What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
And what a great place to start your world tour, mountains at sunrise from the highest peak. Majestic Mountains and wonderful colour wash for sun rise.
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist - we have added Kazakhstan to our itinerary so that we can ride horses and shoot arrows. Mrs Miggins has drawn the line at their version of polo - spoil sport.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.3 today

another soggy day here, it's been tipping down all day.

thank you all for your kind support of my seasonal blues :)

however I have managed to get going and cook a piece of pork for tomorrow's meal and roast some parsnips left over from Christmas so that I can make some curried parsnip soup. Bit carbier than usual but not too bad if you keep the soup base closer to the bacon and veg version, parsnip has quite a pervasive taste I find so you don't need a massive amount to give it that flavour, especially not if you're adding curry. I try to keep a bit of homemade chicken curry back for the purpose too. Adds to the protein content ;)

Back into the kitchen to make some red cabbage to go with the pork now. A tiny bit of apple added at the last minute but mostly the apple flavour comes from using apple cider vinegar. smoked bacon and a shallot too of course :D should have mellowed nicely by tomorrow.

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@lindisfel - thank you for identifying my waterfall, it wasn't named in the image I saw :)

@gennepher - Henrietta, what a charming name for a quail :joyful: glad you got to share more time together with your friends.
I like your hopeful art today with it's diffused warm light.

@Krystyna23040 - so glad that Archie is making such steady progress :)

@dunelm - quite 'middle earth' reminiscent today, I really like it, it's such detailed work for such a small piece of paper. The results from these different types of paper are interesting :)
I love the idea of the world trip planning :joyful:

@ianpspurs - your poor MIL, hugs to her, what a way to treat those who are already in the most vulnerable category :( Hope she's happily warm and dry now.

@Muddy Cyclist - Wow, that was a quick turn round for your specs. :)

I love your painting, especially the way you have the light streaming through the trees and the colours reflecting in the water :joyful:

Art bit - my version of a work by an artist called J. Pearce

upload_2021-1-16_20-17-54.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you @gennepher. I think you are right that Archie just needs showing a few things again so that his automatic responses kick in again. Did you find the same with Truffle?
Yes. I think they need reminding a few times, then maybe their brain pathways, or something, kicks back into gear again.

Reactions: Antje77

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.3 today

however I have managed to get going and cook a piece of pork for tomorrow's meal and roast some parsnips left over from Christmas so that I can make some curried parsnip soup. Bit carbier than usual but not too bad if you keep the soup base closer to the bacon and veg version, parsnip has quite a pervasive taste I find so you don't need a massive amount to give it that flavour, especially not if you're adding curry. I try to keep a bit of homemade chicken curry back for the purpose too. Adds to the protein content ;)

Back into the kitchen to make some red cabbage to go with the pork now. A tiny bit of apple added at the last minute but mostly the apple flavour comes from using apple cider vinegar. smoked bacon and a shallot too of course :D should have mellowed nicely by tomorrow.

@lindisfel - thank you for identifying my waterfall, it wasn't named in the image I saw :)

@gennepher - Henrietta, what a charming name for a quail :joyful: glad you got to share more time together with your friends.

@dunelm - quite 'middle earth' reminiscent today, I really like it, it's such detailed work for such a small piece of paper. The results from these different types of paper are interesting :)

@ianpspurs - your poor MIL, hugs to her, what a way to treat those who are already in the most vulnerable category :( Hope she's happily warm and dry now.

I love your painting, especially the way you have the light streaming through the trees and the colours reflecting in the water :joyful:

View attachment 46915
I do love your painting today. I love the way you have painted the trees and the reflection on the water of the colours in the sky.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes. I think they need reminding a few times, then maybe their brain pathways, or something, kicks back into gear again.
That is so interesting. I think the same is happening with his walking. His legs wouldn't hold him up yesterday so we had to do what the vet suggested - put a towel underneath him like a sling to support him to help him walk. Yesterday and this morning we had to support his whole weight with the sling and his harness. Gradually throughout the day he has begun to walk unaided. Very wobbly at first but now much more stable. It was as though he has suddenly remembered how to walk. His progress is amazing.

Reactions: mojo37

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.3 today

View attachment 46915
Thank you for your kind comments on my watercolour.

Your version of the JP's work is very good indeed, like that colour choice in the winter scene.

Sunday lunch sounds great, pheraps it's a good job you are so far North or a lot of forum members may be clambering to join you. :)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Very wobbly at first but now much more stable. It was as though he has suddenly remembered how to walk. His progress is amazing.
Best thing to read before bed!

