to a Western Power worker I know he says if the whole of our street went electric, vehicles as well, supply cables would need to be upgraded as they probably would not cope with the demand. Not sure if that's correct but if it is, we live in a street of 20 houses so nationally that's a huge undertaking. Also new builds in this area are still getting gas boilers and even oil.
Agreed. Interesting how some just think make it paper or electric etc without considering all the other changes needed. No 3 son's property qualifies for some of this

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a damp squib of a start in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of chicken with roasted squash and spinach came in a 5.1 this am

Trundling our granddaughter through the park yesterday and the symbolic feeding of the ducks and other eager species. Yesterday it was a real melee; ducks, geese, gulls, terns, a stalking heron, patient swans and unusually, on one of the lake islands a couple of cormorants, far too dignified to join in. Leaves are turning, some trees now bereft of foliage, squirrels charging about in the undergrowth. So, today, a heron.
Hope everyone has a good day, don’t think that we are doing very much but I will be making koffy.

View attachment 44412
Beautiful willow leaves and heron @dunelm

Reactions: ianpspurs

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and Ducks.

The forecast today is wall to wall rain and the media is full of wall to wall Trumpton. Best avoided.

Bloods this morning were a perplexing 8.0, but below 10 so still in the good range.

As a few of our fellow posters and painters know one of my many pastimes is wood working and this morning I checked my order book, somehow somebody called Son of Noah has got to the top with an order for a boat. How that order crept into the book I know not.

Stay dry, stay safe and have you got your sprouts on order yet?

Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Alf,
Do you have enough Gopher wood?
It is very hard to come by.
Last time I looked there was a cheap lot for sale ex Mount Ararat on ebay.
D.

The forecast today is wall to wall rain and the media is full of wall to wall Trumpton. Best avoided.

Bloods this morning were a perplexing 8.0, but below 10 so still in the good range.

As a few of our fellow posters and painters know one of my many pastimes is wood working and this morning I checked my order book, somehow somebody called Son of Noah has got to the top with an order for a boat. How that order crept into the book I know not.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...pouring rain here even the cats are refusing to go out after spending most of yesterday indoors...one coffee down another brewing...good luck to my neighbour & friend who is off to The Lake District to climb Scarfell Pike she is adventurous...lots of cat angst about which should occupy the best seat in the house mine...so at great expense they have two new adjoining baskets which they seem content with courtesy of Amazon...woke to a 6.5...keep safe everyone.

adjoining rooms.JPG

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...pouring rain here even the cats are refusing to go out after spending most of yesterday indoors...one coffee down another brewing...good luck to my neighbour & friend who is off to The Lake District to climb Scarfell Pike she is adventurous...lots of cat angst about which should occupy the best seat in the house mine...so at great expense they have two new adjoining baskets which they seem content with courtesy of Amazon...woke to a 6.5...keep safe everyone.

View attachment 44414
A Prime example of amzonian recycling. :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 44414

It's not CAT WARS, yet..

but the skirmishing would tax the very best of diplomats or blue helmets.

So jolly well done finding a two state solution that's amenable.
Even, if only for the moment.

Love hearing about them ❤️

Best of luck to your friend.
Let's hope weather is kind to them

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
t's not CAT WARS, yet..
Hostilities have ceased now albeit likely a temporary truce...furry snug cave pyramid bed ignored...fluffy doughnut bed ignored...a cardboard box now De Rigueur in our house hoping the boxes will last the weekend...more deliveries next week.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning.

No fbg today
The Croydon road trip went well.
Rained the entire trip.
Windy above normal, so traffic at a standstill most of the way.

Took Pablo.

loaded up, fired up the hog and set off.

Two hours trip easy in the car, smashed down to 40 sedate minutes filtering sedately around the jams.

First cuppa done, next jnearly ready, kettle just boiling.
Cats fed and watered, now in and out the garden door doing whatever it is cats do.

A dry day here at the moment.
A pottering sort of day.

Hope all are well.
Take care.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well a fbg of 4.4 this morning. Was down stairs with a cappuccino coffee listening to the funeral march on my Amazon Echo at 6 AM it seemed to fit with the horrible grey rainy day outside don't know why but it seemed to lift my mood somewhat maybe I'm turning Goth.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

May not be of use, but did hear Johnson might be looking for work some time next year ?
Useful as a gopher if needed,
But I'd say keep him away from the sharper tools or the flood could be over by the time he's finished shaving one bit of wood...ooh and ties..he's awkward with ties...allegedly..;)

Reactions: JohnEGreen