What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
A light covering of snow this am, but all the snow was higher up and further east and south.

Off to Carlisle hospital this pm for Marjorie to have her ears tested in Audiology before she gets some new hearing aids, her old one needs replacing.

I had to repair her old one coincidentally in the week when it dropped apart when she was going to Tai Chi. The piping only lasts six months before going hard and brittle.

This is another service that has gone down since Doctors are no longer responsible for cleaning out ear wax although they will check ears for problems before one goes to audiology at hospital.
Also during the pandemic the local voluntary maintenance service and battery replenishment has ceased.

One thinks about the elderly who now have to pay money in Carlisle to get their ear wax cleaned out or now send their hearing aid through post to get them repaired can't manage without them for at least a week.
D.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Thank you very much @Krystyna23040
Yes it does.
I still remember one of my mishaps in the snow. I had been giving Mr K's dad a lecture on just how dangerous it was on our patio when icy. I stepped out into the patio and said - look how slippery it is.

You can guess what happened. Once I had painfully hauled myself up he said 'I wasn't the one who fell over'.

He had altzheimers but he never forgot that incident and would often turn to me and proudly say 'I wasn't the one who fell over'.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.3 this morning on The Magical Mystery Tour of blood sugar readings. Blood sugars went haywire yesterday yesterday - no idea why.

Too horrid outside for the early morning dog walk so I am relaxing with a coffee before my morning Zoom course. So lovely not to have to go to London for the course.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
And Midnight really surprised me how playful he was, he was definitely channelling his inner kitten...
Our 16 year old Archie was channelling his inner puppy this morning. He was running round the house chasing Poppy and bouncing up and down like a baby lamb. They are now both snoring loudly on their beds.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A light covering of snow this am, but all the snow was higher up and further east and south.

Off to Carlisle hospital this pm for Marjorie to have her ears tested in Audiology before she gets some new hearing aids, her old one needs replacing.

I had to repair her old one coincidentally in the week when it dropped apart when she was going to Tai Chi. The piping only lasts six months before going hard and brittle.

This is another service that has gone down since Doctors are no longer responsible for cleaning out ear wax although they will check ears for problems before one goes to audiology at hospital.
Also during the pandemic the local voluntary maintenance service and battery replenishment has ceased.

One thinks about the elderly who now have to pay money in Carlisle to get their ear wax cleaned out or now send their hearing aid through post to get them repaired can't manage without them for at least a week.
D.
All the best with that trip.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6:09am 5.4 ➡️ - Thursday's carbs: 127 *I couldn't add a nice green blob emoji so decided to change the colour to reflect the range!

Training: Today was the elliptical - and my challenge next week is to get 4 sessions done so that I can keep up my unbeaten run including a golf clinic holiday in Islantilla. All booked before late mum's bungalow boiler died and needed replacing, and my electric gates decided to go on the fritz. Probably my only hols this year, but holidays are a privilege and not a right, so I will head out and enjoy my birthday chasing golf balls in the sun in Spain, and be thankful that I am able to manage that this year. I need to scrape together a weekend with my bestie golfing and spa day before she succumbs to a 10th (!) knee op. Pro tennis is dangerous y'all!

There was no golf to be had yesterday - absolutely chucking it down, so we had breakfast at the club and then came home.
Suspect Saturday's game (thankfully only a sneaky 9) might be a soggy day too... meh!

Keep your fingers crossed for me - hoping to sign up my first copywriting client today. A local PT who has a more nurturing approach than some of the military types yelling at people on bootcamps on the Common (although he does do bootcamps too). He is focusing on fitness for over-50s and its benefit on mental health. Something I feel is very much worth promoting. Whether I can get him to pony up for the help he needs to create the imagery, manage a schedule and build his brand... is another matter!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the chilly whiteness that is the dark and dangerous north. This now the season of that social media game of ‘how much snow’ photos, ‘will the school be open’ and ‘who’s forgotten how to drive’. Garage conversion begins today. What fun. I also need to remember to take peak flow readings morning and evening. Evidently up to a 10% difference indicates that asthma meds are working as planned - more than that - they need reviewing. Art bit, the start of another lighthouse. Have the best day that you can, take care underfoot. Koffy is brewing.

1678438414709.jpeg

lindisfel

Expert
Good morning everyone from the chilly whiteness that is the dark and dangerous north. This now the season of that social media game of ‘how much snow’ photos, ‘will the school be open’ and ‘who’s forgotten how to drive’. Garage conversion begins today. What fun. I also need to remember to take peak flow readings morning and evening. Evidently up to a 10% difference indicates that asthma meds are working as planned - more than that - they need reviewing. Art bit, the start of another lighthouse. Have the best day that you can, take care underfoot. Koffy is brewing.

View attachment 59778
An interesting perspective that gives me a pain in the neck!:)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I still remember one of my mishaps in the snow. I had been giving Mr K's dad a lecture on just how dangerous it was on our patio when icy. I stepped out into the patio and said - look how slippery it is.

You can guess what happened. Once I had painfully hauled myself up he said 'I wasn't the one who fell over'.

He had altzheimers but he never forgot that incident and would often turn to me and proudly say 'I wasn't the one who fell over'.
I am giving you a funny that @Krystyna23040 because, although I know it was painful for you (a hug for you), it gave your father-in-law an incident he could latch onto and remember and in a way, I think that's very sweet considering he had Alzheimer's.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

D.
Be careful on those roads @lindisfel
And when walking...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 59778
Oh dear...my stomach is churning again @dunelm
It has only just settled from yesterday...

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

View attachment 59778
Can you get upside down vertigo?

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
6:09am 5.4 ➡️ - Thursday's carbs: 127 *I couldn't add a nice green blob emoji so decided to change the colour to reflect the range!

Training: Today was the elliptical - and my challenge next week is to get 4 sessions done so that I can keep up my unbeaten run including a golf clinic holiday in Islantilla. All booked before late mum's bungalow boiler died and needed replacing, and my electric gates decided to go on the fritz. Probably my only hols this year, but holidays are a privilege and not a right, so I will head out and enjoy my birthday chasing golf balls in the sun in Spain, and be thankful that I am able to manage that this year. I need to scrape together a weekend with my bestie golfing and spa day before she succumbs to a 10th (!) knee op. Pro tennis is dangerous y'all!

There was no golf to be had yesterday - absolutely chucking it down, so we had breakfast at the club and then came home.
Suspect Saturday's game (thankfully only a sneaky 9) might be a soggy day too... meh!

Keep your fingers crossed for me - hoping to sign up my first copywriting client today. A local PT who has a more nurturing approach than some of the military types yelling at people on bootcamps on the Common (although he does do bootcamps too). He is focusing on fitness for over-50s and its benefit on mental health. Something I feel is very much worth promoting. Whether I can get him to pony up for the help he needs to create the imagery, manage a schedule and build his brand... is another matter!
Fingers duly crossed.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

D.
Safe journey. There may be ice as well as snow.

One more service gone to the dogs, it seems. Who suffers the most from all these failures? The young? schoolkids? the disabled? Elderly? Hard to say, everyone suffers to some degree. Being elderly, I come down on that side. Others may disagree, with justification.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good cold and wet Morening Ladies and Gentleman and not forgetting the neglected Abominable Snowman whom I’m assured lives in the dark and dangerous norf of Watford.

A 5.1 this morning on that meter of discontent.

Good luck and best wishes to @lindisfel on his travels in the snow and hopefully a successful result.

Here in the soft sarf things are cold and wet, but no serious snow. Hmmm I wonder if any other mixture of elements can exist in as many states of matter yes I’m waffling on about H2O, my favourite must be koffy which I am desperate for now.

Stay safe and warm koffy is calling.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 8.9
It's not food, so I assume that fall yesterday was somehow responsible for that...
I am still sore and saying ouch, but with hindsight I am very lucky that is all that is

And I was unable to put the SD cards in the wildlife cameras yesterday evening, it wasn't safe for me to step out in the snow. I did manage to throw some food out, and I did manage to put some food out of the kitchen door where I have made, a small shelter for the stray cats to eat under, and I used my long handled grabber thing to carefully put dishes of food out, while hanging onto the doorframe from inside the bungalow.

And this is the first night since I started recording with the wildlife cameras, that I have not been able to do it, so I was disappointed in that.

However, I do have a few videos in reserve from when there was a lot of activity during the night and I saved them in case I had a night without recordings, because the battery died, or I had no blank SD cards, or I had not put the cards in right or something or other that happened so I didn't get any recordings that night.

So here is, as they used to say on Blue Peter, one I made earlier...
It was one night of a lot of interactions between the cats shortly after Merlin came on the scene. It is a long one, possibly of observational interest to cat lovers, and there are the Fox and the badger on here, but they're not the main focus of this video. I did it mainly as a record of these interactions between the cats.

And it is a very big pity I was not able to get those SD cards into the wildlife cameras last night, because they would've recorded something very interesting. Because there was so much white snow out there, the night light was as clear as daylight. Midnight sat on my bedside cabinet, looking out of the window and his head twitched. So I moved to the side of the bed by Midnight and my head twitched. KissyKissy and the mate that KissyKissy had chosen and has been courting recently, were at it. And unless there is something different about the mating habits of badgers to the rest of the animal species, KissyKissy is definitely a male. They were both playfully enjoying this activity...

I always thought KissyKissy was a female, just because of the playfulness of that badger. But the mate KissyKissy has chosen is as equally as playful as KissyKissy.

So that was mine and Midnight's entertainment last night...

Creative is a sheep painting in Procreate...

Have your best kind of day, and have the cuppa of your choice.

61A914FE-5CA8-4777-9D9C-70929C7AFCAE.jpeg

Last edited:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Fbg 8.9
It's not food, so I assume that fall yesterday was somehow responsible for that...
I am still sore and saying ouch, but with hindsight I am very lucky that is all that is

And I was unable to put the SD cards in the wildlife cameras yesterday evening, it wasn't safe for me to step out in the snow. I did manage to throw some food out, and I did manage to put some food out of the kitchen door where I have made, a small shelter for the stray cats to eat under, and I used my long handled grabber thing to carefully put dishes of food out, while hanging onto the doorframe from inside the bungalow.

And this is the first night since I started recording with the wildlife cameras, that I have not been able to do it, so I was disappointed in that.

However, I do have a few videos in reserve from when there was a lot of activity during the night and I saved them in case I had a night without recordings, because the battery died, or I had no blank SD cards, or I had not put the cards in right or something or other that happened so I didn't get any recordings that night.

So here is, as they used to say on Blue Peter, one I made earlier...
It was one night of a lot of interactions between the cats shortly after Merlin came on the scene. It is a long one, possibly of observational interest to cat lovers, and there are the Fox and the badger on here, but they're not the main focus of this video. I did it mainly as a record of these interactions between the cats.

And it is a very big pity I was not able to get those SD cards into the wildlife cameras last night, because they would've recorded something very interesting. Because there was so much white snow out there, the night light was as clear as daylight. Midnight sat on my bedside cabinet, looking out of the window and his head twitched. So I moved to the side of the bed by Midnight and my head twitched. KissyKissy and the mate that KissyKissy had chosen and has been courting recently, were at it. And unless there is something different about the mating habits of badgers to the rest of the animal species, KissyKissy is definitely a male. They were both playfully enjoying this activity...

I always thought KissyKissy was a female, just because of the playfulness that badger. But the mate KissyKissy has chosen is as equally as playful as KissyKissy.

So that was mine and Midnight's entertainment last night...

Creative is a sheep painting in Procreate...

Have your best kind of day, and have the cuppa of your choice.

View attachment 59779
That sheep is looking very sad today. Presumably doesn't much like the snow. One cat, I can see, is keeping nice and warm amongst the sheep's wool but can't see a second one. Maybe stayed indoors overnight.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Good Luck!