And to add my own little feel-good story of pets and strokes, here's one of a very lucky guinea pig: Over a year ago I found one of my outdoor guinea pigs on her side, head tilted and somewhat wobbling along. I figured it was likely a stroke, so not much a vet could do, I decided to wait and see, as it did eat some veggies.
It didn't get much better over a week, so I decided to ask my neighbour to euthanise her. (Don't get mad at me for having my neighbour do this for my small animals like guinea pigs, bunnies and chickens please. It saves them a stressfull drive to the vet, and it saves me 75 euro's minus a 6-pack of beer.)
Neighbour came over and I picked up the guinea pig and put it in the wheel barrow for a minute. Where it happily walked around, albeit a little lopsided!
So I changed my mind, apologised to my neighbour, and said guinea pig lived happily ever after for over a year, lopsided and all, before it died of, I guess, old age :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Best thing to read before bed!

And to add my own little feel-good story of pets and strokes, here's one of a very lucky guinea pig: Over a year ago I found one of my outdoor guinea pigs on her side, head tilted and somewhat wobbling along. I figured it was likely a stroke, so not much a vet could do, I decided to wait and see, as it did eat some veggies.
It didn't get much better over a week, so I decided to ask my neighbour to euthanise her. (Don't get mad at me for having my neighbour do this for my small animals like guinea pigs, bunnies and chickens please. It saves them a stressfull drive to the vet, and it saves me 75 euro's minus a 6-pack of beer.)
Neighbour came over and I picked up the guinea pig and put it in the wheel barrow for a minute. Where it happily walked around, albeit a little lopsided!
So I changed my mind, apologised to my neighbour, and said guinea pig lived happily ever after for over a year, lopsided and all, before it died of, I guess, old age :)
It was lovely reading about your guinea pig. It is amazing how she suddenly recovered. It does look as though animals recover from strokes much faster than we do.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That is so interesting. I think the same is happening with his walking. His legs wouldn't hold him up yesterday so we had to do what the vet suggested - put a towel underneath him like a sling to support him to help him walk. Yesterday and this morning we had to support his whole weight with the sling and his harness. Gradually throughout the day he has begun to walk unaided. Very wobbly at first but now much more stable. It was as though he has suddenly remembered how to walk. His progress is amazing.
Brilliant, I am so pleased!
:)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.3 today

View attachment 46915
Thank you for your kind comments. Curried parsnip soup sounds the business and you have reminded me that we have some red cabbage in the freezer. Your JP emulation in very good. Lovely colours in that winter scene - such a light touch.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a feint touch of hope in the dawn sky here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of prawn jalfrezi came in at 5.4 this am - must have been that mouse size nibble of cake afterwards.

Yesterday brightened up a bit late in the morning so waterproofs on and a good five miles clocked. Found train route from Almaly in Kazakhstan to Ulan Bator and then down to Bejing - takes a few days - might be nice. Lots of permits and visas needed. Blooming Govt of the Netherlands fell after some dodgy search algorithm came to light targeting people with foreign names and accusing them of benefit fraud. I have a brother, a Dutch citizen, who lives in Limburg and who has been banging on about the state of the Dutch Govt for years. Skype call to my sister in France - they have a 6pm curfew, how exciting. She is planning to move in with the parents after our mother has a hip replacement next month. Propaganda - when a Yorkshireman has a right good look.

Art today - trying for a moonlit sky - better have another go. The ink is layered on the front this time - A4 rice paper, unsized. Have a wonderful day - I can see some bits of blue appearing now - fab. Koffy time.

upload_2021-1-17_7-43-51.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: mojo37

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Only ate one cooked meal yesterday, first thing. Introduced eggs again...

Still dark as night here...cloudy.

Painting for today. In Procreate.

No sign of sunrise here yet..

AE456E4E-8D5C-4E4C-AC8A-C2FFAA0C059D.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.7 for me today.

Dull here but a promise of sun. A Muddy Cycle ride for a few hours then a Zoom meeting with the West Gallery Quire no singing though. Mrs Mc and I are recording another West Gallery Piece for YouTube and also a Recorder Quartet piece by Mozart but that's just for our Quartet, keeping in practice in the vague hope one day we may gig again doubt it will be put on the internet.

Keep safe hope you day is kind to you.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings everyone. No Swipey no cry - earworm now enTrenchtowned (we're banned from the Govt yard). Since it takes me time to post and y'all time to read I need to think more carefully about the purpose of all this. Enjoy planning your freedom? trip @dunelm; good news on Archie @Krystyna23040 ; the meetup and music making @Muddy Cyclist ; the weather and life on the Ocean wave @True Blue. Great artwork @gennepher. Glad to hear the seasonal blues are changing colour @geefull and the meal sounds like a winner. Parsnip soup has often appealed to me so I will try it some time. @karen8967 some well grouped fbgs lately which must be a blessing. Swipey may be "back in the game" (™, Flanagan, M) tomorrow - day to settle so Tuesday for useful data?

Last edited: